Register
It is currently Sat 25 Jan 2020 6:00 pm

Expiration "day" question

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep 2007 9:04 am   

Matt wrote:
Hi Jim,

I did not need to make any reservations to see if it ran. I do not have my annual amount in available to borrow, so any cancellations using current credtis should have triggered a reshuffling increasing the available to borrow and reverting the current balance back to a zero balance. Even with the cancellation, I will not have a full annual amount in ATB. I have payed close attention to this before and, I am pretty certain that FIFO has not run since before Friday of last week. We'll see what happens tonight.

Matt

Matt,

You are correct... as long as you are already using your ATB credits... and the reservation you are canceling is from your available credits... then you can easily see if FIFO occurred. It becomes more complex if the reservation you are canceling is already using the ATB credits.

As far as I know... the system does not "queue up" pending FIFO requests. Hence... if it does not run on a particular day... then I think it generally will not run until another event occurs to trigger the FIFO. My recommendation is to make a reservation today... and cancel it tomorrow.

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep 2007 10:22 am   

It did not appear to run in my account last night, so I will do just what you suggest....make a reservation today for Galena, and cancel it tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

Matt