Register
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020 5:07 pm

Kapish's drive through the Pacific Northwest to Victoria, BC

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Wed 06 Jul 2005 8:22 pm   

Hi Ken, Thanks a lot. Those are some really neat pictures. Our family did go to the Hurricane Ridge and had a wonderful time. Although it was raining earlier in the day, by the time we visited it, the area had sunshine and it turned into a very beautiful day. We hiked around on some of the trails and our nine year old took some pictures. (Nothing like you shared with me here :) )

Thanks again for letting us know about this place.

We also visited the Hoh Rainforest earlier in the day and it was an incredible experience. I hope to share some of those pictures with you and the rest of the WM family when I get to a computer that can handle pictures :)

Thanks again.

We will be saying goodbye to the wonderful resort at Discovery Bay and taking the early morning tomorrow for Victoria.

Hellooooo Canada!!!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 06 Jul 2005 8:32 pm   

Here are the pictures Ken had sent me earlier. Ken, Those are some incredible pictures. I hope you don't mind me sharing these with our WM family. Thanks :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 06 Jul 2005 9:24 pm   

Manoj, Thank you for sharing these pics. It's been years since I used to spend a lot of time in this area camping and hiking. They brought back some really happy memories. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I (and obviously Ken) did.

Regards. Jodie

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 11:59 am   

Hi Jodie, Thanks. We did indeed enjoy Hurricane Ridge very much. Our 9 year old was not too keen on hiking there especially after our hike in the Hoh Rain Forest, however, once he started to see how fantastic a place it really is, he insisted on hiking. In fact he dragged my mom and his mom around the trails and we ran into deer, rabbits, and a grouse(sp?). He is now wanting to hike again in that area-- he keeps talking about wanting to go back there! (I never can figure out these kids! :) )

I am at the Victoria resort now. The resort is so close to EVERYTHING! We literally turned 4 corners from the ferry/customs area and were right in front of the resort!

We just got back from the free guided tour to the parliament building and now are getting ready to go on a walking tour of the downtown (and may be Chinatown).

The Victoria resort has one pc for general use, on broadband. The PC also looks pretty new, and has USB ports, so I may finally be able to upload some of my pictures!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 1:21 pm   

kapish wrote:
Hi Jodie, Thanks. We did indeed enjoy Hurricane Ridge very much. Our 9 year old was not too keen on hiking there especially after our hike in the Hoh Rain Forest, however, once he started to see how fantastic a place it really is, he insisted on hiking. In fact he dragged my mom and his mom around the trails and we ran into deer, rabbits, and a grouse(sp?). He is now wanting to hike again in that area-- he keeps talking about wanting to go back there! (I never can figure out these kids! :) )

I am at the Victoria resort now. The resort is so close to EVERYTHING! We literally turned 4 corners from the ferry/customs area and were right in front of the resort!

We just got back from the free guided tour to the parliament building and now are getting ready to go on a walking tour of the downtown (and may be Chinatown).

The Victoria resort has one pc for general use, on broadband. The PC also looks pretty new, and has USB ports, so I may finally be able to upload some of my pictures!
Hi there! Glad you got to see pristine Washington.
Haven't been to the Victoria resort or Vancouver, want to do it someday.
But have been to Victoria several times. All I have left I want to see is the Buschart Gardens there.
I will be leaving the 9th at noon, so will miss you if you go by.
Later and enjoy!

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 2:08 pm   

Hi Nena, Thanks for letting me know.

I guess we will have to wait 'til October (SEA GOO) to meet each other.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 3:49 pm   

kapish wrote:
[color=darkblue]Here are the pictures Ken had sent me earlier. Ken, Those are some incredible pictures. I hope you don't mind me sharing these with our WM family. Thanks :)

I don't mind sharing the pictures Kapish, just wish I knew how to down size them myself to post them on here. Anyone want to volunteer how to down size a 5.1 MP digital picture on your computer to the size allowed here? Thanks.

I did enjoy myself. I was really tired at the end of this day. The kids and Grandkids had not arrived at the resort until later that evening, so I went and played all day in the Mountains. First I went on a 13 mile bike ride up in the foot hills of the Olympic Mountains, then I drove up to Hurricane Ridge and hiked one mile on an easy trail, but thought it would be the perfect trail with the Grandkids, so saved it for them to do the next day and came back and hiked another 3.2 mile round trip very steep hike called the switch backs up to the top where you see the picture of me looking out of breath (forgot to smile in my haste to beat the time exposure as I was hiking by myself). The pictues do not do justice to the area. The wild flowers were abundant, but did not show up well in the pictures - they were everyewhere. I will have to remember to come again some time in late June when the flowers are out again. Maybe when the new Port Ludlow resort opens.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

Last edited by allenke on Thu 07 Jul 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 4:25 pm   

kapish wrote:

Yes, and I learned of one more owner who will be at the Sea GOO, at least the meeting. We need to design a way to recognize each other.................. :?: All of us.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul 2005 9:58 pm   

Manoj! I guess I will miss you again! :(
We leave in the morning for a weekend competition at Westport/Grayland WA and won't get back to town till late late Sunday evening.

Gosh.....well we tried! Guess it will have to be Seattle GOO in October afterall.

Have a very very safe trip!

Later, Theresa

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul 2005 8:36 am   

N wrote:
kapish wrote:

Yes, and I learned of one more owner who will be at the Sea GOO, at least the meeting. We need to design a way to recognize each other.................. :?: All of us.

You can wear stylish wmowners gear to recognize each other! http://www.cafepress.com/wmowners =D>

"Walls turned sideways are bridges" Angela Davis

WM: Big Bear 2x, Kihei, Coral Baja, La Paloma 2x, Pismo Beach 2x, Las Vegas 2x, Oceanside, Marina Dunes 2x, Fiji, Solvang, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
II: Aruba, New Orleans 3x, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Kauai 2x, Sedona, Paris France

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul 2005 2:36 pm   

We are tremendously enjoying our stay here in Victoria. It is a beautiful day today. (It was rainy yesterday morning.) We visited the Buchart Gardens today and are off to do some souvenir shopping now.

I finally got some pictures uploaded! Here is one taken at the Hoh Rainforest:

Last edited by kapish on Sun 26 Feb 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul 2005 4:41 pm   

kapish wrote:
We are tremendously enjoying our stay here in Victoria. It is a beautiful day today. (It was rainy yesterday morning.) We visited the Buchart Gardens today and are off to do some souvenir shopping now.

I finally got some pictures uploaded! Here is one taken at the Hoh Rainforest:

Manoj! Lovely to see your photo! Tell your Dad I think he is handsome.. :wink:

a.

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul 2005 5:10 pm   

Nice looking family Kapish! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul 2005 6:44 pm   

Thanks Ann and Ken.

Ann, I will let him know :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul 2005 7:02 am   

After probably one of the longest drives so far, we have reached Depoe Bay on our way back from Victoria. It is a cloudy and somewhat rainy day here at the coast.

The resort is beautiful! Our unit (along with most others) are right on the ocean. You can slightly open the patio door to hear the waves crashing on the rocks below! The lobby is open 24 hours, and has some of the nicest staff WM has :)

Profile WWW YIM  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next