Register
It is currently Mon 16 Oct 2017 4:26 pm

We are done...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 9:34 am   

We are done with Worldmark,
I have been an owner since 04 and currently have 10k credits a year with a current balance oh 12,800 credits and 10k available to borrow and 1 token available to borrow. They are WM+A credits.
My maint dues are current and were just paid for this new quarter.
Oh and there is no outstanding balance on my account, it was paid in full several years ago.

All of this being said what is the best way to go about selling this thing?
All inputs and responses are appreciated

Dan

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 10:20 am   

Dan -

My first step would be to look over the postings here on WMownwers
viewforum.php?f=71

Then format yours in the approved format and list it. If that doesn't work - I'd try to negotiate with the resellers who are talked about on this site. If that is not satisfactory to your expectations, you could try Ebay.

tom

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 10:26 am   

tquayle wrote:
Dan -

viewforum.php?f=71

Then format yours in the approved format and list it. If that doesn't work - I'd try to negotiate with the resellers who are talked about on this site. If that is not satisfactory to your expectations, you could try Ebay.

tom

Thanks Tom,
I have been looking over the information on the subject.
It is quite the library LOL

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 12:06 pm   

Also while they maybe WM+A Credits for you on the resell market theybecome simply WM Credits.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 8:39 am   

dtopford wrote:
tquayle wrote:
Dan -

viewforum.php?f=71

tom

Thanks Tom,
I have been looking over the information on the subject.
It is quite the library LOL

Here's a recent post from Charlotte - see the offer to buy. probably about 10 cents a point:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Contract type: Premier
. Number of annual credits: 6,000 Annual
. Anniversary date: November 1st
. Number of points available (w/o borrowing): zero
. Number of points available to borrow: 6,000
. Loan balance: (if any) NONE
. Assumable loan (if applicable): NONE
. Asking price: $1700 plus $299 transfer fee
Currently annual maintenance fees of $640.68 are billed quarterly and will be kept current by the seller until the transfer completes. Transfers typically take around 100 days this time of year.
Our website is http://www.surefirevacations.com. We also buy WorldMarks. Contact us through our website for an offer.

For further information, please contact Charlotte via PM or call/text 801-657-6608.
***********************************************************************************

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 9:09 am   

10 cents a point is too low! I would suggest at least 30 cents per permanent credit, and .07 for the available one time Use credits in top. Offer to keep the. F's up to date until sale completed and the buyer to pay the transfer fee of $299.

Finanacial arrangements that suit most people are Paypal or a money order.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 9:59 am   

I was estimating what Surefire or other resale brokers would offer. They need to make a profit and buying at 10 to sell at 30 seems about what I would suspect (the example I used was less than 30 - but it was stripped until November). They may go to 20 cents if they can get around the $299 Xfer cost while waiting for the sale. I recall my first buy for 6K was ~3000 from one of the WMO recommended brokers and when I asked if I was to have them sell it for me I was told "sure - but the commission will be 1000" - so I would get 2K if it resold for what I paid for it.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 10:00 am   

I have paid between 10 cents and 22 cents per point based upon the yearly annual points for fully loaded accounts. Sometimes I pay the transfer costs and sometimes the seller pays the Transfer costs. It all depends on how badly the seller wants to get rid of the account.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 10:02 am   

tquayle wrote:
I was estimating what Surefire or other resale brokers would offer. They need to make a profit and buying at 10 to sell at 30 seems about what I would suspect (the example I used was less than 30 - but it was stripped until November). They may go to 20 cents if they can get around the $299 Xfer cost while waiting for the sale. I recall my first buy for 6K was ~3000 from one of the WMO recommended brokers and when I asked if I was to have them sell it for me I was told "sure - but the commission will be 1000" - so I would get 2K if it resold for what I paid for it.

Some of the Brokers buy accounts, strip out all the Points they can, sell the one time use Points and then want top dollar for a stripped Account.

II - Newport Coast.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 10:43 am   

geist1223 wrote:
I have paid between 10 cents and 22 cents per point based upon the yearly annual points for fully loaded accounts. Sometimes I pay the transfer costs and sometimes the seller pays the Transfer costs. It all depends on how badly the seller wants to get rid of the account.

Agreed, but our OP needs to know a fair market value to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 11:11 am   

Keep in mind that 10k is a very well sized account maint fee wise.

I would use a range of 25 to 35 cents per credit, plus 5 to 6 cents per available credit for a personal sale.

The brokers on this site also are not as bad as is made out above, we had a very positive transaction selling one account.

Harry

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 4:44 pm   

If I sounded like I was criticizing the brokers - I apologize. I didn't mean that at all. I appreciate that they help to keep a resale market available.

tom

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 5:43 pm   

tquayle wrote:

Yes.. their costs are about $1000.. but one has the escrow included in that sale/purchase and their knowledge re the paperwork. I am hearing that there are many mistakes being made by transfers right ... wrong names, etc., on paperwork ....

I don't think your comments about brokers would be considered rude! :D You are a star on here and so willing to share your info. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017 7:53 pm   

tquayle wrote:

Surefire also give part of their earnings to charity.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan 2017 6:17 am   

Thanks for all of the conversation on the value of points and such guys.
I am not opposed to using a resell vender but I know that just like trading in a car they will take their profit margin into account in their offer.
I also figure that they bring a certain ease of transfer because they are familure with the process.
I would prefer to sell to an individual rather than a re seller, but I am not familure with the process.

Can I call owner relations to get the information for transferring the membership?

I know that when buying and selling homes an Escrow account is used to protect both parties throughout the purchasing process. Is there a similar set up for time shares. It seems that because your not exchanging physical property that the process could be much easier.

I know that the answers to these questions are probably buried in here, and I will continue to spend some time in the "Library" to figure it our but any inputs are appreciated.

Dan