Register
It is currently Fri 23 Jun 2017 10:48 am

Kapish's Trip to Four Seasons Aviara Dec. 2005, '07& '08

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 2:42 pm   

Four Seasons Aviara is a beautiful resort located in Carlsbad, CA (30 miles North of San Diego.) It has been consistently rated as one of the best resorts in the world. Through Interval International we have been able to exchange into this beautiful resort a number of times. Each stay had been wonderful.

Although the resort is supposed to be at full capacity, we rarely see folks at this place. The service staff are great! The Four Seasons Hotel is co-located and guests get to use the amenities at the hotel as well.

There are 4 large pools, and a minimum of 4 hot tubs. At least two nice restaurants are available. Free shuttle service and free daily newspaper are available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings all!

We have checked in at Four Seasons Aviara. It is a beautiful resort, and the weather has been fantastic. It is currently 70+ degrees and partly overcast. We are expecting 20+ ft waves in Northern and Southern California beaches, so plan to head to some place to watch these humongous breakers.

Last night we went to San Diego harbor to watch the "San Diego Bay Parade of Lights" and then toured the Gas Lamp Quarters. Today we are just enjoying the Sun at and near the resort. My mom and my wife had hiked along the Butiquitos Lagoon earlier today and particularly enjoyed the weather and the serene landscape along the lagoon.

Here are some pictures from yesterday:

Four Seasons Aviara

The lobby at the Meadows building @ FSA

FSA Lobby

FSA Lobby, another part

From the lobby to the pool at the "Meadows"

The Christmas tree at the lobby

At the lobby, when checking in, one is offered strawberry lemonade and during this Christmas season, we are also offered hot apple cider. We can also checkout complimentary DVD movies, Sony Playstation2 games, books and magazines.

Both the pools have poolside bars that serve drinks and food. The pools also have attendants offering to setup a pool chair for you as well as offering towels, water, etc.

Shiva grinning as he had checked out the Sony Playstation video games.

A view of the Batiquitos Lagoon, from the trail.

Buildings and view from the "Summits"

One of the Summits buildings.

There are computers with internet access available at the Summits, Meadows and the hotel lobby. The Four Seasons Aviara Hotel has WiFi in the lobby area. All the rooms are equipped with wired internet access. It would cost $5 per day if one decides to make use of that amenity. Since my dad is always on the 'net while we are in our unit, we decided to take the plunge and pay for the internet services in our unit.

Last edited by kapish on Wed 24 Dec 2008 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 2:47 pm   

Great pics, but so unfair...

I hope you have a great time. Have a great Christmas!

McCall x6,Gleneden,Wolf Creek x6, Bear Lake, Seasidex4, BirchBay,Dolphins Cove,Oceanside,Vegas babyx2, St. George,Camlin, Yellowstone,Depoe Bayx2, Newport,Arrowpoint,Eaglecrest

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 3:59 pm   

Thanks Doug.

Here is my first complaint about FSA. The housekeeping staff is starting to bug me ... they are, apparently, highly disappointed that we didn't let them clean our unit yesterday. Today they called and insisted that they have to clean our unit today! So, we have made an appointment for later in the afternoon! Daily cleaning!?! Yikes!!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 4:40 pm   

kapish wrote:
Thanks Doug.

Here is my first complaint about FSA. The housekeeping staff is starting to bug me ... they are, apparently, highly disappointed that we didn't let them clean our unit yesterday. Today they called and insisted that they have to clean our unit today! So, we have made an appointment for later in the afternoon! Daily cleaning!?! Yikes!!

Is there an extra charge for cleaning or just the usual tip?

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 4:41 pm   

kapish wrote:
Thanks Doug.

Manoj:

Did you know they will do your dishes for you? Let them come in! \:D/ At FSA, having maid service is truly like having a MAID! :mrgreen:

P.S. I heard the owners voted to have daily maid service - that's why they have to pay over $2,000 a year per week in maintenance fees. For us exchangers, that's part of the FSA experience. :P

P.P.S. Be sure to visit the Summits clubhouse - that's where the pool table is; albeit, the Meadows fitness center is newer and much nicer. Also, in the Summits pool area you can only get cold food (e.g. salad) whereas in the Meadows pool area you can get hot food too. Enjoy! 8)

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

Last edited by LLW on Mon 19 Dec 2005 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 4:49 pm   

Ken: It doesn't cost me anything extra. I was kidding about it being a complaint ;) I met the housekeeping staff. They are kind and very courteous.

Louise: I remember someone mentioning that earlier. (May be it was you.) I have made an appointment for later this afternoon. They will be coming in shortly.

All the staff has been great! We went to the pool this morning and the gal at the pool immediately came over to us, and after welcoming us offered to setup beach chairs for us and asked us whether we would like to have some ice water. The folks at the bar are also very eager to pour us drinks. Had to resist the temptation... :oops:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 5:00 pm   

kapish wrote:
All the staff has been great! We went to the pool this morning and the gal at the pool immediately came over to us, and after welcoming us offered to setup beach chairs for us and asked us whether we would like to have some ice water. The folks at the bar are also very eager to pour us drinks. Had to resist the temptation... :oops:

If it is sunny and hot, they will offer you complimentary water melon slices too. :lol:

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 5:43 pm   

LLW wrote:
kapish wrote:

If it is sunny and hot, they will offer you complimentary water melon slices too. :lol:

ann, Repeat this mantra...... I am not jealous..... I am not jealous.
:bigcry:

Yeah -- take advantage of the maid service! They will also replace the beautiful toiletries!

ENJOY! Don't forget to go to the "S'mores nights" by the firepit if they still have them!

a.

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 5:45 pm   

Hey I'll be thinking of you when I'm out scraping the ice off my windows in the morning! The only daily maid service we have here at home is when the dog cleans up all the crumbs.
Have a great week!

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 8:00 pm   

LLW wrote:
Louise: I don't think is going to get that hot for them to offer watermelon slices... Will have to try to exchange back here during Summer. :mrgreen:

herindoors wrote:
ENJOY! Don't forget to go to the "S'mores nights" by the firepit if they still have them!
Thanks for the note Ann. I see, in their published events calendar that the "s'mores night" is scheduled for this Thursday!
surf rider wrote:
Hey I'll be thinking of you when I'm out scraping the ice off my windows in the morning! The only daily maid service we have here at home is when the dog cleans up all the crumbs.
Have a great week!
Robert, I will be thinking of you when I am sipping a Mai-Tai by the poolside :drunk:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 10:36 pm   

You guys aren't really buying this are you?
He's making this up. manoj has a very active imagination.
He had me going until the daily maid service. He must think we were born yesterday. =;
As a matter of fact, at tea with the Queen, she mentioned that I was a little gullable.
Did I spell gullable right? I tried looking it up but it wasn't in the dictionary. :shrug:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 10:53 pm   

Well, in that case, one of these days I just may have to go there too and check it out myself!

Is this possible with a 4000 deposit?

Robert, I have a dog just like yours. Trouble is, yes he cleans up the crumbs, but he leaves his muddy foot prints on the kitchen floor. I've been trying to teach the other dog, a Yorkie who looks a lot like a mop, to mop up after him. No luck yet. :(

T

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 11:20 pm   

DenMar wrote:
Did I spell gullable right? I tried looking it up but it wasn't in the dictionary. :shrug:

Gullable will be easier to find it in the dictionary if you try spelling it "gullible". I know because I am extremely gullible too! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 11:21 pm   

Theresa wrote:
Well, in that case, one of these days I just may have to go there too and check it out myself!

T

My experience only:

Yes, usually a studio or 1BR during the Flexchange period, unless you have a Grand Lake or Galena studio, then you can't see even the studios during Flexchange.

Outside of Flex, Running Y, Eagle Crest, and Clear Lake usually can see FSA 1BR in off season within about 6 months. Rarely can you see a 2BR, but it sometimes happens.

If you have a deposit, you can pay the exchange fee and put in a request. Then theoretically you would get it before it shows up on line, if one is available. Ann has gotten one that way. I have a request in and am checking on line frequently.

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec 2005 8:13 am   

Theresa wrote:
Absolutely! I booked a 2 BR unit (that we are using this week) using a 4000 credit WM Studio! (Pinetop; LK; 11/26/06 check-in). I booked it just outside of the 59 day window!

Profile WWW YIM  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next