Register
It is currently Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:50 am

Transferring to new computer

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 7:45 am   

I cannot find a file with my account number as name of file.

I downloaded WMO CM to new computer and still need to get data transferred.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 8:21 am   

I just did this a week ago and followed the following instructions:

You will find a file with a name that matches the owner #, and the extension of .WMO in the Program Files\WM Owners folder on your computer (example: 12-345678.wmo). Simply copy this file to the other computer using a flash drive (location isn't important) and use the Account/Open menu item to navigate to the folder where you copied the file and open the account after installing the program on the other machine.

I hope that this helps.

Vancouver,Arrow Point,Long Beach,South Shore,Bass Lake,Clear Lake,Marina Dunes,Pismo Beach,Oceanside,Indio,St. George,Phoenix,Kihei,Kapaa,Valley Isle,Windsor,Las Vegas Boulevard,Daytona Beach,Orlando Kingstown Reef,Isla Mujeres
Marriott's:
Maui Napili Villas,Maui Ocean Club,Waiohai Beach Club,Ko Olina,Timber Lodge,Grand Chateau,Newport Coast Villas,Cypress Harbour,Aruba Surf Club,Desert Springs Villas l&ll,OceanWatch Villas@Grand Dunes
Other:
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos,Villa Del Palmar Cabo,Berkshire on the Ocean,The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach,Westin Ka'anapili,Westin Nanea,Hanalei Bay Resort,The Cliffs Club,The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach,Polo Tower Suites,Four Seasons Aviara,The Banyan Resort,Charter Club Naples Bay,The Royal Islander,The Royal Caribbean,Westin Lagunamar,Four Seasons Scottsdale,Hyatt Pinon Pointe

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 9:16 am   

I tried to find the program as your example suggests. It is not on my computer.

I guess I need to find another way, or I have to reinput 15 years of information.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:02 am   

First, you don't need to move the program, just the data file.

I would first suggest installing a new copy of the WM Owners Credit Manager on your new computer. Then go to your old computer and open the WM Owners Credit Manager. Once there, select "Open" as if you were going to open a file for another account. There you should see the path where your data is stored. The default is c:\program files\WM Owners. (See 1st attachment.)

If for some reason, that doesn't work, then search for the data file. It will be named whatever you named it and will usually be your owner number. You can see that number on the default screen of the Credit Manager. It will be after the account name and in parentheses. (See 2nd attachment.)

Once you find it, as earlier stated, copy the data file to a jump drive or CD or whatever you are using to transfer data to the new computer and put it in the location where the WM Owners Credit Manager is installed on your new computer.

Attachments:
CM01.JPG
CM01.JPG [ 44.84 KiB | Viewed 1416 times ]
CM02.JPG
CM02.JPG [ 92.42 KiB | Viewed 1403 times ]

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution
 PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:17 am   

This time I found the .wmo file when I tried to open and copied it. It said the fi9le was no longer there. I still have the data in the credit manager, but the file is no longer there.

I am normally pretty good at computer stuff, but this throws me.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:19 am   

jackbob836 wrote:
This time I found the .wmo file when I tried to open and copied it. It said the fi9le was no longer there. I still have the data in the credit manager, but the file is no longer there.

I am normally pretty good at computer stuff, but this throws me.
If the data is on the credit manager, you have a file. If you delete it, there's no data.

Take a look in the recycled bin for the file also.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:23 am   

I was wrong about the name of the file. If you had originally named it 12-12345 and then later changed the owner number to 00001212345, the name of the .wmo file would still be 12-12345.

Just do a search for all *.wmo files and look at the dates they were edited. That should help.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:23 am   

It is not in recycle bin. I tried a search, nothing.
I use OpenOffice so it won't export since I don't have Excel.
I do have data, but no files under .WMO at all.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 10:28 am   

THANK YOU! I did a search only on C: and after a minute it showed up.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2011 1:10 pm   

jackbob836 wrote:
THANK YOU! I did a search only on C: and after a minute it showed up.

Thanks again.

=D> =D> :D :D

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014 5:06 pm   

I have completely stressed myself out trying to transfer my programs and files from my computer running Vista to my replacement with Windows 8. I just can not get the information in my Credit Manager to copy to my thumb drive or my external hard drive and then show up on my new computer.

I located the "my owner number.wmo" file but it shows shortcut as TYPE. When I click on it on my old computer it does open up the CM with all of my info in it. When I send it to my flash drive then insert the flash drive on my new computer and open it, it opens up the Credit Manager without my credits and reservations showing.

Help please before I completely lose my mind! I am not all that computer literate I am discovering every day so please use baby steps for me to understand. I am kind of on a crunch as each time I turn on my old laptop, it seems to be its last "breath" if you know what I mean.

Thank you in advance!!

:oops:
Diana

WM: Bass Lake x1, Big Bear x16, Branson x4, Estes x1, Indio x16, Klamath x6, Las Vegas x29, LOO x1, Oceanside x67, Palm Springs x9, Reno x3, Running Y x4, Schooner Landing x1, Solvang x2, Tahoe III x 5, Yellowstone x1
Other: Cancun Resort x27, Marriot Waikiki x 3, El Conquistador x1, GPP x25, Grand Chateau x27, Marriott Buttes x2, Marriott Mesa x3, Palm Cyn Resort x23, HGVC X1, Heavenly x18, Hilton LV x1, Grand Sierra x1, Red Rock x1, Hilton Sedona x2, Pointe Hilton x3, Marriott Willow Springs x2
TS Owned: WM, Marriott G. C., MGV x 2, Palm Cyn Resort, Pac Mon x 2, Sundance, Heavenly Vy TH

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014 7:32 pm   

lconnors wrote:

I would first suggest installing a new copy of the WM Owners Credit Manager on your new computer. Then go to your old computer and open the WM Owners Credit Manager. Once there, select "Open" as if you were going to open a file for another account. There you should see the path where your data is stored. The default is c:\program files\WM Owners. (See 1st attachment.)

If for some reason, that doesn't work, then search for the data file. It will be named whatever you named it and will usually be your owner number. You can see that number on the default screen of the Credit Manager. It will be after the account name and in parentheses. (See 2nd attachment.)

Once you find it, as earlier stated, copy the data file to a jump drive or CD or whatever you are using to transfer data to the new computer and put it in the location where the WM Owners Credit Manager is installed on your new computer.

Hi, I have not been here for a long time!

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8. I have been successful many times transferring the data to a new computer but not this time!! I transferred all files including the 11111111.wmo file and it listed only up I til my 2012 entries but not for 2013 or 2014. Yet all the entries show on the laptop that I took the files from. Windows 8 warned me to not download but I did any way. I also did a new download from here and added my .wmo file and still missing entries. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks Peter

Survey response suggestions:
Since the annual letter we receiving in regards to maintenance fees refers to "providing you with a staff dedicated to award winning service levels" - "at each and every WorldMark resort" - "and to ensure you enjoy like-new resort accommodations" - "each stay".

These words should be taken as a commitment or promise from Wyndham.

Therefore should we not consider obtaining a parking pass or bus pass as part of "check in" (or front counter)? Not to mention the 2-3 attempts the sales people calling your room or leaving notes on your door step.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014 7:51 pm   

88kanaka wrote:
lconnors wrote:

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8. I have been successful many times transferring the data to a new computer but not this time!! I transferred all files including the 11111111.wmo file and it listed only up I til my 2012 entries but not for 2013 or 2014. Yet all the entries show on the laptop that I took the files from. Windows 8 warned me to not download but I did any way. I also did a new download from here and added my .wmo file and still missing entries. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks Peter

Peter, you are way ahead of me. I can't get it to show any of my reservations or credits at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program on the new computer and I uninstalled and resaved on the flash drive the 11111111.wmo file as well but it just opens the program blank on Windows 8 even though it shows my stuff on the old computer.

I am really hoping that someone can help us. Windows 8 computer also did not want me to install but I chose RUN IT ANYWAY.

Diana

WM: Bass Lake x1, Big Bear x16, Branson x4, Estes x1, Indio x16, Klamath x6, Las Vegas x29, LOO x1, Oceanside x67, Palm Springs x9, Reno x3, Running Y x4, Schooner Landing x1, Solvang x2, Tahoe III x 5, Yellowstone x1
Other: Cancun Resort x27, Marriot Waikiki x 3, El Conquistador x1, GPP x25, Grand Chateau x27, Marriott Buttes x2, Marriott Mesa x3, Palm Cyn Resort x23, HGVC X1, Heavenly x18, Hilton LV x1, Grand Sierra x1, Red Rock x1, Hilton Sedona x2, Pointe Hilton x3, Marriott Willow Springs x2
TS Owned: WM, Marriott G. C., MGV x 2, Palm Cyn Resort, Pac Mon x 2, Sundance, Heavenly Vy TH

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014 8:03 pm   

Map Books 4 U wrote:
88kanaka wrote:
lconnors wrote:

Peter, you are way ahead of me. I can't get it to show any of my reservations or credits at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program on the new computer and I uninstalled and resaved on the flash drive the 11111111.wmo file as well but it just opens the program blank on Windows 8 even though it shows my stuff on the old computer.

I am really hoping that someone can help us. Windows 8 computer also did not want me to install but I chose RUN IT ANYWAY.

Diana

Diana, thanks so much for the quick reply. I feel so much better now. The file date on my .wmo file is 2102 and was not sure if that was the install date or date of first use. Not sure if that file changes it's date based on input? But nevertheless the same file works on windows 7 but not on windows 8. Lol I will sleep better tonight! Thanks Peter.

Any one have a solution?

Since the annual letter we receiving in regards to maintenance fees refers to "providing you with a staff dedicated to award winning service levels" - "at each and every WorldMark resort" - "and to ensure you enjoy like-new resort accommodations" - "each stay".

Therefore should we not consider obtaining a parking pass or bus pass as part of "check in" (or front counter)? Not to mention the 2-3 attempts the sales people calling your room or leaving notes on your door step.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan 2014 6:38 pm   

Iam going to hold my files on a thumb drive. I have exported to exel and may just modify excel to do what the program did.