Register
It is currently Thu 20 Feb 2020 4:24 am

What dev language is Credit Manager written in

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr 2009 10:47 am   

What dev language is Credit Manager it written in?

I am a C# developer that is serving out a non-compete, and in between timeshare vacations I might be able to help out with the dev. But I also know that multi-developer can be challenging.

I was thinking about a drag-and-drop feature that would read reservation info from the confirmation e-mail.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr 2009 11:54 am   

ecwinch wrote:
What dev language is Credit Manager it written in?

I am a C# developer that is serving out a non-compete, and in between timeshare vacations I might be able to help out with the dev. But I also know that multi-developer can be challenging.

I was thinking about a drag-and-drop feature that would read reservation info from the confirmation e-mail.

Eric,

This sounds interesting... but WYN changes the format of the confirmation email on a frequent and irregular basis. Would this cause maintenance issues?

I do not know the development language... possibly VB. I am pretty sure that the data is stored in an access database.

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr 2009 1:19 pm   

JimP wrote:
Eric,

This sounds interesting... but WYN changes the format of the confirmation email on a frequent and irregular basis. Would this cause maintenance issues?

I do not know the development language... possibly VB. I am pretty sure that the data is stored in an access database.

/Jim

There are developer tricks to work around it. What I am envisioning would expect the format to be modified from time to time and would address it. And if there was a major change that broke the whole thing, it could be easily updated.

No solution is going to be perfect, but as I always say - "perfect is the enemy of the good"

I see that it is Access, I can write directly to that - so I might play around with an Outlook add-in that would import the data directly into the database. That would also open the door to having an Outlook reminder created for the cancellation date.

I use an Excel spreadsheet to do some of what it does. For instance, I have a little task list in my spreadsheet, so that I am organized when I call WM. I thought that might be helpful.

And I see a request for housekeeping token tracking.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr 2009 3:37 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
There are developer tricks to work around it. What I am envisioning would expect the format to be modified from time to time and would address it. And if there was a major change that broke the whole thing, it could be easily updated.

No solution is going to be perfect, but as I always say - "perfect is the enemy of the good"

I see that it is Access, I can write directly to that - so I might play around with an Outlook add-in that would import the data directly into the database. That would also open the door to having an Outlook reminder created for the cancellation date.

I use an Excel spreadsheet to do some of what it does. For instance, I have a little task list in my spreadsheet, so that I am organized when I call WM. I thought that might be helpful.

And I see a request for housekeeping token tracking.

I love the new ideas. I do use the credit manager, mostly because of excellent job it does on FIFO. It is also a great backup for my spreadsheet.

I would love to add new functions to my already very sophisticated spreadsheet. I mostly use conditional formatting to provide me with lots of visual information about my reservations.

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec 2019 12:10 am   

Any chance anyone would like to create a MAC compatible app? THANKS!!!

PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec 2019 1:44 pm   

Eric:
This would be tremendous!
Yes, the HK tracking was never included.

I used the work-around of adding 1 credit with the correct expiration date for each HK, and labeling as "2019 annual HK"
when I create a reservation, I enter 10001 as the number of credits of a 10K reservation. Then I manually assign the 1 HK credit first, then assign the 10k from the oldest credits.

cheers,
Maria

PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec 2019 6:29 pm   

javanite wrote:
Eric:
This would be tremendous!
Yes, the HK tracking was never included.

I used the work-around of adding 1 credit with the correct expiration date for each HK, and labeling as "2019 annual HK"
when I create a reservation, I enter 10001 as the number of credits of a 10K reservation. Then I manually assign the 1 HK credit first, then assign the 10k from the oldest credits.

cheers,
Maria

This post was from 2009, Maria.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec 2019 7:17 pm   

Obviously, I hadn’t noticed the date, but maybe Eric has other ideas or someone else might be interested.
It could certainly use an update.