Register
It is currently Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:27 pm

Last Year! Also about the Duck Ride

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct 2008 2:45 pm   

A BUNCH of WM owners went on the Duck Ride, but I didn't go. This year I want to go. Debbi F made arrangement for the group ahead of time, so I was thinking I wonder if we want to plan something similar.

We could see how many want to go and find a time that will work for most, or plan two times...

This could also work for the Underground Tour-but they don't have reservations, it's first come first serve.

I know I wanta quack this time....who else does?

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

Last edited by N on Tue 14 Oct 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct 2008 7:40 pm   

Cliff and I do! I hope everybody does. It was a BLAST!!!!!

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct 2008 8:05 pm   

I went to the duck website and I didn't see anything about it. I called the number and left a message. Sharon can transfer out of the wheelchair I'm pretty sure. Just wondering.
Crystal

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 1:17 pm   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
lconnors wrote:
Cliff and I do! I hope everybody does. It was a BLAST!!!!!
We were sorry we missed it last year ... better not pass it up this time!

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 1:20 pm   

Just FYI for whoever may need it; there is no handicapped access for the Duck ride. I got a call back this morning. There are approximately 8 steps to be overcome at a riser heighth of 8" apiece. No ramp. I find that odd in this day and age that there isn't even a ramp for someone in a walker to walk up or someone that can't do steps, never mind an actual wheelchair access. Oh well.....
Crystal

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 1:22 pm   

crystalpokorny wrote:
Just FYI for whoever may need it; there is no handicapped access for the Duck ride. I got a call back this morning. There are approximately 8 steps to be overcome at a riser heighth of 8" apiece. No ramp. I find that odd in this day and age that there isn't even a ramp for someone in a walker to walk up or someone that can't do steps, never mind an actual wheelchair access. Oh well.....
Crystal
That is odd. How do they get around the ADA?

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 1:28 pm   

Crystal,

Could your friend be carried up by a couple of strong guy? Between Cliff and Mike, maybe they could carry her up the steps. Once she's you're seated, there's no getting up and moving around so it would just be at the beginning and end of the trip that she would need help.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 1:35 pm   

lconnors wrote:
Crystal,

Could your friend be carried up by a couple of strong guy? Between Cliff and Mike, maybe they could carry her up the steps. Once she's you're seated, there's no getting up and moving around so it would just be at the beginning and end of the trip that she would need help.
So where are you going to find a couple of strong guys to put between Cliff and Mike? :mrgreen:

Kidding, of course ... Mike carried 30 ton of landscaping boulders around our yard to build a wall, and Cliff whipped my kids at push-ups. I'm sure they would have be happy to lift Sharon on and off the ride.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 2:20 pm   

She CAN walk, it's just a real slow go and very carefully, and stairs are the worst. She uses a wheelchair for comfort and to rest because after all she has defied all the odds and is walking again after breaking both her legs for the 3rd time. I'm sure the worst of it will be simply the fear of falling again which would be my fear as well!!! She is a gutsy, fun woman who you all will like very much. Maybe she could do it with guys on either side of her.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct 2008 4:03 pm   

Marci wrote:
That is odd. How do they get around the ADA?
Probably the same way Wyn/TW/FF does.... :shrug:

The FF resort in Kona was a killer for me. Long ways, in a cast, uphill to the unit, then up a flight of stairs......whew!

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct 2008 10:58 am   

I'd also like to do the duck tour. I'm planning to attend the potluck although I won't be staying at the Camlin. Could we do it on the same day as the potluck? Kathy

CAN: Canadian, Cascade Lodge, Sundance WA: Birch Bay, Discovery Bay, Lake Chelan House Lake Chelan Shores, Leavenworth, Surfside, Mariner Village, Camlin, Long Beach, Deer Harbor OR: Depoe Bay, Eagle Crest, Gleneden, Running Y, Seaside CA: Anaheim, Clear Lake, Indio, Palm Springs, Windsor, Angels Camp, Big Bear, Oceanside, San Francisco ID: Arrow Point, McCall UT: Bear Lake, Midway, St. George, Wolf Creek, AZ: Bison Ranch, Pinetop, Rancho Vistoso, Scottsdale NV: Las Vegas Blvd, Spencer St, Tropicana HI: Kihei LA: New Orleans FL: Daytona Beach MEX: Coral Baja

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct 2008 11:32 am   

Didn't they end up splitting into two different tours last year due to availability of tickets? Maybe we should give this discussion its own thread, so we can set up a time firm time to do the tour and discuss reservations/tickets/whatever.

Is there someone in the Seattle area, preferably someone who went last year and is familiar with the operation, that would be willing to be Chief Duck Planner? I will start a new thread.

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct 2008 2:06 pm   

Marci wrote:
Didn't they end up splitting into two different tours last year due to availability of tickets? Maybe we should give this discussion its own thread, so we can set up a time firm time to do the tour and discuss reservations/tickets/whatever.

Is there someone in the Seattle area, preferably someone who went last year and is familiar with the operation, that would be willing to be Chief Duck Planner? I will start a new thread.
Debbi F did it last year from the Bay area, CA.
I would offer but I don't have time either. But I want to go.