Register
It is currently Tue 02 Jun 2020 5:47 am

2019 election results are out. Whom did we vote for

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019 11:59 am   

benh7777 wrote:
I am aware of and appreciate the volunteers.
I believe and trust the volunteers that took the time to attend the meeting, research and interview the candidates would make the best decision, that's why I assigned my votes here.
However, for months several owners have asked who their votes are going to without any reply. I think it's a legitimate "bitch" to wonder what the heck is going on with my vote. It can't be that difficult to post an update or two of what the plans were with the votes.

We also greatly appreciate all the work of the volunteers. We greatly appreciate those who took time out of their life and expended time and money to attend the Annual Meeting.

But like Benh7777 we were wondering why it took so long to say mwmowners cast "X" votes for "Y."

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019 5:07 pm   

As one of those "volunteers", I apologize for the lack of communication. We have had issues over the years communicating to other owners about the election as what we post here is public. Anyone who reads here understands the complete lack of ethics of WYN and their cronies on the WM BoD. They have and will again use any info on our proxy votes to minimize the impact of those votes. :cry:
Every election cycle we have this issue. You all want to know, understandably, yet if WYN knows who we are voting for they can plan ahead. It sounds lame, I know, but it is the reality.
I want to thank Crystal and Matt for flying to Las Vegas on their own dime, attend several meetings while answering a bunch of emails, etc. Heck, I didn't even take time off work and drive the 15 minutes to attend the meeting. :roll:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019 8:45 pm   

I think Benh7777 and I were talking about the delay after the vote was cast not before.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec 2019 10:27 am   

I agree. I totally understand the need for discretion “before”, it’s the “after” that I had issues with. I think that all any of us wanted was some clarity.

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec 2019 1:56 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
I think Benh7777 and I were talking about the delay after the vote was cast not before.

I spent considerable time on this election information, contacting both of the serious candidates over the phone prior, coming up with questions to ask them with the help of a few others, and then going to the meeting, as some said, on my own dime. We also spent time on our own meetings after the main meeting, several times in fact.

It is still important that we cast all our votes together. Dennis explained the why we don't usually pre-announce it.

As far as after, I'm already on record for apologizing for the delay between 12/10 and 12/14 when I posted, due to illness.

If you want something *more* than that apology I already gave, I'm not sure what to say to that.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec 2019 4:00 pm   

God bless those of you who continue to fight this battle. Unfortunately, it seems to be a hopeless cause. Looking back at the past results, it looks like the WMO-backed candidate's support peaked at around 120K votes in 2013 and it's gone downhill since. I think a couple of close elections woke Wyndham up and they aggressively solicited proxies. In 2017, the WMO-backed candidate got only 55K votes.

Thanks to those of you who do commit your personal time and resources to this. I personally wouldn't do it or put up with the negativity thrown your way. Judging from the decrease in proxy power, it seems like many have thrown in the towel.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec 2019 9:09 am   

Thanks for the answer volunteers. I am sorry it seems I poked a beehive.I didn't know it was this bad. To the people who get mad they didn't get the information they WANTED right away, man you need to chill. I was satisfied with their answer, it makes sense why they did what they did. Like I said, I haven't been paying attention and I am out of the loop. I guess their emails about winning a vacation when you give them your votes worked. So now what? What can we do?

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec 2019 3:21 pm   

There isn't much you can say on this forum without it seeming like you're poking a beehive...…..

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec 2019 9:48 pm   

I to appreciate the effort that all the volunteers put into the effort.

And while I have tried to stay quiet on the recent activity on this thread, I just dont understand the strategy. Because I dont know how you sneak up on the ballot box. The person with the most votes wins.

I dont think anyone is looking for apologies. Just understanding.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec 2019 10:45 pm   

If transparency was a 2 way street... =P~

Sorry, got lost in fantasy land for a second. As a completely volunteer organization, none of us communicate on a daily basis like you would a co-worker. At times we might for a few days but that is rare. I can comfortably say that most of us are ready to give up this responsibility and only do so out of a sense that if we do there is nobody else to do it.
I have even had a talk with the "Queen" about selling our credits due to the loss of flexibility of WM. So needless to say my heart isn't passionately into keeping up the good fight. So basically, this thread is an exercise in flogging a tired horse. :drunk:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Sun 22 Dec 2019 10:03 am   

This was the first year I have not attended the annual meeting in about 15 years. Why? Like Dennis I am somewhat burned out. It is like flogging a dead horse. Only 27,000 owners out of 120,000± owners bothered to participate in the election. We will never elect a candidate with that kind of turn out. For years WM Owners, Inc. has attempted to persuade owners to assign their proxy so that we could vote as a block for a single candidate. Our success has been minimal.

The most valiant attempt to get owners to assign their proxy, was made for a few years by Mr. Robin Miller. Some of you long-time owners may remember that Mr. Miller successfully (at his own expense) won a lawsuit against Wyndham to obtain the email address list of all WorldMark owners. Mr. Miller send out emails to all owners pleading for their participation (several election related emails over the course of two or three years of election cycles).

Well guess what happened. Each year, only about half of the emails were even opened, another significant percentage responded back to Mr. Miller claiming he was a scam or fake or demanding to know how he obtained their email address (there had been a significant amount of publicity about Mr. Miller's lawsuit). The experience I think was rather demoralizing to him (based on my conversations with Mr. Miller).

WMOwners, Inc. has never successfully elected a Board candidate. That doesn't mean we stop trying, but perhaps you can see how frustrating it is with such low voter turnout. Until that changes, the developer will out-vote us every time.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec 2019 11:30 pm   

DenMar wrote:

Sorry, got lost in fantasy land for a second.

The WorldMark BOD is transparent about their proxy votes. 80% went to Cecilia Cuevas and 20% went to Jon Gentile in the last election.

I have never seen this level of transparency from WMO in any election. Has WMO ever posted their proxy votes or percentages? Ummm, No.

Yeah, hardly a two-way transparency street.

Not that it matters.

"We cast 100% of our proxies for [a losing candidate] again [in 2019]" for the more than the 10th time is transparent, but not likely to gain more votes in future elections.

PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec 2019 2:42 pm   

1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
DenMar wrote:

The WorldMark BOD is transparent about their proxy votes. 80% went to Cecilia Cuevas and 20% went to Jon Gentile in the last election.

I have never seen this level of transparency from WMO in any election. Has WMO ever posted their proxy votes or percentages? Ummm, No.

Not that it matters.

"We cast 100% of our proxies for [a losing candidate] again [in 2019]" for the more than the 10th time is transparent, but not likely to gain more votes in future elections.

I must have missed them announcing this voting percentage 2 weeks before the election? :-k

Oh wait, you mean their paid staff announced this right after the election. =P~

And why in the world would we waste so much of our own time and money collecting proxies to vote for a WYN candidate? You do read what you write before you post, correct?

PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec 2019 10:30 pm   

DenMar wrote:
1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
DenMar wrote:

Not that it matters.

I must have missed them announcing this voting percentage 2 weeks before the election? :-k

Oh wait, you mean their paid staff announced this right after the election. =P~

And why in the world would we waste so much of our own time and money collecting proxies to vote for a WYN candidate? You do read what you write before you post, correct?

WMO has voted for two Wyndham endorsed candidates...

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jan 2020 8:21 pm   

DenMar wrote:

In 2017, all the candidates running for the At-Large seat were independent. The ultimate winner of that seat tried to open a dialogue with this group more than a month before the election, and was completely ignored. Really, an independent candidate is completely ignored by an organization supposedly striving for an independent board?

Myle Hammond obviously had no chance of winning against Cecilia Cuevas in 2017. Instead of engaging one of the independent candidates who posted to the WMO forum and possibly voting for her, WMO blindly voted for the "anti-Wyndham" and certain-to-lose candidate. "Why in the world would we (WMO) waste so much of our own time and money collecting proxies to vote for a ... candidate (with no chance of winning)?"

That is when I fully realized WMO leadership is not interested in electing independent candidates. The goal is to elect "anti-Wyndham" candidates. And in a rare election such as 2019 when there is no obvious "anti-Wyndham" candidate, the response to, "Who will WMO vote for?" is two months of :shrug: :shrug:

And in the end, WMO and the BOD voted for Jon Gentile. Does this mean Jon Gentile is a "Wyndham" candidate, and WMO will never vote for him again?