Register
It is currently Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:25 pm

NorCal GOO @ Worldmark Windsor > November 10,11 2006

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 PostPosted: Fri 18 Aug 2006 8:25 am   

The next NorCal GOO is being planned!! \:D/

Now that we have discovered the Windsor resort being on Inventory Special, some of us who had attended the WindsorGOO in August are planning to get together for another gathering at the same resort over the Veterans Day weekend! I hope more owners from Northern California, Southern California and the Pacific Northwest can join!

We are planning for a gathering on FRI. and a brunch on Saturday, and dinner later that day.

Let's have some real fun in the Wine Country!!
\:D/

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep 2006 2:35 pm   

kapish wrote:
The next NorCal GOO is being planned!! \:D/

Now that we have discovered the Windsor resort being on Inventory Special, some of us who had attended the WindsorGOO in August are planning to get together for another gathering at the same resort over the Veterans Day weekend! I hope more owners from Northern California, Southern California and the Pacific Northwest can join!

We are planning for a gathering on FRI. and a brunch on Saturday, and dinner later that day.

Let's have some real fun in the Wine Country!!
\:D/

=D> =D> =D>
Manoj,
Helen and I will be there Friday night and Saturday night and will leave for home Sunday afternoon. We're looking forward to seeing you and everyone else again. Windsor has a lot of IS available right now but it may go quickly. Sign up now, my friends, so we can share more vacation ideas with each other in person. No sales pitches and no politics, just fun.

:rofl: \:D/ :rofl: \:D/ :rofl: \:D/ :rofl: Remember: Nov. 10-12, 2006

PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 9:24 pm   

Ty: Thanks for the heads-up! I also booked a unit at Windsor on IS!!! See you there!!

NorCal owners!! Please book your IS units and join us at the GOO!! :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 8:03 am   

Just sent email to some NorCal owners. I hope they respond to the email by replying to this thread. :wave:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 8:30 am   

I'm afraid that we can't make it. We'll be at the SpudGOO in January though. Have a great time.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 10:16 am   

kapish wrote:
Just sent email to some NorCal owners. I hope they respond to the email by replying to this thread. :wave:

Hi Manoj,

Made reservations several days ago for Thursday and Friday (9th and 10th) so I could host some friends in the area. Will try to stay Saturday night also and participate in friendly WM GOO festivities.

Will be great to see all who can make it. Whew --- rooms are going fast though. I was actually impressed that we could do Inventory Specials over a holiday week-end. We'll have to celebrate veterans that week-end though. My son just returned to Iraq for his second tour this week.

Thanks for doing all the work to get this one going.

Lynne

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 4:36 pm   

If people are interested in me setting up a dinner reservation for Saturday night please let me know. Windsor has Mary's, which we went to last time. We also have a nice Japanese (they have cooked food too).

Windsor may be small but we do know how to eat up well -Lorene

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 4:54 pm   

Lynne: Please thank your son for everything he does for this beautiful country. I am grateful to our soldiers.

Lorene: Thanks for the offer for setting up dinner in Windsor. I kinda wanted to try out some of the neat restaurants in old downtown. May be we could do something over there as we have already covered Mary's. We had fun at the Vietmnamese place, but it is too small for our crowd.

Thanks! I will be bringing my family and we are looking forward to meeting everyone at the NorCal GOO!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 5:06 pm   

Yes downtown is great, but if we have a large group any of the eateries might be too small, especially for a Saturday (heave touristy) evening. That would be my only concern.

Kasey's Grill is also good, but small. If these places end up being too small we could always eat elsewhere and then walk around after dinner. Just a thought. I am completely open to suggestions and willing to help.

-Lorene

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 5:53 pm   

We will be at Windsor Nov. 9, 10, and 11. I would love to attend the GOO.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 6:11 pm   

philandjan wrote:
We will be at Windsor Nov. 9, 10, and 11. I would love to attend the GOO.
Phil and Jan, that is GREAT!!! :wave: Looking forward to seeing you at the GOO. I am glad to see this gathering is starting to 'happen' \:D/

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 6:36 pm   

Hey ya'all have a good timeImageImageImageImageImageImage

I made it to one.......someday maybe another! \:D/ fore I get tooo OLD... =; Rich!

Next California GOO is Indio! THE SBUD GOO!
I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of Southern CAL folks! It's been a long time since you had a GOO and there's a bunch of you to meet!ImageImage

Next GOO---SEAGOO---Image

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 6:44 pm   

Hey Lorene and Manoj and other NorCal GOO'ers,

We were going to do something on both Friday and Satuday nights, right?

I may not be able to stay long at dinner Saturday but if we are getting together on Friday night, I wouldn't mind hosting the event (potluck snacks and beverages) at my 2-bedroom unit. I'm checking in Thursday so could prepare for a get-together, if notified in advance. Or maybe we could have a roving open house Friday evening? Two or three units?

I'll have friends who are not WMers staying with me Friday night, but they are cool (party-people...haha), as long as it's over at a decent hour so we can sleep. We three have to be somewhere in Santa Rosa at 1pm Saturday.

Let me know if I can help the group gathering in any way. If a bunch of folks brought wine/beer and sodas and munchies, I could provide some substantial things also. Veggie plate, etc. As long as I had a sense of about how many were coming. Will be fun! :D

Lynne

PS: Did anyone hear that Windsor has changed its rules so that there is now only one parking space per unit? The VPC told me it was a new thing. Guest cars need to park on the street by the golf course. I haven't checked it as yet with the resort.

Last edited by platinum on Thu 21 Sep 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 7:28 pm   

platinum wrote:
Hi Manoj,

Made reservations several days ago for Thursday and Friday (9th and 10th) so I could host some friends in the area. Will try to stay Saturday night also and participate in friendly WM GOO festivities.

Will be great to see all who can make it. Whew --- rooms are going fast though. I was actually impressed that we could do Inventory Specials over a holiday week-end. We'll have to celebrate veterans that week-end though. My son just returned to Iraq for his second tour this week.

Thanks for doing all the work to get this one going.

Lynne

I too send my thanks to him and others like him. Cliff's brother was there when we met you last March. He got home a few weeks after that. He'll retire from the Air Force in about 3 1/4 years. He's Lt. Colonel was in command of the base where he was.

I thank God every day for this country. I also send my thanks to all those who help to make it so great.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 4:51 pm   

lconnors wrote:
I too send my thanks to him and others like him. Cliff's brother was there when we met you last March. He got home a few weeks after that. He'll retire from the Air Force in about 3 1/4 years. He's Lt. Colonel was in command of the base where he was.

I thank God every day for this country. I also send my thanks to all those who help to make it so great.

Thanks Lynn,

Seems that the two 3-day week-ends we have each year (Memorial Day and Veteran's Day) are a good time to remember all of this, even though we should remember it regularly. It does bother me periodically that people forget what some of these holidays represent, while the week-end parties are going on. Folks are usually better about remembering the purpose of Fourth of July though, in my experience.

We'll have fun, on behalf of our vets (and a nice WM get-together) up in Windsor that week-end. I've put my Blue Star Mom flag up in the window again, so I hope nobody is bothered if I'm wearing a yellow ribbon or something like that.

Semper Fi,
Lynne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next