Register
It is currently Sat 25 Jan 2020 7:09 pm

Credit Manager Feature request: Housekeeping tokens tracking

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2006 9:05 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Fri 23 Sep 2005 11:56 am
Posts: 472
Location: Oregon, near Portland
=D> Thanks so much for a great tool!

You asked about additional features that we might like. This is for those of us that don't have a "no-housekeeping" account. I would appreciate being able to track those housekeeping "tokens". I understand that you get 1 HK token per year for up to 20,000 credit/year, 2 per year for 20,000+/year (and increasing from there, but I don't know the numbers). Anyway, I've been told that these housekeeping tokens expire in two years like the credits do, but when you book borrowed credits, you don't get to borrow the housekeeping token that goes with them. Basically, I would like to be able to track that if I make a booking with a HK token, and later cancel it, that I get the HK token back. I would also want to track when that HK token expires, along with when new HK tokens are available.

Thanks again for providing this tool! \:D/


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 18 Aug 2006 2:46 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 17 Aug 2006 2:52 pm
Posts: 31
Location: San Diego
I also would like to see the housekeeping tokens tracked. I have been using an Excel spreadsheet so I know which token went with which reservation and what year it was from. As I have 20K units per year, I get 2 tokens and it is difficult to keep up with them otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2008 2:44 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Fri 28 Mar 2008 10:56 am
Posts: 551
Location: Pleasant Grove (Sacramento)
Any body have any hints or tips on how to track your HK Tokens?


Top
 Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2008 4:05 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 14 Apr 2005 7:10 pm
Posts: 16218
Location: Southern California
stang99_tls wrote:
Any body have any hints or tips on how to track your HK Tokens?

It's a bit of a pain, especially with FIFO, but I add tokens like credits. They have the same expiration dates. When I make a reservation, if it's 10,000 credits, I enter 10,001 and then pick the oldest token and apply it, then apply the credits. It certainly isn't automatic, and when you run FIFO, you need to create a reservation way in the future and "park" your HK tokens in that reservation. (You just make it in the Credit Manager, not a real reservation and you make it just for the number of tokens you don't want shuffled into your other reservations.)

OK, too complicated to explain, but maybe it's a start.

_________________
Lynn

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2008 4:37 pm   

Joined: Wed 16 Jan 2008 10:03 am
Posts: 332
Location: Sammamish, WA
Cheryl wrote:
=D> Thanks so much for a great tool!

You asked about additional features that we might like. This is for those of us that don't have a "no-housekeeping" account. I would appreciate being able to track those housekeeping "tokens". I understand that you get 1 HK token per year for up to 20,000 credit/year, 2 per year for 20,000+/year (and increasing from there, but I don't know the numbers). Anyway, I've been told that these housekeeping tokens expire in two years like the credits do, but when you book borrowed credits, you don't get to borrow the housekeeping token that goes with them. Basically, I would like to be able to track that if I make a booking with a HK token, and later cancel it, that I get the HK token back. I would also want to track when that HK token expires, along with when new HK tokens are available.

Thanks again for providing this tool! \:D/


Agree =D>

Few more minor features like to have:

1. Can we also have the feature that automatic calculate the "cancel by" date? Since we already put in the "Booked", the system should be fare easy to figure it out.

2. Can we also add a cost track for the rented credits?

3. Can we make the bottom line summary in BOLD and a little big larger font?

Thanks for the great tool!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr 2008 7:58 am   
User avatar

Joined: Fri 28 Mar 2008 10:56 am
Posts: 551
Location: Pleasant Grove (Sacramento)
lconnors wrote:

OK, too complicated to explain, but maybe it's a start.


Yeah, my brain is hurting trying to figure this out. When I get home and have access to the program I will try and play around with it to get it to work.

Thanks for the help.


Top
 Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr 2008 4:21 pm   

Joined: Wed 16 Jan 2008 10:03 am
Posts: 332
Location: Sammamish, WA
lconnors wrote:
It's a bit of a pain, especially with FIFO, but I add tokens like credits. They have the same expiration dates. When I make a reservation, if it's 10,000 credits, I enter 10,001 and then pick the oldest token and apply it, then apply the credits. It certainly isn't automatic, and when you run FIFO, you need to create a reservation way in the future and "park" your HK tokens in that reservation. (You just make it in the Credit Manager, not a real reservation and you make it just for the number of tokens you don't want shuffled into your other reservations.)

OK, too complicated to explain, but maybe it's a start.


If you have some rented credit without HK and you also rent some HKs from other sources. It gets really complicated.

Who owns the source code? Are we allowed to get a copy of it? Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 12 May 2008 3:47 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 21 Jul 2004 4:51 pm
Posts: 14797
Location: California
Lynn:

your method of tracking tokens (in the current Credit Manager software) was very helpful.

I varied your method slightly by creating two separate line items in the Reservations tab: one for the actual reservation, and one for the token.

When I receive a token on my Anniversary date, I enter a separate line item in the ADD CREDITS tab:

Source: 2007 Annual TOKEN (exp 11/30/09)
Credits: 1 This 1 credit represents the token.
Obtained: 11/01/2007
Expiration: 11/30/2009

When I make a reservation, I enter:
RESERVATIONS tab, ADD RESERVATION button, and enter the normal line item for the reservation.
Dolphin's Cove
Booked: 5/1/08
Cancel by: 6/21/08
Check in: 7/1/08
# of nights: 7
Credits: 10000
Press: Auto assign oldest credits

To USE UP THE TOKEN:
I add a separate line item for the TOKEN:
Dolphin's Cove TOKEN
Booked: 5/1/08
Cancel by: 6/21/08
Check in: 7/1/08
# of nights: 7
Credits: 1 (this is to use up the TOKEN)
In the Credit Sources area, place your cursor on the 2007 Annual TOKEN previously entered to highlight and select it.
Press: Assign


I find it easier to "auto assign" for the 10000 credits, and then manually assign the 1 credit which represents the token.

Each reservation which uses a TOKEN will have two line items; each reservation where the housekeeping fee was paid, would only have one line item.

_________________
WM Owner since 1999


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 21 Jun 2009 10:36 pm   

Joined: Tue 15 Apr 2008 8:19 am
Posts: 2
Hello! :D

I am wondering why house keeping tokens are not tracked, along with the annual credits?
Would it be possible to add tracking of house keeping tokens?
It would (I think), need to allow for borrowing, purchasing and I guess selling of tokens…Thanks Eric Duquette


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 22 Jun 2009 5:07 am   

Joined: Tue 08 Apr 2008 7:34 am
Posts: 12441
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
eldmduquette wrote:
Hello! :D

I am wondering why house keeping tokens are not tracked, along with the annual credits?
Would it be possible to add tracking of house keeping tokens?
It would (I think), need to allow for borrowing, purchasing and I guess selling of tokens…Thanks Eric Duquette


It doesn't appear that whoever created it has updated it for a couple years. Probably busy doing other things in life.

In case you didn't know, you can find the HK token info and expiry dates on the WMtC website. Look for "Please click here for detailed information on your vacation credits, housekeeping tokens and expiration dates." It's under the Credit and Housekeeping Balance section after you log in.

_________________
Owner since May 2008
Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 22 Jun 2009 5:47 am   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 21 Jul 2004 4:51 pm
Posts: 14797
Location: California
See work-around here:

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 007#172007

_________________
WM Owner since 1999


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010