Register
It is currently Mon 29 May 2017 9:57 pm

2016 Restated Bylaws Part 9: GOOD STANDING DEFINED

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 9:59 am   

Refer to the Executive Summary at the back end of the proposed bylaw mailer.

This is the section that defines what good membership standing means. Definition and clarity seem reasonable.

RECOMMENDATION: Approve.

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Sat 10 Sep 2016 4:14 pm   

I believe one word is incorrect in this definition which totally changes the meaning. Broadly speaking section 3.17 says that a member is in good standing if either (a) or (b) is true. I think what was intended is that for a member to be in good standing BOTH (a) and (b) must be true. In that case the connecting word should be "and", not "or". As it is written, a member could be delinquent on many payments, but as long as the Election Committee had not found them to be in violation then they would still be in good standing. I don't think that is what was intended, so that one word should be changed.

Terry
member since 1990

WorldMark and affiliated resorts visited: 54 different locations
Upcoming reservations for 3 more new locations

PostPosted: Sat 10 Sep 2016 8:23 pm   

Good catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Sat 10 Sep 2016 8:36 pm   

Disregard - I was thinking about a different item.

BTW - where can one find a copy of the Membership Agreement?

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Sat 10 Sep 2016 10:05 pm   

Is it available from any new purchase? If so I believe I have one from a resale purchase I did - they make you sign something and I think that's what it was called.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: (None currently-hoping to go to Victoria next)
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon Tower, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2016 9:24 am   

I have something called
Addendum to Vacation Owner Agreement.

In the first paragraph it references the Vacation Owner Agreement from when the original account was sold because the date isn't when I bought it.

Would that be helpful?

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno.
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon Tower, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2016 12:33 pm   

Thanks, I have a copy of that from my purchase.

I cannot locate any document called a Membership Agreement, or anywhere that defines what that document would be.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2016 12:52 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Thanks, I have a copy of that from my purchase.

I cannot locate any document called a Membership Agreement, or anywhere that defines what that document would be.

My original "Retail Installment contract" with the developer is also subtitled "Vacation Owner Agreement". That is the closest thing I have to a "Membership Agreement".

I suspect they may be one and the same, but I think we have all learned that the devil is in the details. Certainly it is a term that should be corrected or defined.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2016 2:08 pm   

So, when a friend has a $5 late fee for no good reason - been on autopay continually, and the balance they say is behind about $11 for some weird reason, is there any concern that with no explanation, no bill, no letter, voting rights can be extinguished for such a balance?

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2016 7:37 pm   

crystalpokorny wrote:
So, when a friend has a $5 late fee for no good reason - been on autopay continually, and the balance they say is behind about $11 for some weird reason, is there any concern that with no explanation, no bill, no letter, voting rights can be extinguished for such a balance?

This is not at all a far-fetched situation. When Costco switched cards, as soon as I had the new Coscto Visa card, I went on the web site -- a couple of weeks in advance of my next dues charge --and changed my card on file. The web site even gave me a success message to tell me that I had successfully changed the card. Then when the first dues payment was charged by Wyndham on my account after the change was supposedly successfully made, they charge the old Costco Amex card, which of course rejected the transaction. So -- despite the success message from the web site when I made the change -- the change did not actually happen somehow, and despite the problem being with the website (an apparently non-repeatable fluke event that no one else apparently reported), I had to deal with this in crisis mode as my standing was suddenly bad -- and I had to pay the additional charge (something like $5.95) for making the payment by phone that should have happened automatically.

So for a time -- due to this fluke of the WorldMark web site -- I was not in good standing for a week or so. That should not be grounds for disenfranchising me.