Register
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020 5:20 pm

SPUDGOO @ Indio Jan 12-14th 2007! Let's celebrate!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 6:23 pm   

Evelina* wrote:
The airfare is prohibitive. I'll see about buddy passes.

Do you have Ding! for Southwest? They have been showing on and off for the past couple of weeks flights from Seattle to Ontario for $49.00 - $84.00 one way. Flying into Ontario is usually cheaper than Orange County and it is a much closer drive from Ontario to Indio too.

Diana

WM: Bass Lake x1, Big Bear x16, Branson x4, Estes x1, Indio x16, Klamath x6, Las Vegas x29, LOO x1, Oceanside x67, Palm Springs x9, Reno x3, Running Y x4, Schooner Landing x1, Solvang x2, Tahoe III x 5, Yellowstone x1
Other: Cancun Resort x27, Marriot Waikiki x 3, El Conquistador x1, GPP x25, Grand Chateau x27, Marriott Buttes x2, Marriott Mesa x3, Palm Cyn Resort x23, HGVC X1, Heavenly x18, Hilton LV x1, Grand Sierra x1, Red Rock x1, Hilton Sedona x2, Pointe Hilton x3, Marriott Willow Springs x2
TS Owned: WM, Marriott G. C., MGV x 2, Palm Cyn Resort, Pac Mon x 2, Sundance, Heavenly Vy TH

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 6:32 pm   

Just so that no can can whine about not being invited to this GOO, everyone who reads this should tell every owner they meet that they are invited.
If you know of someone that doesn't participate in any online activity, let them know that there is a GOO in Indio.
You may even find some stimulating, non-political discussions going on there. :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 10:10 pm   

I'm at The Camlin now. When I get home, I'll try to find out what ding is.
They are still talking about the party last weekend. I have to go now. I just found another longtime owner that I met here in the computer room.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 10:11 pm   

Map Books 4 U wrote:
Do you have Ding! for Southwest? They have been showing on and off for the past couple of weeks flights from Seattle to Ontario for $49.00 - $84.00 one way. Flying into Ontario is usually cheaper than Orange County and it is a much closer drive from Ontario to Indio too.

Diana
From Portland I found LAX is cheaper and faster!!!!!
I looked on American Express travel......was the cheapest I've seen so far.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 2:03 pm   

N wrote:
From Portland I found LAX is cheaper and faster!!!!!
I looked on American Express travel......was the cheapest I've seen so far.

From Portland, LAX may be cheaper, but it depends on what your time is worth driving from there to Indio. I do not see how it can possibly be faster than landing at Ontario, in traffic it can be an excruciating 3 to 4 hour crawl.

I did LAX to Nuevo 6 or 7 times over a three week period and drive times varied from 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours. When the hotel workers had their protest with the illegal immigrants, closing down Century Blvd and access to the 105, it was an additional hour and 15 minutes trying to navigate through LA to any major freeway, (lots of street closures, hundreds of police officers on standby).

I can utilize my toll road pass, I listen to KFI 640 for traffic news, and I am flexible enough to vary my route as needed so that I can utilize the 105, 605, 60 or PCH, 91, 110, 710, 405 or just the 10, with regards to SigAlerts, etc. Nuevo is 1 hour closer to LAX than Indio.

Evelina wrote:
I'm at The Camlin now. When I get home, I'll try to find out what ding is.

Here is the Ding! on Southwest.com:

http://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/systra ... 0000000002

You set your preferences, it sits on your desktop inconspicuously and when something comes up that fits within your preferences...it Dings and alerts you. You click for the specials, it shows you any details or restrictions and you book you airfare.

Diana

WM: Bass Lake x1, Big Bear x16, Branson x4, Estes x1, Indio x16, Klamath x6, Las Vegas x29, LOO x1, Oceanside x67, Palm Springs x9, Reno x3, Running Y x4, Schooner Landing x1, Solvang x2, Tahoe III x 5, Yellowstone x1
Other: Cancun Resort x27, Marriot Waikiki x 3, El Conquistador x1, GPP x25, Grand Chateau x27, Marriott Buttes x2, Marriott Mesa x3, Palm Cyn Resort x23, HGVC X1, Heavenly x18, Hilton LV x1, Grand Sierra x1, Red Rock x1, Hilton Sedona x2, Pointe Hilton x3, Marriott Willow Springs x2
TS Owned: WM, Marriott G. C., MGV x 2, Palm Cyn Resort, Pac Mon x 2, Sundance, Heavenly Vy TH

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 2:18 pm   

Map Books 4 U wrote:
Here is the Ding! on Southwest.com:

http://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/systra ... 0000000002

You set your preferences, it sits on your desktop inconspicuously and when something comes up that fits within your preferences...it Dings and alerts you. You click for the specials, it shows you any details or restrictions and you book you airfare.

Diana
mmm forgot to say I am flying in and Lynn is picking me up and they are in Orange. So John Wayne is closest for them, but LAx isn't too far out of the way. Still I have to work out when I depart and make it easy for her to go on to work. So Ontario wouldn't work.
So far I had planned to go early like on Thurs and we leave on Friday. Since she's in DW I haven't talked to her abuot eveything yet..........but that won't make sense going back to Orange either, since I plan to stay and visit a while. Complicated huh?

I don't have Southwest as an option and Evelina might not either.....but I will check and make sure I am correct about that.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 2:21 pm   

N wrote:
mmm forgot to say I am flying in and Lynn is picking me up and they are in Orange. So John Wayne is closest for them, but LAx isn't too far out of the way. Still I have to work out when I depart and make it easy for her to go on to work. So Ontario wouldn't work.
So far I had planned to go early like on Thurs and we leave on Friday. Since she's in DW I haven't talked to her abuot eveything yet..........but that won't make sense going back to Orange either, since I plan to stay and visit a while. Complicated huh?

I don't have Southwest as an option and Evelina might not either.....but I will check and make sure I am correct about that.

That makes sense.

Maybe you can fly into John Wayne and fly out of Ontario. Check United too. I get E-Fare alerts from them too.

Diana

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 2:23 pm   

N wrote:

OK I found out they do depart from Portland, I'll go see if it could work out.

Last edited by N on Sat 28 Oct 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 2:59 pm   

surf rider wrote:
Just so that no can can whine about not being invited to this GOO, everyone who reads this should tell every owner they meet that they are invited.
If you know of someone that doesn't participate in any online activity, let them know that there is a GOO in Indio.
You may even find some stimulating, non-political discussions going on there. :rofl:

I don't remember anyone whining about not being invited to the GOO. I thought all owners were invited. I wasn't specifically invited but had I been able to go I would have gone to the GOO.
Perhaps you can post the open "invitation" on the TW forum too, when it is back up??? :)

Myrna

Lake Chelan, Cabo, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Kapaa Shores x 3 (LOVE), Kona, Valley Isle, before any units belonged to WM, Kihei, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Seaside (don't like), Dolphins Cove (love), Las Vegas on Spencer Street (love)

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 3:07 pm   

Myrna wrote:
I don't remember anyone whining about not being invited to the GOO. I thought all owners were invited. I wasn't specifically invited but had I been able to go I would have gone to the GOO.
Perhaps you can post the open "invitation" on the TW forum too, when it is back up??? :)

Myrna
Hi Myrna, there are invitations on the TW forum too....two for the Seattle GOO alone; one for the So Cal Sea GOO; one for the Utah SeaGoo; one for the Indio Spudster GOO and one for the NO Cal Goo...I don't think they read them or something. Look down the list of posts, you'll see them.......
Hey you were invited......we taked about it last year when your friend couldn't bring you then again this year when John wasn't up for it.......Everyone is invited, no reason to think otherwise. The TW staff and WM BOD were invited as well as Dave Herrick......so I think lots and lots of people knew about it.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006 3:12 pm   

Check American into Palm Springs. We often find the flights cheaper there than almost anywhere. Not always- sometimes you have to keep trying and using some alternate times/days but if you are flexible even a bit you can save bucks and be right there! We use Palm Springs airport when possible because its a very easy in/easy out situation. No crowds or traffic. :D

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 5:13 pm   

strawbears wrote:
Check American into Palm Springs. We often find the flights cheaper there than almost anywhere. Not always- sometimes you have to keep trying and using some alternate times/days but if you are flexible even a bit you can save bucks and be right there! We use Palm Springs airport when possible because its a very easy in/easy out situation. No crowds or traffic. :D
I'll see if American flies out of Eugene.......I don't want to go to Palm Springs tho', I need to go to somewhere around Orange.

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 6:26 pm   

Nena - if Lynn's picking you up, you could fly into LAX and then take the airport bus to one of the Disney area hotels: www.airportbus.com

Just a thought.. otherwise you'd have to fly into SNA or ONT - both are fairly close to the O.C.

Been to: Oceanside, Las Vegas, Big Bear, Indio, Pismo Beach, Tahoe I, Rancho Vistoso, Wolf Creek, St. George, Solvang
Exchanged to: Carlsbad Seapointe, Gas Lamp Suites
Also stayed at: Wyndham Grand Desert

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 6:33 pm   

RichM wrote:
Nena - if Lynn's picking you up, you could fly into LAX and then take the airport bus to one of the Disney area hotels: www.airportbus.com

Just a thought.. otherwise you'd have to fly into SNA or ONT - both are fairly close to the O.C.

Ontario is close? :-k
Hmmm well Lynn should be home soon, we can see how that works.
She works, so a bus might be a good idea!
For leaving, it's easiest for her to drop me off.......so I can leave anytime after 8:00 or so......well not toooo late......preferably before noon.

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct 2006 7:24 pm   

From her house it's about 15mi. to SNA and 32 to ONT

32 is "close" by So Cal driving standards.

Been to: Oceanside, Las Vegas, Big Bear, Indio, Pismo Beach, Tahoe I, Rancho Vistoso, Wolf Creek, St. George, Solvang
Exchanged to: Carlsbad Seapointe, Gas Lamp Suites
Also stayed at: Wyndham Grand Desert

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next