Register
It is currently Fri 24 Nov 2017 2:54 pm

What about the East COAST

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun 2017 5:16 pm   

[/quote]None on Southern Oregon Coast or Northern California Coast.[/quote]
I'd love it if there were one nearby Redwood National Park.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun 2017 6:03 pm   

rchristy wrote:
Tom Or Pattie, I have one drive to resort that is less than 10 hours away---Daytona Beach--almost 5 hours away and we have 28 total unites available , and try to get one in the summer. When we bought into the program, there were 9 Wyndam resorts we could use East of the Mississippi (with limited availability--2/ 2bedroom unites a night) We could see and book them on line(same as Worldmark unites) They changed that to the club pass and now that cost an additional $100. We have been members since 2002 and have made about 10 trips out west and have stayed in nearly 30 Worldmarks, and have loved almost every one of them---I love my Worldmark timeshare, I just wish there were more near me. I think that most of you that live in the West, that would visit the SOUTH East coast, you would fall in love with it.

I do miss the opportunity to book some of those WYN units back in the day. I never did make it to Destin when it was available. :(

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun 2017 8:11 am   

We were able to get Destin once, the only problem with that resort was, you didn't always get the best unit available. We went in the off season and there were very, very few cars in he parking lot and we got put in a unite way in the back. We were able to get nice unites in Nashville and the Smoky Mountains. I liked that program a lot better than Club Pass.

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul 2017 6:02 pm   

rchristy wrote:
Tom, I'm sorry you feel that way--something unpleasant must have happened to you ....

It's called humidity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul 2017 6:54 pm   

Mosquitos, no see'm bugs, lizards (gators and crocs) big enough to eat your pets, etc, etc.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul 2017 4:09 am   

I would not be surprised to see WYN take some of the ovation inventory and move to worldmark. This would create the impression of more resorts, and Allow them to shift some units that don't rent well due to over capacity of units in some areas.

i.e. Cypress Palms, Star Island etc. These resorts are nice, but MF's are higher than average or CWA. There is availability in RCI last calls most of the time for around $300 even for 2 BDR's. Using club pass for theses are stupid if you have that option last minute exchanges or last calls will be about half the cost.