Register
It is currently Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:31 pm

Kapish's drive through the Pacific Northwest to Victoria, BC

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul 2005 7:08 pm   

Victoria, "The Garden City", in Beautiful British Columbia!
Victoria, Fisherman's wharf, around the corner from the WM resort

Here is the group in front of the Parliament building in downtown Victoria.

The exterior of the Parliament building is decorated with lights at night.

The Empress Hotel, around the corner from the Parliament building.

There was a street fair near the harbor.

Victoria's Chinatown. This may not be as big as those in San Francisco etc., but it still is a pretty interesting place:)

Posing in front of a horse-driven carriages that take you on a tour around the city.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul 2005 7:36 pm   

Image Great pics, makes me a little nostalgic. Glad you are home safe.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul 2005 1:00 pm   

Thanks Nena. Glad to be back home :) I am sorry I missed meeting you and Theresa.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul 2005 1:11 pm   

Wow Kapish, what a great trip and those pics...excellent! Thanks for sharing. Great looking family too! Bet that trip was a memory maker. :D

McCall x6,Gleneden,Wolf Creek x6, Bear Lake, Seasidex4, BirchBay,Dolphins Cove,Oceanside,Vegas babyx2, St. George,Camlin, Yellowstone,Depoe Bayx2, Newport,Arrowpoint,Eaglecrest

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul 2005 6:15 pm   

That is quite a combination of resorts for one trip. We have been to all and they all have special features that we enjoyed. I too found the Port Townsend buildings quite fascinating, especially for a town no larger than this. I was also surprised to learn that Port Townsend was the Port of Entry before it was changed to Seattle many years ago. Your pictures are very nice and I enjoyed them . You have a lovely family.

These pictures remind me of when we were at these resorts and makes me want to go back again. Discovery Bay was the first week long visit we made after we purchased our WM points in 1998.
Harvey

PICTURES BY HARVEY: Bass Lake, Yosemite, Depoe Bay, Running Y & other - http://picasaweb.google.com/PictakeHL

]
Running Y (16),Discovery Bay, Birch Bay (2),Sundance,Angels Camp, Gleneden,Depoe Bay (12 ) Eagle Crest (3), Bass Lake(2), Canadian (2),Cascade Lodge, North Shore, Seaside (2), Victoria, Windsor, Clear Lake, Trip to London on Credits in 2000, (Members of WorldMark since Jan 1998)

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul 2005 7:24 pm   

Kapish,

What a wonderful trip you must have had. Often even those of us who live in the area need to be reminded of what sights others are impressed with.

Most of your photos brought back a flood of memories. When I worked on the Oregon Coast, when we watched Salmon swim up the Hoh River when the water was as deep as the ink on a Five Dollar bill, when we stayed in the "Officer and a Gentleman" room in some cheap hotel in Port Townsend, or when Mrs. S took me on a tour of Quilt shops in Victoria and I found out that every quilt shop had a place next door that sold 32 different Micro-Brews on tap, and they sold Cuban cigars.

I know that, before you left, the idea of the long drive must have been daunting. But the photos of you and your family has convinced me that you might have put off a "Pofessional sanity check" for some time to come.

Thanks again for sharing with the rest of the class.

Spud

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul 2005 7:49 pm   

Manoj,

I loved the pictures of your family and of your trip. It really helps me to feel like I know you. It was wonderful to be able to share your trip with us...thanks for doing that.

I'm doing my first multiple WorldMark resort vacation next month and I'm sure looking forward to it...of course my trip pales in comparison to yours, but one day I'll take a lot of time off and go up the whole west coast :-)

Well done!

--Jay

Last edited by ThaiChef on Fri 15 Jul 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2005 11:34 am   

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, Manoj! Lovely to see the photos! Now the $50,000 question!

a) Would you do it again, 8-[ and

b) Which resort would you like to go back to and spend more time in?

=D>

:wave:

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2005 12:21 pm   

Thanks Ann. Good questions.
  • I will do similar trips again. Now that I am able to stay in WM resorts and (may be Fairfield ones as well) across this beautiful country, I am even more eager to drive and go to places of interest. I started to think about a trip East-ward in 2006 or 2007 similar to the one we completed. I hope to can stay at resorts in New Mexico, Texas New Orleans, Florida etc. :)
  • Victoria will be the resort I would love to go back to. The lights, weather, shopping, restaurants and other activities
  • Second choice would be Gleneden. The resort being right on a very accessible beach was just great.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2005 12:22 pm   

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. I always enjoy when members post their pics, so I can see what the beautiful WM resorts look like and what the surrounding area is like. Makes me want to run out and go on a two week vacation. Hope to see more pics from other members.

dzdyer from CA

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2005 12:30 pm   

Harvey, Mr. Spud and Jay: Thanks so much. I am glad you all appreciated the pictures I posted. It (posting the pictures) was only proper to do so, because without the help of a lot of people here, our trip wouldn't have been this awesome. I printed out all the recommendations and helpful suggestions people had logged here and used it all through my trip.

I am happy looking at these pictures helped you remember some of the beautiful vacation experiences you all had.

My parents haven't gotten off the phone since we arrived home, telling all their friends and family about how memorable a trip this has been. :lol:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2005 12:50 pm   

I agree. It will be great if there is a central location at this site where vacation-related pictures and those pictures from the various GOO-s can be uploaded. At present we can upload pictures to the resorts area of the http://www.wmowners.com site. (Here is an example)
dzdyer wrote:
Thank you so much for posting your pictures. I always enjoy when members post their pics, so I can see what the beautiful WM resorts look like and what the surrounding area is like. Makes me want to run out and go on a two week vacation. Hope to see more pics from other members.

dzdyer from CA

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul 2005 9:59 pm   

What a wonderful vacation! Wow. It looks like you and yours had a great time. And thank you again, for posting your pictures!

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul 2005 8:00 pm   

Thanks Ms Gypsy :) I can't wait for the next one ;)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 04 Apr 2006 1:53 pm   

View from the ferry... looking at WM Victoria in the inner harbor

Profile WWW YIM  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next