Register
It is currently Tue 02 Jun 2020 7:23 am

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta Resort Fees: 3/9/2020

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar 2020 8:40 am   

REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice.
Confirmations made on or after March 9, 2020:
0BED: USD 345.
1BED: USD 518.
2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 863.
Resort fee per unit/per week.

Confirmations made October 5, 2018 through March 8, 2020:
0BED: USD 252.
1BED: USD 378.
2BED: USD 630.

Resort fee includes:One-way, transfer to resort, Wi-Fi, maid service, newspaper, access to gym & internal transportation. To schedule airport transfer to resort: https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com The following information must be provided within five days before check-in: confirmation number, name of the resort and flight information. Valet parking: MXN 390 weekly/per car.
You are responsible for imposed utility/energy surcharges, occupancy or similar taxes, service charges, telephone connection fees, long distance phone charges, personal charges, and applicable amenities usage, housekeeping or resort fees.

Resort parking is typically limited to one car per unit. A parking fee may be charged. Some resorts may have no on-site parking, requiring the use of an alternate off-site facility at an additional fee. Prior arrangements must be made for parking trailers, boats, motorcycles or any type of recreational vehicle (usually at an off-site location).

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar 2020 11:57 pm   

Wow, we were going to go there this April or May but decided to stay in the states due to the coronavirus. Didn't want to get quarantine outside the country. We would need a two bedroom so the fee would be $863 now? That's expensive fee.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2020 5:44 am   

Add to the Resort fee the Exchange Fee, the MF's on the Points you traded, etc. These ridiculous.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:15 am   

I agree. Even at the previous 630, I wasn't interested. It's an increase of $233 on the 2br & larger units.

I don't know what it costs to rent from an Owner, but the 863 may have brought the exchange cost up to that par.
There's going to be a plethora of units on II.

At the last increase, RCI had the info first. This time, II had the info, but not RCI yet.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2020 7:17 am   

javanite wrote:
I agree. Even at the previous 630, I wasn't interested. It's an increase of $233 on the 2br & larger units.

I don't know what it costs to rent from an Owner, but the 863 may have brought the exchange cost up to that par.

At the last increase, RCI had the info first. This time, II had the info, but not RCI yet.

Our MF for a 2 bedroom loft is about $2900 per week. Includes 16 rounds of golf and 2 spa treatments per visit just to give you n idea of what owners are paying.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2020 1:31 pm   

Really glad that we went 3 and 5 yrs ago. Love the place, my favorite, but we won't be going back at these prices, unfortunately.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Birch Bay; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor; Camlin; Bend 7th Mountain; Angels Camp; Portland, Reunion
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:00 am   

drguy wrote:
javanite wrote:

Our MF for a 2 bedroom loft is about $2900 per week. Includes 16 rounds of golf and 2 spa treatments per visit just to give you n idea of what owners are paying.

Wow, that is an expensive MF. Would II people get the 16 rounds of golf and 2 spa too, do you know?

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:50 am   

Hope90 wrote:
drguy wrote:
javanite wrote:

Wow, that is an expensive MF. Would II people get the 16 rounds of golf and 2 spa too, do you know?

II exchangers do not receive the golf or spa treatments. Those that rent from an owner do receive them.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:22 pm   

Hope90 wrote:
drguy wrote:
javanite wrote:

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 12:23 pm   

drguy wrote:
II exchangers do not receive the golf or spa treatments. Those that rent from an owner do receive them.

At Nuevo Vallarta, golf fees were posted around $300. I rarely saw anyone on the golf courses while I was there. My friends went and they negotiated $75 per teen and $100 per adult, including golf cart and club rental.

The minimum age for the spa was 16 year old. I don't remember the prices, but they typically have a special of the day. They don't advertise it, so you have to ask.

While I agree that the resort fees are high, but we are still getting a better deal than if you were an owner, which probably upset them. Timeshares aside, a Grand Luxxe 2BR is definitely worth $2900 for a week, especially when you can almost be guaranteed a prime week. $600+ resort fees for Sea Breeze, not so much.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 12:34 pm   

atom wrote:
drguy wrote:

At Nuevo Vallarta, golf fees were posted around $300. I rarely saw anyone on the golf courses while I was there. My friends went and they negotiated $75 per teen and $100 per adult, including golf cart and club rental.

The posted golf prices are absurd because they've stopped offering free golf for most upgrades, and instead offer a golf discount to retail buyers. So they sold a bunch of people timeshares by promising them 50-75% off golf, then massively increased the price of golf.

PostPosted: Sun 19 Apr 2020 8:44 pm   

It will be interesting to see if they backtrack the policy due to current pandemic. GL is on my bucket list now.

PostPosted: Mon 27 Apr 2020 9:59 am   

Backtrack has occurred:
II advisory now says:

Confirmations made October 5, 2018:
0BED: USD 252.
1BED: USD 378.
2BED: USD 630.