Register
It is currently Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:30 pm

SEAGOO'06: Pictures and stories :-)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:05 am   

Here are some pictures from the Annual Owners Meeting
A lot of the pictures are taken by Judy (JIF). Judy had graciously shared her pictures with me so that I can post them here. I remember Janet takintg the picture of the candidates. All in all it was a group effort :) Thanks everyone for your help with the pictures and with setting up the GOO. It was great!!!!

Judy (iamjam), Evelina and Colleen (colleenCS) :)

Jim at the Annual Meeting

Marci, Nena, Laura and Theresa

Here are the candidates tables. (note the WMOwners banner in the background!)

Last edited by kapish on Tue 24 Oct 2006 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:12 am   

Pictures from the mini-GOO at the Camlin, after the Annual Owners Meeting

Eric Clark from redseason on the right

Sean (odaddy) and wife

Philip, Eric etc.

We had a great time spending time with the candidates (Gil, Philip, Jim, John H)

Jim and Judy

Bryan, Judy and Evelina

Last edited by kapish on Sun 22 Oct 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:21 am   

Mike with John Henley

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:27 am   

Kapish anf JIF

Laura and Marci

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:42 am   

What a GOO!!!!

This year's SEAGOO was larger than last years! So many people, so much food and drinks! So much FUN!!!\:D/

When I arrived at the Camlin I ran into Lynne (platinum) and Jim (FLYNZ4). I would end up staying at the studio unit Lynne had just vacated. The Camlin employees are so friendly and helpful (what a change from those at South Shore!)

Since the room wasn't ready I walked over to the water front in search of some flowers for Nena, and then I connected with Philip and we walked back to the Camlin with our flowers. It was a beautiful day in Seattle. We got ready for our trip to the Annual Owners Meeting as we started seeing all our buds from the Worldmark forums started to arrive at the Camlin.

Carpooling to the meeting with Theresa, Debbi (DF), Nena and Philip was surely interesting ;)

Greeted at the meeting with so many friendly TW employees and tons of WM Owners. It was great to talk to other owners about our love of Worldmark and sharing mutually our concerns about the club's directions.

I will post the GOO pictures later ;)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 9:46 am   

Ken at the Pike Place Market, after our morning walk after the annual meeting.

Ken and Manoj at the Camlin

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 10:08 am   

Louise, Evelina, Bryan, Sean, Jim, Theresa, Marci, Mike

Evelina and Bryan

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 12:15 pm   

Had a blast at seagoo!!!. It was very fun to meet the faces behind all these screen names. What a great group of people!!! Probably 20-30 owners that were walking past and did not know anything about wmowners, got invited and came for at least a while. I swear, it seemed like Evelina and Mike were waiting at the elevator and dragging em into the party!! Certainly Worldmark has a bright future if this is representative of our membership! I did not meet 1 owner that does not love worldmark. One lady, Priscilla, was sitting in the hottub wondering what was going on, she knew nothing of wmowners, she went on and on about how worldmark had changed her life, saved her daughters marriage!! Experience after experience. It would be an unbelievable testimonial for Trendwest sales. Makes you wonder if Trendwest truly appreciated the membership, how incredible the synergy could really be! Thank you so much to all the people we met! Especially those who worked so hard to make this a success!!

Sean and Heidi

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 3:40 pm   

It is truly a multi-day party! :D

It started for me with a dinner Wednesday night at the Dragonfish with some of the early arrivals. 8) Guess what were some of the topics? WM travels and business, of course! :mrgreen:

Even the Annual Owners' Meeting was great! :lol: It was great to see our friends Philip and Jim on stage - Philip told us why we should give him our proxies (I did and put them right into the ballot box at the meeting!); I appreciate the TW people giving us information; and we got to talk to other owners who had never heard of WMO, and pass out a ton of wmowners pens, business cards and flyers! Lots of wmowners asked questions, and I even put the wmowners name into my question - hopefully some owners at home will log onto our site! :D Dave Herrick said the word "resale" on stage! Eric Clark from Redseason put in a plug against selling through resellers with upfront fees. Some other owners asked tough questions too. Those of you who were not there and did not watch the Webcast should request a video from OS.

The parties on Thursday and Friday consisted of:
* Food , food, and food! Alberta brought a chocolate fountain! Thanks to Evelina and Janet for being the operations offcers! They kept bringing out food and inviting new (to WMO) owners in. Such angels! O:) Thank you, Evelina and Janet! =D> And thank you, Manoj, for being our photography officer! =D>
* Meeting and talking with other owners regarding fun stuff, and serious WM business.
* Meeting WM celebrities: John Henley, Jim, Philip, Gil; I appreciate talking to Eric Clark from Redseason.
* Touring of Camlin units: I saw ALL of the PHs (including the 2BR PH Queen thanks to Peggy Fry), the 2BR Deluxe, 2BR Queen, and a studio Plus. The courtyard is nice. It looks like TW Sales is out of the ground floor but is on the tenth floor, with the fabulous view!
* Learning new tricks from talking to people. :D

I am home but I think the party is still going on at the Camlin. \:D/

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 4:56 pm   

Thanks for the pictures Manoj. it is nice to see faces to go along with the forum user names.

It seems as if the Owners Meeting and the GOO had a very good turn out. I take my hat off to all of you great Worldmark Owners who have put themselves out there (in the lime light and behind the scenes) to make owners aware of what a great club we have and to also help us realize there are some issues that need to be addressed.

WM: Clear Lake 4x, Angels Camp 14x; Marina Dunes 3x; Palm Springs 1x; Pismo Beach 3x; Windsor 3x; Lake Tahoe 1x; Southshore 2x; Reno 3x; Depoe Bay 1x; Gleneden 1x; Rancho Vistoso 1x; Kihei 1x; Solvang 1x; Indio 2x; Oceanside 1x
RCI: Sheraton Desert Oasis, Scottsdale AZ ; Mayan Palace, Puerta Vallarta MX
II: Marriott’s Desert Springs II (2x), Palm Desert CA; David Walley Resort, Genoa NV; The Falls at Ogunquit, Ogunquit ME; Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage CA
Friends Timeshare: Mayan Palace resorts - Nuevo Vallarta, Mazatlan, Mayan Riviera, Acapulco; Club Intrawest, Zihuataneo, MX

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 6:56 pm   

Thanks for the pics and stories!!! They're awesome!!! Wish I was there!!!! :bigcry:

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 7:22 pm   

LLW wrote:
It is truly a multi-day party! :D

It started for me with a dinner Wednesday night at the Dragonfish with some of the early arrivals. 8) Guess what were some of the topics? WM travels and business, of course! :mrgreen:

Even the Annual Owners' Meeting was great! :lol: It was great to see our friends Philip and Jim on stage - Philip told us why we should give him our proxies (I did and put them right into the ballot box at the meeting!); I appreciate the TW people giving us information; and we got to talk to other owners who had never heard of WMO, and pass out a ton of wmowners pens, business cards and flyers! Lots of wmowners asked questions, and I even put the wmowners name into my question - hopefully some owners at home will log onto our site! :D Dave Herrick said the word "resale" on stage! Eric Clark from Redseason put in a plug against selling through resellers with upfront fees. Some other owners asked tough questions too. Those of you who were not there and did not watch the Webcast should request a video from OS.

The parties on Thursday and Friday consisted of:
* Food , food, and food! Alberta brought a chocolate fountain! Thanks to Evelina and Janet for being the operations offcers! They kept bringing out food and inviting new (to WMO) owners in. Such angels! O:) Thank you, Evelina and Janet! =D> And thank you, Manoj, for being our photography officer! =D>
* Meeting and talking with other owners regarding fun stuff, and serious WM business.
* Meeting WM celebrities: John Henley, Jim, Philip, Gil; I appreciate talking to Eric Clark from Redseason.
* Touring of Camlin units: I saw ALL of the PHs (including the 2BR PH Queen thanks to Peggy Fry), the 2BR Deluxe, 2BR Queen, and a studio Plus. The courtyard is nice. It looks like TW Sales is out of the ground floor but is on the tenth floor, with the fabulous view!
* Learning new tricks from talking to people. :D

I am home but I think the party is still going on at the Camlin. \:D/

Hum, hum... did you forget another celebrity that you met last night at the GOO? :D :whistle:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 10:16 pm   

I met some great fellow WMowners last night @ the Camlin. =D>

I could write 3 pages about how nice everybody was and how much fun it was putting faces to the posters, but I won't. O:)

Instead let me mention the hard work put forth by a couple of wonderful ladies (and Mike) who worked tirelessly to cook, clean, welcome, promote, befriend and organize a wonderful event. \:D/

Evelina, Janet, Nena, and many other worked really hard so that Teresa and I could could just eat and play the whole time. :whistle:

Thank you all for a wonderful time and for making my lovely wife, Marcy, feel so welcome and a part of the group. :D (except Manoj who kept trying to get me in trouble with the "hot Marcy" remarks) [-X

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 11:37 pm   

Thank you everyone for a great time at the GOO. It was so much fun seeing everyone and meeting new people. And yes, we got to meet that one celebrity. I think he was from the big town of Buckley, WA. :P

For the annual meeting: Jim did a great job 'on stage' as one would expect. And as usual PA told it like it was. The WM Owners group held steadfast with their support and loyalty to the membership. We have a great group who love their timeshare and want to see the best come out of it.

Thanks for everyone's hard work....

Alberta

PostPosted: Sun 22 Oct 2006 9:23 am   

I'm so sad that I couldn't be there. Sounds like a great time was had by all!! Thank you for sharing more info and pics. Almost feels like I did go! :D Great advertisement for wmowners.com !! Now I wonder if we start pressuring the BoD to have our OWN forum - not one run by TW, what would happen. I mean, realistically we could ask them to put a link to THIS forum on the WM website. That site is not owned by TW but by WM. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't link to here if enough owners asked strongly! :lol:

Again- great job all of you that went and I am glad y'all had a good time!!!

Chris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next