Register
It is currently Wed 22 Feb 2017 11:43 pm

What did WYN do with the units extracted? (i.e. Canmore)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec 2014 2:35 pm   

Hello,

I've been looking into the Canmore resort, and saw that some units had been extracted from Worldmark's ownership as part of the settlement of this lawsuit. It seems to me that most of the resorts with extracted units were added to Wyndham Vacation Ownership/Club Wyndham Access, so presumably WYN put the units in that club and sold them there.

However, Canmore isn't listed in the WVO member directory. Does anyone know what WYN did with the Canmore units that were extracted via the settlement?

Regards,
Michael

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec 2014 3:53 pm   

The "penalty" to Wyndham from that lawsuit amounted to being given a "Gold" and "Get out of jail free" card in the same envelope. I wonder how long it took them to get the smug grins off of their faces?

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec 2014 4:45 pm   

bizaro86 wrote:
Hello,

I've been looking into the Canmore resort, and saw that some units had been extracted from Worldmark's ownership as part of the settlement of this lawsuit. It seems to me that most of the resorts with extracted units were added to Wyndham Vacation Ownership/Club Wyndham Access, so presumably wyn put the units in that club and sold them there.

However, Canmore isn't listed in the WVO member directory. Does anyone know what Wyn did with the Canmore units that were extracted via the settlement?

Regards,
Michael

I live in Canada, and am not sure what Wyn did. They probably rent them out on various sites and put them into RCI. Canada has very different rules for Timeshares. No sales office is allowed on the premises, or Salesmen, and although they did have an office in Burnaby once when they stated they were going to build more resorts in our country, that sales office got shut down during the "risky" monetary period.

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug 2016 9:46 pm   

Recent discussions on the Wixon settlement caused me to go back and review the case file on PACER.

In terms of the Canmore - the court approved not transferring those units for various reasons.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2016 5:01 pm   

Thanks Eric! Sorry, I just saw this, but appreciate you looking into it. I had always wondered what happened to those units. Canmore is my "home" or drive to WM resort, so if there was another source of availability in another club or something I would definitely have been interested.

Michael