Register
It is currently Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:01 am

Kapish's drive through the Pacific Northwest to Victoria, BC

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 4:06 pm   

kapish wrote:
Friends, here is an update...

Everything is confirmed for the trip!

Fri July 1st: Klamath Falls ; [just a stop over]
Sat July 2nd: Gleneden Beach
Sun - Wed (Jul 3rd -6th) Discovery Bay

<--Port Angeles/Victoria/PA Ferry reserved-->

Thu - Sat (Jul 7th - 9th) Victoria
Sun, Mon (Jul 10, 11th) Depoe Bay

Tuesday July 12th - Drive home!

Thanks again for all your kind and helful suggestions. I used http://www.cohoferry.com/ to make the reservations on the ferry. (If you were to use the link to do online reservations, make sure to use Internet Explorer!)

Sounds like a lot of fun! Now what is your route heading home? If you pass through Bellingham enroute to Depoe Bay, you could always take a rest stop at our mall - just off the freeway and meet me for coffee or just HI!!

Myrna

Lake Chelan, Cabo, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Kapaa Shores x 3 (LOVE), Kona, Valley Isle, before any units belonged to WM, Kihei, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Seaside (don't like), Dolphins Cove (love), Las Vegas on Spencer Street (love)

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 4:26 pm   

Myrna: Thanks. Let me put together some routes and if we pass through Bellingham then defenitely we will stop by. Thanks :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 5:23 pm   

kapish wrote:
Myrna: Thanks. Let me put together some routes and if we pass through Bellingham then defenitely we will stop by. Thanks :)

Sounds good to me! :)

If you leave Victoria and return to the US of A via the Tsawwassen (sp) ferry, you enter through the Blaine Peace Arch crossing. The freeway south only runs through Bellingham :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Victoria+ ... 5998&hl=en

All in color with street by street instructions. :) With each click on the lines on the left of the map, you get closer and closer...right down to cross streets, etc. I LOVE Goggle maps!

Myrna

Lake Chelan, Cabo, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Kapaa Shores x 3 (LOVE), Kona, Valley Isle, before any units belonged to WM, Kihei, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Seaside (don't like), Dolphins Cove (love), Las Vegas on Spencer Street (love)

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 6:31 pm   

Myrna wrote:
kapish wrote:

Sounds good to me! :)

If you leave Victoria and return to the US of A via the Tsawwassen (sp) ferry, you enter through the Blaine Peace Arch crossing. The freeway south only runs through Bellingham :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Victoria+ ... 5998&hl=en

All in color with street by street instructions. :) With each click on the lines on the left of the map, you get closer and closer...right down to cross streets, etc. I LOVE Goggle maps!

Myrna

Although I personally love the Tsawassen Ferry route, I would not go that way. You have a long drive from Victoria to Depoe Bay and returning via the Coho would be quicker and you basically would return to Oregon the way you came without going through ever dredded downtown Seattle traffic! I suspect you will be on Hwy 101? Just my opinion but you have a lot of driving to do. Have fun!

:wave: RickNPaula

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul 2005 8:00 pm   

Hi friends,

We arrived at our Gleneden beach resort arouynd 5 this evening. It is a nice sunny day here in the Pacific Northwest. We were at Running Y yesterday and that was a very warm day.

On our way to Gleneden we passed by Shooner Landing (Newport) and the Depoe Bay resorts. The resort at Depoe Bay looked very nice. They are gearing up for the fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th.

My parents and us walked on the beach at Gleneden just a few minutes ago and I am going to sign off now to go watch a fantastic sunset.

Have a wonderful 4th!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul 2005 12:38 am   

Thanks for checking in and have a wonderful 4th of July. I really miss good ole USA celebrations. We are headed for a BBQ on July 7th (our Sat) at the compound of some US Army guys. The promise us pork ribs and potato salad and American beer. (They get special rations of non-approved items...yippee!)

Regarding your trip home (if you haven't already committed): I'd recommend the Wash St. Ferry back through the San Juan Islands. It's absolutely beautiful and really senic. You might still have time to get a resersvation. http://www.washingtonferries.com/ And this puts you onto the US mainland just north of Everett, Wash and I-5. Just another thought.

Cheers.. Jodie

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul 2005 10:00 am   

Thanks Jodie. We have reservations on the Coho Ferry for both ways. We just walked on the beach one more time this morning prior to our departure to Discovery Bay.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul 2005 11:20 am   

kapish wrote:
Thanks Jodie. We have reservations on the Coho Ferry for both ways. We just walked on the beach one more time this morning prior to our departure to Discovery Bay.

Are you coming through Seaside? When I hear back you'll be long past us! Have fun!

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul 2005 4:45 am   

kapish wrote:
Hi friends,

We arrived at our Gleneden beach resort arouynd 5 this evening. It is a nice sunny day here in the Pacific Northwest. We were at Running Y yesterday and that was a very warm day.

On our way to Gleneden we passed by Shooner Landing (Newport) and the Depoe Bay resorts. The resort at Depoe Bay looked very nice. They are gearing up for the fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th.

My parents and us walked on the beach at Gleneden just a few minutes ago and I am going to sign off now to go watch a fantastic sunset.

Have a wonderful 4th!

Manoj,

What an awesome trip you have planned! I'm envious :-)

I hope you have a great time with your family in the northwest.

My Mom and Dad just joined WorldMark and we look forward to many happy vacations together.

I look forward to reading all about your trip on your blog! :wave:

Be Safe,

--Jay

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul 2005 9:58 am   

Nena: I thought we may be coming through Seaside, thendecided against it and went the I-5 route. Looks like we will do the same when we return to Depoe Bay on the 10th. (Please PM me your cell number so that I may call you *if* we decide to drive by Seaside on the 10th.)

Jay: Thanks. I am sure your parents and your family would have some fantastic WM vacations. This program is neat. :)

We are at Discovery Bay resort now. It is a laid back community with very little happening within walking distance. We are about to go to Port Townsend in a few minutes find out where we hang out to enjoy the fireworks tonight. (There are more than a dozen fireworks sales stalls along 101 with names like "ILL-EAGLE" 8-[ etc. selling all kinds of neat stuff, except we can't light any of it outside of the reservations where these are being sold.)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul 2005 3:45 pm   

kapish wrote:
Nena: I thought we may be coming through Seaside, thendecided against it and went the I-5 route. Looks like we will do the same when we return to Depoe Bay on the 10th. (Please PM me your cell number so that I may call you *if* we decide to drive by Seaside on the 10th.)

Jay: Thanks. I am sure your parents and your family would have some fantastic WM vacations. This program is neat. :)

We are at Discovery Bay resort now. It is a laid back community with very little happening within walking distance. We are about to go to Port Townsend in a few minutes find out where we hang out to enjoy the fireworks tonight. (There are more than a dozen fireworks sales stalls along 101 with names like "ILL-EAGLE" 8-[ etc. selling all kinds of neat stuff, except we can't light any of it outside of the reservations where these are being sold.)

Hey Manoj! I told you Discovery Bay was quiet!! Better buy some of those LEGAL fireworks and set some off.

Happy 4th of July everone!

a.

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul 2005 9:18 am   

Annie wrote:
Hey Manoj! I told you Discovery Bay was quiet!! Better buy some of those LEGAL fireworks and set some off.
Hi Ann, yes, we love it here. Thanks for all your help with this trip :)

It seems like we are the only ones here although the resort is full. I kind of like it. :) We went to Port Townsend twice yesterday (once for lunch and then at night to Fort Worden for the fireworks display. This little town has all the charm of 'small town America'.) The people are friendly and very accommodating of out-of-towners.

We are off to Sequim and Port Angeles and if time permits we would like to check out the rainforests in the western-most end of the state too.

We found a Food Co Op in Port Townsend and loved it. It has some interesting organic food etc.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul 2005 11:08 am   

kapish wrote:
We are off to Sequim and Port Angeles and if time permits we would like to check out the rainforests in the western-most end of the state too.

We found a Food Co Op in Port Townsend and loved it. It has some interesting organic food etc. [/color]

Kapish,

The one thing worth seeing over all the other is Hurricane Ridge. It is a 30 min drive up into the mountains from Port Angeles. You will see breath taking views of the Oympic Mountain range - some great hiking also. I was up there just a week ago and the wild flowers are in bloom right now and the peaks of the Olympic Mountain range are snow capped. For an easy hike drive 1.5 miles past the visitor center where the road ends in a loop. Park here and start your hike - you will not be dissapointed. If you are not in to hiking. The veiws from the Vistor center alone are more than worth it. If you are short on time - this is the one thing you want to see forgoing other things - IMHO.

Have fun. I wish I knew how to post a picture here! I have a few from last week. You could could send me you email address - I know how to send them that way.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul 2005 7:54 pm   

Thanks Ken. Your timing is perfect! We are planning to go through Port Angelese to the Oho Rainforest and will defenitely take a detour to the Hurricane Ridge. Thanks a lot.
Please feel free to send me email at manoj at kapeesh dot com :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul 2005 9:46 pm   

kapish wrote:
Thanks Ken. Your timing is perfect! We are planning to go through Port Angelese to the Oho Rainforest and will defenitely take a detour to the Hurricane Ridge. Thanks a lot.
Please feel free to send me email at manoj at kapeesh dot com :)

Kapish, I did send about 6 pictures via your email address. They do not do justice to the area. I think you will be very impressed if you drive up there. Even if it is cloudy, it is awesome. Often you can still see the hurricane ridge peaks when cloudy, or will see breaks in the clouds where you will see them. The wild flowers are worth it in themselves. Enjoy.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next