Register
It is currently Sat 26 Sep 2020 6:59 am

Help with installation

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb 2005 12:20 pm   

Hi Mod Squad,

I feel totaly stupid here but I cannot figure out where or how to download it. I have never had any success downloading anything because I don't know where to put anything when the big list pops up. I tried to download this to "My documents" but I got an error message saying it is not a win32 something or other.

Help, I am a computer know nothing.

Myrna

Lake Chelan, Cabo, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Kapaa Shores x 3 (LOVE), Kona, Valley Isle, before any units belonged to WM, Kihei, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Seaside (don't like), Dolphins Cove (love), Las Vegas on Spencer Street (love)

PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb 2005 2:52 pm   

Myrna wrote:
Hi Mod Squad,

I feel totaly stupid here but I cannot figure out where or how to download it. I have never had any success downloading anything because I don't know where to put anything when the big list pops up. I tried to download this to "My documents" but I got an error message saying it is not a win32 something or other.

Myrna
Hi Myrna, let me see if I can help you. Try following these steps and let us know how far you get to go, and log a note when you get stuck and tell us what message you receive from your computer. Please note this program is only tested on Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines and may not work on older versions (like Win98, WinME, Win NT etc.) It won't work on Macs either.

1. Click on this link: http://www.wmowners.com/CreditManager/W ... nstall.exe
This is the Installer program. You need to save this and then run this installer program to install the real Credit Manager program.

2. When it asks whether to Open or Save the program, choose Save.
3. Select a folder (like Desktop) and have the program saved in this folder. Since it is a 10 MB file, it is going to take a few minutes.

3. Once it completes the download of the installer program, then double-click on it to install the CreditManager program.

Let us know how this went. Thanks. (and Good luck :) )

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb 2005 11:22 pm   

Myrna wrote:

Myrna
This happened to me also......I did what Kapish said to do.... And I still get the error message.... ...also the download took only 1 sec, so I dont know if there is a problem with that...

I have Widows XP.

LA-New Orleans April 2006(Jazz Fest!) Las Vegas Instead.
Dolphine's Cove

WM Owners since June 2000
HGVC Owners since 2003

PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb 2005 11:48 pm   

imadhouse,

I had no problem downloading the Credit Manager and I also have XP so I think it must be something else.

The program looks great. I fooled around with it for a few minutes but I will wait until I'm wider awake and fiddle with it some more.

Thanks ModSquad!

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 12:41 am   

Hey I tried just running it instead of saving it to a folder and it worked for me now. Dont know what difference it makes, but i guess it really doesn't matter :roll: .....

It works great!... And a big THANKS :D to the person or persons for getting this done......!

LA-New Orleans April 2006(Jazz Fest!) Las Vegas Instead.
Dolphine's Cove

WM Owners since June 2000
HGVC Owners since 2003

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 7:21 am   

Barb & Scott: Thanks for noting that you were able to install the CreditManager.

Myrna: Let us know how the install went. As Scott suggested, when clicking on the link, select "Run" instead of "Save" and let's see what happens.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 7:57 am   

Sounds like a bad download caused the error you were getting... It's a big file, and if the connection gets lost during download, the file could be corrupted.

Been to: Oceanside, Las Vegas, Big Bear, Indio, Pismo Beach, Tahoe I, Rancho Vistoso, Wolf Creek, St. George, Solvang
Exchanged to: Carlsbad Seapointe, Gas Lamp Suites
Also stayed at: Wyndham Grand Desert

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 12:05 pm   

Hi kapich and all who offered help.

I did the download using run instead of save and now have the "icon" on my screen. It said it downloaded it to a temporary folder though. Will my automatic temporary folder removal tool take it away now?
I am using XP by the way. Did have '98 SE but XP was on the new computer and I am not used to everything new yet.

Myrna

In answer to my own question...I did a trial run and deleted my temp folders history and credit manager is still there. Yippee!

Lake Chelan, Cabo, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Kapaa Shores x 3 (LOVE), Kona, Valley Isle, before any units belonged to WM, Kihei, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Seaside (don't like), Dolphins Cove (love), Las Vegas on Spencer Street (love)

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 12:12 pm   

Myrna wrote:
I did a trial run and deleted my temp folders history and credit manager is still there. Yippee!
Great! Were you able to run the Credit Manager program?

I also suggest you spending a little time going over the documentation for this. To view the documentation for the program, click here: http://www.wmowners.com/CreditManager/

Good luck!

Last edited by kapish on Sat 26 Feb 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 3:37 pm   

kapish wrote:
1. Click on this link: http://www.wmowners.com/CreditManager/W ... nstall.exe
This is the Installer program. You need to save this and then run this installer program to install the real Credit Manager program.

2. When it asks whether to Open or Save the program, choose Save.
3. Select a folder (like Desktop) and have the program saved in this folder. Since it is a 10 MB file, it is going to take a few minutes.

3. Once it completes the download of the installer program, then double-click on it to install the CreditManager program.

Let us know how this went. Thanks. (and Good luck :) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the program downloaded after a little trial and error. Thanks Kapish :D - I am one who really needs and likes something that says l. 2. 3, do this to get what you want done. I tried the save method and that did not work, so tried the run and that worked fine.

I want to thank all who put this program together, whoever you are. It is so simple and so logical as opposed to many programs which are not.
I made the mistake of not reading "Documentation" first. I guess I am not familiar with the definition of documentation. I thought that was just something telling how you put the program together. After I had put a lot of things in and had some problems and did some extra work I finally followed the suggestion to look at documentation and said to myself " Oh, you mean the instruction manual on how to use the system :brightidea: !". I would suggest to emphasize to everyone to be sure and read this first.

I have a lot of information to put in for the full 7 years and I went back and manually put in each years credits - then discovered I could have done this with just one entry. I also put in a couple of old reservations that had been cancelled and they disappeared when I cancelled and then I found I could have kept the record of them by following the procedure. The instructions are really some of the easiest to understand of any I have seen. Of course I will still probably have some problems and need to ask for help but that is just me.

I still have a job to go back and put in the rest of my old reservations so that I can have a record of our whole reservation history. I like it that you have a place for the full information about each reservation. I do find that I am having to guess from memory on some of the dates of requesting the reservation and also how much bonus time cost or how much the tax was but I can get fairly close.

Thanks again!

Harvey

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 3:46 pm   

Hi kapish,

I haven't had a chance to look through or do anything with it yet as we were getting ready to leave. I have the documentation stuff in my favorites file and will read it first!

Myrna

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 4:41 pm   

Myrna wrote:
Hi kapish,

I haven't had a chance to look through or do anything with it yet as we were getting ready to leave. I have the documentation stuff in my favorites file and will read it first!

Myrna
Great. Thanks for letting us know. If you come with any questions when using this tool, just post it on this forum and I am sure someone in here will help.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 5:48 pm   

This tool is great. Thanks!
It was easy to download & install, and I have already loaded in my credits & reservations. Very user-friendly.

Indio, Oceanside, Midway, Clear Lake, Birch Bay, Gleneden, Schooner's Landing, Seaside, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Coral Baha, Discovery Bay, Mariner Village, Leavenworth, Sundance, Kihei, Rancho Vistoso, Arrow Point, Lake Chelan, The Canadian, The Roosevelt, Surfside, Depoe Bay, Cascade Lodge, The Camlin, Victoria, Royal Kuhio (RCI) Puerto Vallarta-Canto del Sol, Whistler-Twin Peaks, Mazatlan-El Cid.
(II) Orlando-Horizons by Marriott, Palm Desert-Marriott's Shadow Ridge

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 8:13 pm   

Harvey and All!

Great feedback everybody!! All your comments help others figure this out!

Theresa

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb 2005 2:36 pm   

Hi again,

Well, I am trying to add all of our OLD reservation and bonus time usage since 1994 but....... it let me add Lake Chelan in 1995 (our first trip - long story) but when I tried to put in Coral Baja in 1996 it says I must assign credits for this reservation but when I highlight the reservation and hit assign, it does nothing. so I guess I don't know how to do that. YES, I have read and re-read the instructions. I don't see a place where I can type in the year - well I did type in the first year and the % of credits but nothing else happened. So this is how I feel ](*,)

Myrna

Edited to ad: OK I figured it out by trial and error and I am up to speed! :)