Register
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020 4:22 pm

Booking changes at Gleneden

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:42 am   

Unfortunately, at least for the way we book bonus time, Gleneden no longer distinguishes the Back Building from the Front Building.

Why is that? Depoe Bay has phase 1 & 2. Coral Baja distinguishes between the ocean building and the street building.

So now when you book Gleneden, you have no idea if you are getting a room with any view.

Iirc, most front building rooms have some type of ocean view. There are a couple side rooms if you are on bottom floor that really don't get a view.

But the back building is a view of trees, a view of the front building, and if lucky...a view of the ocean in distance. And...no elevator not that it matters to us.

I'll definitely remember that anyone on bonus time at least, will not even be able to know if they have a good chance of a room with a view..

No more pool or hot tub. I guess they think demand is much greater than supply?

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep 2020 10:44 am   

They did this with Mariner(ocean shrs) some time back. Now you may or may not have a water view. I think it is the Resort Managers trying to improve the bottomline by having the occupied rooms close to enable housekeeping to finish quicker . Sucks!

Anaheim, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Birch Bay, Branson, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Deer Harbor, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Eagle Crest, Kihei, Lake Chelan, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Long Beach, Mariner Village, Oceanside CA, Palm Springs,Phoeinx South Mountain Preserve, Rancho Vistoso, Reno, Royal Kuhio, Running Y, San Francisco, Seaside, Seattle Camlin, Solvang, Sundance at Whistler, The Canadian, Valley Isle, Windsor.

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep 2020 5:14 pm   

camano wrote:
They did this with Mariner(ocean shrs) some time back. Now you may or may not have a water view. I think it is the Resort Managers trying to improve the bottomline by having the occupied rooms close to enable housekeeping to finish quicker . Sucks!

I have never been there. Are the buildings physically separated by a good distance? I'm guessing most rooms in all buildings, at least Oregon coast, are occupied every night...less the dumb 1-nights that now pop up.

My only guess as to why they did this at Gleneden is because there are a few rooms in the front building that for all practical purposes, don't have an ocean view. I'm specifically thinking of the bottom floor south-east corner. And I guess bottom floor with the empty pool view and ocean on the horizon might not qualify as an ocean view? So maybe some owners book front building always expecting a view and that isn't the case?

Regardless, the value of a back building with no view is worth a lot less to me. And not knowing what you get at Gleneden, plus no pool or hot tub, I'll definitely avoid that place unless I'm desperate and set my expectations low.

Would it be the manager or someone higher to make this decision? And has anyone heard about the future of this resort? Front desk won't say a thing...naturally.