Register
It is currently Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:52 am

Help needed for Seattle'07 GOO reservations.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jan 2007 4:49 pm   

In prerperation for the GOO associated with the annual meeting (Oct 2, 2007), I reserved both PH units, and both 2BR units. This gives us maximum flexibility for having sufficient "party space".

Since it is "red season"... I had to book full weeks. Since we do not need a full week, we need to "group" the needed nights with some other nights that people may use. We are mostly covered now... but I still need to cover two mid-week days, either before or after the GOO (or both). These could be at any location in the WM system.

If you think that you need a reservation (possibly for those driving to the GOO)... let me know and we can arrange reserving a room someplace for you using my account. You could then reimburse me for actual costs (credtis and any possible TOT fees).

The dates we need are either:

a) Wed/Thur - Check-in Sept 26th (or earlier), Check-out Sept 28th.
b) Wed/Thur - Check-in Oct 3rd, Check-out Sept 5th (or later)

The actual dates of the GOO will be spread over 9/28 - 10/2 (5 nights). The big nights will likely be Sun/Mon nights

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon 15 Jan 2007 2:35 pm   

JimP wrote:
In prerperation for the GOO associated with the annual meeting (Oct 2, 2007), I reserved both PH units, and both 2BR units. This gives us maximum flexibility for having sufficient "party space".

Since it is "red season"... I had to book full weeks. Since we do not need a full week, we need to "group" the needed nights with some other nights that people may use. We are mostly covered now... but I still need to cover two mid-week days, either before or after the GOO (or both). These could be at any location in the WM system.

If you think that you need a reservation (possibly for those driving to the GOO)... let me know and we can arrange reserving a room someplace for you using my account. You could then reimburse me for actual costs (credtis and any possible TOT fees).

The dates we need are either:

a) Wed/Thur - Check-in Sept 26th (or earlier), Check-out Sept 28th.
b) Wed/Thur - Check-in Oct 3rd, Check-out Sept 5th (or later)

The actual dates of the GOO will be spread over 9/28 - 10/2 (5 nights). The big nights will likely be Sun/Mon nights

/Jim

Jim,
I just hope they don't make a last minute change to the Annual Meeting date like they did last year. That was kind of a dirty trick on a lot of owners that had made room and airline reservations, then had to change them at the last minute.

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan 2007 8:59 am   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
HOTinPHX wrote:
Jim,
I just hope they don't make a last minute change to the Annual Meeting date like they did last year. That was kind of a dirty trick on a lot of owners that had made room and airline reservations, then had to change them at the last minute.

Gary, I think you may be thinking of the December BOD meeting. The annual meeting date didn't change once it was announced. Before last year the annual meeting was ALWAYS on the same day -- third Thursday in October or something like that -- per the bylaws. But the Board got the voters to pass an amendment saying that it could be changed.

The 2007 meeting is WAY earlier than we are used to. Many of us had already made Seattle reservations for the end of October, assuming that it would be held when it always is. When we learned that it was earlier, we had to scramble to change our reservations. That is part of what Jim is referring to -- he was one of the first to find out about the earlier date, and grabbed as much Camlin space as he could for us. I have him to thank for getting me into the only 2 bedroom that is NOT on the top floor where the party will be! :)

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan 2007 7:01 pm   

scrappymt wrote:
Gary, I think you may be thinking of the December BOD meeting. The annual meeting date didn't change once it was announced. Before last year the annual meeting was ALWAYS on the same day -- third Thursday in October or something like that -- per the bylaws. But the Board got the voters to pass an amendment saying that it could be changed.

The 2007 meeting is WAY earlier than we are used to. Many of us had already made Seattle reservations for the end of October, assuming that it would be held when it always is. When we learned that it was earlier, we had to scramble to change our reservations. That is part of what Jim is referring to -- he was one of the first to find out about the earlier date, and grabbed as much Camlin space as he could for us. I have him to thank for getting me into the only 2 bedroom that is NOT on the top floor where the party will be! :)

You are right - I was thinking the the December meeting that they changed at the last minute. Still, I wouldn't put it past Wyndham to try something like that to derail plans to attend.

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.