Register
It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:46 am

WorldmarkSP membership changes made by Wyndham as at 1/1/19

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2018 4:23 am   

Hi All,
are you aware that some members of our Club (WorldmarkSP Club) received an email advising them that from 1/1/19 memberships with different anniversary dates will not be combined? I have not received it and I would like to know why and also few others which I know of and it maybe be more of us, were excluded from this very important communication? I am not sure if this change is even legal and so I am trying to find as many people who are in the same situation as me. I can't use Facebook page because I was muted by Admin (which are Wyndham employees) and they also muted few others owners for asking this question publicly. My suspicion is that Wyndham does not want people to know about it. They are censoring every post and if you asked your comment is deleted.
Let me know please.
Thanks. Jana

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2018 12:09 pm   

With all their technology Wyndham can't figure how to pro rate credits but

will pro rate guest certificates

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2018 12:26 pm   

janadurovcova wrote:
Hi All,
are you aware that some members of our Club (WorldmarkSP Club) received an email advising them that from 1/1/19 memberships with different anniversary dates will not be combined? I have not received it and I would like to know why and also few others which I know of and it maybe be more of us, were excluded from this very important communication? I am not sure if this change is even legal and so I am trying to find as many people who are in the same situation as me. I can't use Facebook page because I was muted by Admin (which are Wyndham employees) and they also muted few others owners for asking this question publicly. My suspicion is that Wyndham does not want people to know about it. They are censoring every post and if you asked your comment is deleted.
Let me know please.
Thanks. Jana

As mentioned on FB, these changes are necessary to ensure no double dipping takes place. When buying a resale account, try to get one with an anniversary date close to yours. Both accounts must have their annual allotment for their anniversary Year. To be quite honest, I think this is the right move by Wyndham. It ensures they are not giving away excess/extra credits.

They are censoring because they don't need any arguments. It can come as a shock to those who won't know this, but they will find out when they need to combine.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2018 2:31 pm   

Jana,
This forum is mostly WM North America so our answers may not apply to SP which is now a completely separate organization. My understanding is that the rules protecting owner's interests are not as strong with SP so Wyndham has a freer hand to gouge owners as much as they like. We have a few SP members so they may chime in, but here's my shot at an answer.
In the NA Worldmark, they are not eliminating the ability to combine, but have limited the timing. In the past, you could combine 2 accounts with different anniversary dates and get the credits for the early one, combine and then get the credits again on the later anniversary date resulting in more credits that were due. This would be an easy fix for anybody with competent IT workers, which unfortunately doesn't include Wyndham. So instead of pro-rating the credits correctly at combine, they have limited the timeframe to combine to eliminate this issue. It may be that someone at SP received a letter saying they couldn't combine until the later anniversary date, which would be a similar rule to what we have. OR SP club could be totally screwing over owners to eliminate combining completely. However, the latter doesn't make sense since they make money on combine fees. Call your Owner Care/Vacation Planning folks and ask. Please report back so we can provide accurate information to others.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.