Register
It is currently Wed 22 Feb 2017 11:33 pm

Question: When Will User Unfriendly Website Be Addressed?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct 2016 10:07 pm   

majew7 wrote:
DenMar wrote:
I own at another points based timeshare as well and the WM website is significantly easier and better in almost every way. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvements in a few areas. Particularly in the resort area and the number of units of the same size that are in the pull down menu. Good conversation. Like many here by the time we talk it thru we realize that WM is a superior t/s in many ways. :)

Hello DenMar,

Yes, you and bizaro86 seem to agree that while the worldmarktheclub.com site has its issues, it's actually better than other timeshare reservation systems. javanite has seen the same too.

I hope the site stays remains superior and not surpassed in a couple years.

There is definitely always room for improvement. I'd love to see the booking windows defined at the bottom of the screen, and having the room descriptions somewhere (even a scroll down) on the four month calendar would be great.

My point was more that Club Wyndham has been trying to roll out a new reservation system for like 5 years, and there are some reservations there that can't be done onlin at all!

I always worry that if they try to change too much they'll break what we already have somehow...

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct 2016 11:31 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
I wish they would do away with Adobe Flashplayer. Not only is it totally unnecessary but it has huge problems.

Totally agree with getting rid of Adobe Fash player and making it more mobile friendly. I also would like to see the expiration dates on credits and tokens in reservations.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2016 12:36 am   

majew7 wrote:
* Waitlists Improvement - Do you mean seeing the waitlist queue by rank to know where you are in the waitlist (3rd in line for example)?
* TimeZone Bug - I haven't experience that yet.

Regarding the Waitlist, I would actually just love to see my waitlist request (day, location, unit). Often times I don't feel that confident after hanging up with the OCR that my waitlist request was understood and logged correctly. And I've had more than one experience that showed me it clearly WASN'T when I've called back to verify or modify one. Being able to see a confirmation of exactly what I am waitlisted for would be GREAT. :) Adding what position you are, or maybe just the level, could certainly be an extension of that!

Regarding the Time Zone bug, it's a daily issue for me. I am not able to log on until 7:30 AM Pacific Time. Thankfully I don't ever plan 13 months out... :P

*As of Apr2016* 97 reservations, 32 properties, 369 total nights including:
Visited: (partial list in rough order of favorites) Kapa'a Shore, Las Vegas Blvd, The Camlin, Arrow Point, Sydney Suites, Orlando Reunion, SanFran, Rotorua, Reno, Leavenworth
Gifted: (partial list) Coral Baja, Denarau Island, Birch Bay, Depoe Bay, Royal Kuhio, Windsor, The Canadian

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2016 5:45 am   

allenke wrote:

Totally agree with getting rid of Adobe Fash player and making it more mobile friendly.
I also would like to see the expiration dates on credits and tokens in reservations.

Ken

Ditto.
I rarely have expired credits, but I have them right now, and it is a pain to know where they are....no, FIFO is not working as it should be on my reservations.

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2016 6:11 am   

shayla.scott wrote:
majew7 wrote:
* Waitlists Improvement - Do you mean seeing the waitlist queue by rank to know where you are in the waitlist (3rd in line for example)?
* TimeZone Bug - I haven't experience that yet.

Regarding the Waitlist, I would actually just love to see my waitlist request (day, location, unit). Often times I don't feel that confident after hanging up with the OCR that my waitlist request was understood and logged correctly. And I've had more than one experience that showed me it clearly WASN'T when I've called back to verify or modify one. Being able to see a confirmation of exactly what I am waitlisted for would be GREAT. :) Adding what position you are, or maybe just the level, could certainly be an extension of that!

Regarding the Time Zone bug, it's a daily issue for me. I am not able to log on until 7:30 AM Pacific Time. Thankfully I don't ever plan 13 months out... :P

I definitely agree with the waitlist one. I recently received a match for a 1 bedroom at a resort for May 7.

That wasn't helpful, since I had requested a studio for March 7th...

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2016 7:27 pm   

majew7 wrote:
1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
I much, MUCH prefer the website just the way it is, especially the 4-month calendar that shows availability at a glance.

Let's not mess with success.

Hello 1nceBurned2wiceShy,

Can you be more clear? In relation to my 8 lettered list points, can you share where you see the success?

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestions.

It is just the the unease that I, and others, feel when Wyndham messes with the System.

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2016 6:47 am   

Examples:

Currently, the WM FIFO program is not shuffling correctly. I have expired credits in reservations 3+ months away, and new credits in reservations for New Years week. Thankfully, I'll be using those expired credits very shortly.

The RCI ongoing search system has not allowed members to modify the searches online for over 2 months now. At first I thought it was a simple glitch that I naively thought would be fixed in the next system maintenance. Now, I'm wondering what could possibly be taking this long? Do they intend to keep it this way?

Several Wyndham members have reported they have been locked out of their accounts since late August while WYN determines what needs to be changed in its programs.

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct 2016 9:15 pm   

1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
majew7 wrote:
Hello 1nceBurned2wiceShy,

Can you be more clear? In relation to my 8 lettered list points, can you share where you see the success?

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestions.

It is just the the unease that I, and others, feel when Wyndham messes with the System.

Aah, I see. Yes, it's always possible to introduce a software bug when making an improvement to another feature. Certainly any changes would need to pass a quality assurance process. I'd like to see WM double down on quality of the website.

And what I'm hearing from others in this thread is that reservation pieces of worldmarktheclub.com suffer from more than just usability, there are some outstanding bugs that have existed for a while. :( Including: timezone/login bug(s), possible waitlist bugs, WM FIFO program and ability to modify searches.

For quality changes to occur, I think we need to communicate to WorldMark.

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct 2016 5:36 pm   

While the look of the website is dated and it seems a bit clunky, the most important feature of the site (online booking) is far and away better than the sleeker, snazzy Club Wyndham website.

The fact that you can see specific inventory, and even get an indication of remaining inventory, is extremely useful.

Are there improvements that can be made? Sure. But Wyndham has a poor track record of rolling out updates to the system(s). I will give them that when they get things working, they generally seem to have less hiccups than some of the high-dollar "luxury" systems seem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct 2016 7:04 pm   

The look is dated, but the functionality is good.

I would love to see flash go away on the resort map, and the ability to select world mark only on that screen.

Reservation system wise, I would like to be able to see my wait lists.

Beyond that, don't mess with it

Harry

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct 2016 7:43 pm   

FIFO is not working for past week or so. I should be in the to borrow only status when I cancelled 20,000 or so credits. Instead they show up as banked credits. Have all the HK tokens I would have if I didn't have a NHK account right now also. I went through all wait lists at annual meeting and one was for a week for 1 to 7 days when it should have been 7 but change it to 5 or more. Would have hated to have to book one night or get dropped off wait list for refusing offer

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct 2016 8:11 pm   

majew7 wrote:
And what I'm hearing from others in this thread is that reservation pieces of worldmarktheclub.com suffer from more than just usability, there are some outstanding bugs that have existed for a while. :( Including: timezone/login bug(s), possible waitlist bugs, WM FIFO program and ability to modify searches.

To be fair, two of those four issues you mention (waitlist misses and FIFO) have nothing to do with the website, but are separate back-end IT issues. A pretty website cannot fix those problems. What you are wanting essentially sounds like an extensive IT backbone overhaul.

So when you communicate to Wyndham, where do you want them to focus limited IT resources? Into the website interface/functionality? The website aesthetic? Or the IT foundations and policy?

The biggest owner request seems to be to add wait list visibility to the website which would seem to be a relatively easy fix. I don't think many people are wanting a full self-service waitlist functionality on the website, which would require a huge change in front end, back end, and policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct 2016 10:25 pm   

Based on the rate of change in the website, it is pretty clear to me that there are not dedicated programming resources in place. So the logical incremental changes to improve functionality are always in perpetual backlog.

Even if the website had 1 full-time development resource you would see incremental improvement. Adding a list of waitlist requests - ie. with no ability to add/edit/delete is what we call "low hanging fruit" in the development world.

Assuming they actually have automation for waitlists and they are not using excel spreadsheets to manage waitlists. Which would probably be more efficient.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.