Register
It is currently Wed 18 Oct 2017 2:59 pm

2017: Proxy Assignment & Ballot Recommendation

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 10:54 am   

The proxy assignment process is basically unchanged from last year. Remember, you must either assign a proxy holder OR attend the annual meeting in order to participate in the election.

WM Owners, Inc. recommends the following:

Here is a completed recommended proxy:

Here are the detailed instructions and voting recommendation:

Step 1: DO NOT assign your proxy to WorldMark’s Board of Directors.

Assign your three-year proxy to WM Owners, Inc.

- The phone number is optional. Leave it blank. WM Owners, Inc. does not have a telephone number. The telephone number is requested so that the election tabulator can contact the proxy holder to ensure that the proxy holder is aware that they have proxy assignments and must be present at the annual meeting to cast the ballot for those proxies. The election tabulator knows how to contact us.

- The email address is optional and may be left blank. It is requested for the same reason as the phone number. You may enter wmproxies@gmail.com , but it is not required.

WM Owners, Inc. is a well-known proxy holder and respected not-for-profit corporation consisting of WorldMark owners dedicated to promoting the interests of WorldMark owners.

Even if you recently assigned your proxy to WorldMark’s Board of Directors, you can reassign your proxy again at any time.

Step 2: Do not submit the “ballot” form.

If you assign your proxy online, ignore warnings implying that you have not voted or completed the ballot form. The ballot form is not required.

By not submitting the ballot you are:
- authorizing WM Owners, Inc. to vote on your behalf at the Annual Meeting in October 2016 in the manner determined by WM Owners, Inc. to be in the best interest of our Club.

- allowing WM Owners, Inc. to cast both votes, as a block, for a single candidate.

Submitting the ballot form is optional. If you submit the ballot form you are “directing” your proxy holder how to cast your votes. The problem with marking and submitting the ballot is that many owners do not understand that they can vote both votes for a single candidate.

Many owners who submit the ballot cast their two votes for two different candidates thereby splitting their votes. By doing so you are diluting your vote and increasing the likelihood that neither candidate will win. Owners who divide their votes are ensuring that the winning candidates will once again be those who receive votes from Wyndham as the developer, and votes from Wyndham by virtue of proxies assigned to Wyndham's majority controlled WorldMark Board of Directors.

Do not shoot yourself in the foot. Cast both votes for a single candidate.

If you feel more comfortable by marking and submitting your own ballot, we recommend that you MARK BOTH BOXES FOR MYLE HAMMOND.

Step 3: Forward a copy of your proxy assignment to wmproxies@gmail.com so that WM Owners, Inc. has a record of your assignment.

WorldMark’s election tabulator does not provide ANY owner contact information to proxy holders. Therefore, if you assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. we have no way of knowing unless you tell us (by email message) that you have assigned your proxy to us.

By knowing that you have assigned your proxy to us, we can validate the list of proxy assignments provided to us by the election tabulator following the election. There have been errors in the tabulator’s information in past years. To the extent possible (we are talking about thousands of proxies), we perform a comparison of known proxy assignments with the list provided by the tabulator. This list is provided to us approximately one week AFTER the election.

Our volunteers attempt to acknowledge each proxy assignment that we receive with a brief thank-you note (email).

Together we can make a difference.

Thank you for your continued support,

WM Owners, Inc.
Board of Directors

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 1:25 pm   

I cant remember if I assigned my proxy last year or earlier. Is there any record? Or should I just assign it to wmowners again?
Thanks
Anita

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 8:21 pm   

anitak wrote:
I cant remember if I assigned my proxy last year or earlier. Is there any record? Or should I just assign it to wmowners again?
Thanks
Anita

WM Owners, Inc. has a record of all proxies assigned to us. We can look up your assignment and provide specifics if you provide the exact owner name on the account or the account number via PM. However, your proxy assignment information is already provided to you on your "2017 OFFICIAL BALLOT" in the lower right hand corner of the form.

If in doubt, just fill out a new proxy form and submit it.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 4:10 am   

Thanks.

Anitak

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 7:05 pm   

Perhaps I am not seeing the information, but is there not a way to assign our vote paperless? I don't recall filling out the form in the past, I thought it was done online.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 8:20 pm   

jmdickie wrote:
Perhaps I am not seeing the information, but is there not a way to assign our vote paperless? I don't recall filling out the form in the past, I thought it was done online.

Yes. Log onto your account at: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/

Click on "Vote Now" at the top of the page.

You can submit or change your proxy assignment at any time.

As has been discussed, the "2017 Official Ballot Form" is not required. However, if you choose to submit the ballot (online or by mail), it cannot be changed once submitted.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 7:25 am   

TahoeGary wrote:

However, if you choose to submit the ballot (online or by mail), it cannot be changed once submitted.

at first reading I thought these statements contradictory....of course once I read a second time it clicked.....however, can't you change if you attend the Annual Meeting?

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 7:57 am   

badpenny wrote:
TahoeGary wrote:

However, if you choose to submit the ballot (online or by mail), it cannot be changed once submitted.

at first reading I thought these statements contradictory....of course once I read a second time it clicked.....however, can't you change if you attend the Annual Meeting?

Yes. You can attend the annual meeting, request a new ballot form from the election tabulator, and drop it into the ballot box during the annual meeting.

It is beyond me why WorldMark has decided that you cannot change your ballot online, although you can change your ballot if you attend the annual meeting.

Keep in mind that no voting takes place any where, at any time, except at the annual meeting. So the ballot form you may submit online is not really a "vote". The ballot form constitutes instructions to your proxy holder as to how to cast your votes AT THE ANNUAL MEETING. (If you vote in person at the annual meeting you are overriding any previous proxy assignment for that particular meeting.)

So why not allow owners to change their mind and submit another ballot form online if they choose to do so? :shrug: I think owners should be allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 9:11 am   

Have you tested it to ensure that it does not work that way already?

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 1:45 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Have you tested it to ensure that it does not work that way already?

Not yet. That's the way it worked last year.

And it's pretty clear in the 2017 Voter Booklet that "...once you mark your votes on the Ballot and mail it to the Tabulator, or submit your Ballot online, YOUR VOTE IS FINAL. You may not change your vote unless you appear in person at the Annual Meeting." (page 22).

As we all know, there are 7 weeks remaining before any voting occurs. During that seven weeks, lots of owners might want to change their mind after becoming more informed between now and October 17.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 6:50 pm   

Gary - I absolutely agree that is the way it would work for the mailed in ballot. The tabulator should not have to look at ballot post mark dates to see which one is the correct one.

My comment was more on the on-line voting- which is really just a directed proxy.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 7:25 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
...My comment was more on the on-line voting- which is really just a directed proxy.

Yes, online (and mail-in) "voting" only constitutes instructions to the proxy holder, not a vote.

All voting occurs seven weeks from today on October 17,2017...not before...not after.

Meanwhile, why does WorldMark NOT allow owners to change their instructions to their proxy holder, should they choose to do so?

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 10:52 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
It is beyond me why WorldMark has decided that you cannot change your ballot online, although you can change your ballot if you attend the annual meeting.

Regardless, it is clearly highlighted on page 22 in the Voter Booklet in CAPS (and probably online):

"IMPORTANT: Please note that once you mark your votes on the Ballot and mail it to the Tabulator, or submit your Ballot online, YOUR VOTE IS FINAL. You may not change your vote unless you appear in person at the Annual Meeting."

It is not as if voters are ill informed. If they are undecided, they should wait until they are decided (duh) before casting their ballots.

My state allows mail-in voting. The votes are not counted until Election Day, but I know when I drop that ballot in the mailbox, there is no chance to change it. Unlike WorldMark, I can't show up at the County Election Office on Election Day and change my vote.

I think most people can understand this, and vote accordingly.

PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep 2017 11:52 am   

Thank you for this information. I checked my official ballot, and my proxy for WM Owners Inc. is good until 07/13/2020, so my voting will be done by proxy. Thank you for your diligence in getting information out for us. We are now Platinum Elite owners and still have much to learn.

[size=85]Rancho Vistoso,Oceanside, Arrow Point, Running Y, Depot Bay, Leavenworth, Seattle - The Camlin, Chelan - Lake House, Windsor, Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, New Braunfels, Blaine, Canmore - Banff, Gleneden, and soon Wyndham Old Town Alexandria through Club Pass

PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep 2017 2:05 pm   

Thank you for the detailed information. I found it on my ballot and it says my proxy is good till next November. Do you need to know each year that we'd already assigned WMowners proxy? It doesn't say who we'd assigned it to, that'd be nice to verify.
Thanks,
Andra