Register
It is currently Mon 16 Oct 2017 2:28 pm

I assigned my 2016 Proxy to WMOwners Inc

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 11:42 am   

I just renewed my proxy to WMOWNERS INC., will forward the confirmation when it arrives. Best wishes for the group to grow into a formidable voting bloc. My ballot did not show a prior proxy on file, which surprised me.

I admit I don't use this forum much, and that is not a good thing, as my ownership use has become rather routine. It was pleasing to find the gofundme link and social media traction for WMOWNERS, and I do plan to participate.

I don't know if WMOWNERS has the email addresses of members to send out a reminder for those like me who are infrequent?

Prior use: Windsor, Angel's Camp, San Francisco, Marina Dunes, all multiple (many) visits, Orlando, and I.I. exchanges, Royal Sands Cancun 2x year since 2004. Shared membeship 2003, added ownership credits in 2009.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 3:31 pm   

Bobinmodesto wrote:
I just renewed my proxy to WMOWNERS INC., will forward the confirmation when it arrives. Best wishes for the group to grow into a formidable voting bloc. My ballot did not show a prior proxy on file, which surprised me.

I admit I don't use this forum much, and that is not a good thing, as my ownership use has become rather routine. It was pleasing to find the gofundme link and social media traction for WMOWNERS, and I do plan to participate.

I don't know if WMOWNERS has the email addresses of members to send out a reminder for those like me who are infrequent?

Bob,
Thank you for assigning your proxy to WM Owners, Inc.

WorldMark does not provide WM Owners, Inc., or any other proxy holder, contact information regarding owners who have assigned their proxy. The only way we can verify that your proxy was properly assigned to us by Computershare (WorldMark's contracted election tabulator) is if you send a copy of your proxy assignment confirmation to http://wmproxies@gmail.com. With that information, we can compare the proxy assignment database we receive from Computershare with the information you provided.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 4:17 pm   

Thanks Gary, what I meant to say is that I was surprised it had been 3 years since I had logged into the WMOWNERS forum, shame on me! (as I was very surprised my ballot did not have an existing assignment to WMO showing). And yes, the confirmation from Computershare did arrive promptly after I forwarded the voting confirmation.

I wondered if the group ever emailed their registered users who like me had gone into hibernation. :oops:

Prior use: Windsor, Angel's Camp, San Francisco, Marina Dunes, all multiple (many) visits, Orlando, and I.I. exchanges, Royal Sands Cancun 2x year since 2004. Shared membeship 2003, added ownership credits in 2009.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 4:54 pm   

Bobinmodesto wrote:
...I wondered if the group ever emailed their registered users who like me had gone into hibernation. :oops:

Wish we could, but we do not have contact information for many of the thousands of owners who assign their proxy to WM Owners, Inc. WorldMark has, and will continue to, attempt to maintain tight control of communication among owners...as is described in their "Communication Policy". WorldMark will not provide you, me, or other owners with contact information....unless challenged through the judicial system.

If we had enough volunteers, it is possible to organize an email database, remind owners regarding their proxy assignment, & otherwise encourage owners to participate in our annual election.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 5:12 pm   

Gary - I understand the manpower limitation. But it does seem like low-hanging fruit that could be built-out incrementally as manpower came available.

1. Use the existing WMO membership data as starting point.
2. Write a utility that extracts the email addresses from the received proxy emails in gmail.

Then send out a blast email prior to the election cycle. Even if not all the email addresses were in the database, it still would be an improvement.

Happy to help with this project.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016 6:49 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Gary - I understand the manpower limitation. But it does seem like low-hanging fruit that could be built-out incrementally as manpower came available.

1. Use the existing WMO membership data as starting point.
2. Write a utility that extracts the email addresses from the received proxy emails in gmail.

Then send out a blast email prior to the election cycle. Even if not all the email addresses were in the database, it still would be an improvement.

Happy to help with this project.

Eric,

A subject we could discuss. Will you be at the annual meeting on October 20, 2016?

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep 2016 6:26 pm   

Done...and done. Thanks WMowners!

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016 10:50 am   

I've assigned my 2 accounts to Proxy to WMO.

Owners since 10/05. WM Resorts visited; Angels Camp (32x), Sea Gardens (15x), Santa Barbara (6x), Kingstown Reef (5x), Marina Dunes (4x), Kihei (4x), Clear Lake (4x), Oceanside (3x), Palm-Aire (3x), Reno (3x), Balboa Park (2x), Windsor (2x), Big Bear (2x), Indio (2x), Running Y (2x), Dolphins Cove (2x), Bison Ranch, Boulevard, Branson, Eagle Crest, Kapaa Shore, Kona, Rancho Vista, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Solvang, and Tropicana Ave.
II Exchange - Banyan Resort, Parkway Int'l Resort, Matecumbe Resort, Kahana Sands, Jamaica on the Gulf

PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 3:48 pm   

Assigned my 2016 proxy to you today & emailed you my proxy confirmation.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 4:12 pm   

Thanks to everyone for assigning your proxies to WMOWNERS INC.
I hope everyone forwards a copy to wmproxies@gmail.com
Thanks so very much,
Jim Bany

Please assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. Do NOT assign your proxy to WorldMark's BOD.

PostPosted: Wed 21 Sep 2016 12:52 am   

Done for both of our accounts and email confirmations forwarded.

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep 2016 10:17 am   

My Proxy to WMOWNERS INC is in

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep 2016 10:48 am   

There are now 700 Owners who have given their
proxies to WMOWNERS INC. Keep them coming!!!!
Thanks to all,
Jim Bany

Please assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. Do NOT assign your proxy to WorldMark's BOD.

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2016 1:41 pm   

We just assigned our proxy to WM OWNERS, INC. for another 3 years, and forwarded the confirmation email to your gmail.

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2016 3:49 pm   

jimbany wrote:
There are now 700 Owners who have given their
proxies to WMOWNERS INC. Keep them coming!!!!
Thanks to all,
Jim Bany

Jim,
Bear in mind that those 700 proxy assignments are only those that you see; i.e. those owners who have recently taken the time & effort to send their confirmation to http://wmowners@gmail.com for the 2016 annual election [For those not aware, Jim Bany is one of our WM Owners, Inc. dedicated volunteers who assists with our proxies during each annual election.]

Historically, many owners do not inform WM Owners, Inc. of their proxy assignment. It is only a week or so prior to the annual election that WM Owners, Inc. (or any other proxy holder) is furnished with a preliminary list of proxy assignments by Computershare. Our final list of proxy assignments is not provided by Computershare until about 3-4 weeks following the annual election.

Remember, many owners only assign their proxy once every three years. We only hear from them once in three years.

A goal of WM Owners, Inc. is to increase our number of owner assigned proxies from many thousands to 100,000 or more.

To make that happen, we need more owner involvement. We also need increased owner understanding of our Club's operations and how Wyndham proposes to direct/redirect our Club...as long as Wyndham maintains control of our Board of Directors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next