Register
It is currently Fri 30 Oct 2020 7:35 pm

SPUDGOO @ Indio Jan 12-14th 2007! Let's celebrate!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 7:46 pm   

What about Long Beach airport? We've gotten some good prices out of there as well. Also, strange as it may seem, sometimes multiple airports are cheaper! Since someone is picking you up and dropping you off it doesn't really matter if you fly into ONT and out of SNA or wherever. You might check it out!

Chris

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 9:42 pm   

Just to reiterate, this is on the 12th, 13th, and 14th of January. The 60-day booking window is the 12th of November. There are many units available from 1-bdrm to 3-bdrm.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 10:59 pm   

lconnors wrote:
Just to reiterate, this is on the 12th, 13th, and 14th of January. The 60-day booking window is the 12th of November. There are many units available from 1-bdrm to 3-bdrm.
Hi, did you see all the tips for airfare? Wow can you believe only 2 mos???????
You'll have time to rest up from Disney, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years then we're off again! wooo hooo! :wave:

Now I gotta figure out best time to arrive and depart.........any suggestions?

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Tue 31 Oct 2006 7:17 pm   

strawbears wrote:
What about Long Beach airport? We've gotten some good prices out of there as well. Also, strange as it may seem, sometimes multiple airports are cheaper! Since someone is picking you up and dropping you off it doesn't really matter if you fly into ONT and out of SNA or wherever. You might check it out!

Chris

That multiple airport trick is really strange. I have a friend that flies in from Alberta Canada about once a month, and he found that a direct flight to Phoenix averages about $200, BUT if he flies to Los Angelas via Phoenix, it's only $175. (He just gets off in Phoenix, and skips the LA leg of the trip). #-o

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 5:15 pm   

OK guys, time to get ready to rumble. Tomorrow is the 60-day mark for the 12th of January. Get those dialing fingers and internet connections ready. There are still loads of 1 and 2 bdrm unts available, including special needs units, and both twin and queen standard 2-bdrm units. We're going to have a good time, so be sure to come.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 5:49 pm   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
lconnors wrote:
OK guys, time to get ready to rumble. Tomorrow is the 60-day mark for the 12th of January. Get those dialing fingers and internet connections ready. There are still loads of 1 and 2 bdrm unts available, including special needs units, and both twin and queen standard 2-bdrm units. We're going to have a good time, so be sure to come.

For once I have an advantage living far away from the action! I'm already booked, because I'm staying a night in St. George on the way down. We'll be in a two bedroom twin in Indio that weekend! \:D/

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 6:22 pm   

scrappymt wrote:
For once I have an advantage living far away from the action! I'm already booked, because I'm staying a night in St. George on the way down. We'll be in a two bedroom twin in Indio that weekend! \:D/

Marci are you taking your kids? What ages are they? I think I'll make a reservation, just in case we can go. Our son would be with us - he's 11. Do you have a playmate for him? :D

Indio, Oceanside, Midway, Clear Lake, Birch Bay, Gleneden, Schooner's Landing, Seaside, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Coral Baha, Discovery Bay, Mariner Village, Leavenworth, Sundance, Kihei, Rancho Vistoso, Arrow Point, Lake Chelan, The Canadian, The Roosevelt, Surfside, Depoe Bay, Cascade Lodge, The Camlin, Victoria, Royal Kuhio (RCI) Puerto Vallarta-Canto del Sol, Whistler-Twin Peaks, Mazatlan-El Cid.
(II) Orlando-Horizons by Marriott, Palm Desert-Marriott's Shadow Ridge

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 6:43 pm   

Ok, just so I can be stupid - please remind me what the 60 day window is for? I keep trying to find out and what I THINK it is isn't maybe what it really is.....

#-o

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 6:57 pm   

Within 60 days of check-in, you can book fewer than 7 days in red season.

Looking forward to when it will be 90 days!! O:)

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 7:00 pm   

Ok, so the super smart way would be to book a few days for the GOO and then watch BT. When Bonus time comes up cancel the credit reservation, wait the required 48 hours and rebook with BT right?

Perry? I don't think I've been listening well enough. Some stuff is still mushy in my brain. Oh wait, that's just my brain......... :brightidea: :drunk: :brightidea:

ahhhhhhhh....my brain hurts and TS is making it a migraine......

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 10:46 pm   

Lacobra42 wrote:
Marci are you taking your kids? What ages are they? I think I'll make a reservation, just in case we can go. Our son would be with us - he's 11. Do you have a playmate for him? :D

Yep, they'll be with us. We can't get away with leaving them behind AGAIN after just having gone to the Seattle GOO. I've mentioned that its my birthday that weekend, but it's also my daughter's birthday on the 18th. So this trip is the birthday gift for both of us :)

You bet I have a playmate for your son ... if he's not afraid of "girl cooties" like so many at that age, he'd do great with my daughters who are 10 (or will be that week) and 12. Most of my 10 year old's friends are boys. I call her my "tomboy princess" -- she loves to get dressed up cute, but ends up ripping her clothes because she has been climbing trees and fences. Or if he's not too grown-up to play with "little kids", he can avoid the girl cooties and hang out with my 6 and almost-8 year old sons.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov 2006 10:56 pm   

strawbears wrote:
Ok, so the super smart way would be to book a few days for the GOO and then watch BT. When Bonus time comes up cancel the credit reservation, wait the required 48 hours and rebook with BT right?

If BT is available at the time you check, there is no need to wait the 48 hours to rebook. The rule is in place to prevent people from booking with credits and then canceling to get BT when it is not available.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov 2006 1:18 am   

strawbears wrote:

labagit wrote:
If BT is available at the time you check, there is no need to wait the 48 hours to rebook. The rule is in place to prevent people from booking with credits and then canceling to get BT when it is not available.

That's right. Book the BT before you cancel the credit reservation (assuming you are not past the cancellation deadline), and you won't have to wait 48 hours. If you cancel the credit reservation first, that's when you can't book BT for 48 hours.

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 10:05 am   

My kids asked last week, "Next time there's a long weekend can we go to Arizona?" I said no. They looked crushed. Then I said "because we're going to Southern California instead". Wish I could have that effect on them every time! :)

We'll see you all in just a few weeks!

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 1:20 pm   

strawbears wrote:
The resort manager is a great guy! I've had several conversations with him and found him very curious about the relationship between TW and WM. He may want to come! :D

For those of you who have not been to Indio just wait until you see the owners lounge!! It's a real treat! \:D/ \:D/

O:)
Does that treat include the Travelbucket carpet and special line? Who among us going to the GOO can walk on the royal carpet?
[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/king.gif[/img]

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next