Register
It is currently Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:08 am

SPUDGOO @ Indio Jan 12-14th 2007! Let's celebrate!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 7:55 am   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
kapish wrote:
I think the SPUDGOO will be at the Indio resort in January! It will be on the weekend of January 12, 13 and 14th!

Please post on this thread if you can attend this GOO. :) Thanks.

Hmmmm ... my birthday. I just may have to make a little trip to the sun to celebrate.

But then again I have the same problem as Nena ... I swore I would never support TW's underhanded dealings by booking time at Indio. Hmmm ..... this one is going to take some serious thinkun ....

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 9:18 am   

scrappymt wrote:
Hmmmm ... my birthday. I just may have to make a little trip to the sun to celebrate.

But then again I have the same problem as Nena ... I swore I would never support TW's underhanded dealings by booking time at Indio. Hmmm ..... this one is going to take some serious thinkun ....

Marci,
Your birthday? Well, you may not know this, but, Outside of Utah, that day is special enough to be a holiday!

I wouldn't presume for anybody to compromise themselves for a few days in the sun, but I would like to esplain why I chose Indio.

It was simply the fact that it is the warmest climate within the US in January, except for Orlando (it would cost a real amount of money to drive the Spudmobile to there!). and, it rains more here on a given day in January than it does in a whole month in Indio.

Spud

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 9:31 am   

:shock: It's 931 miles! Holy cow..........you are driving the spudmobile huh? Yikes that's a long ways.........driving is out......plane fair......hmmmm

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 9:45 am   

For full disclosure, we will be going to be on a road trip for the most part of January, and I have reserved 2 weeks in Indio (you know that I have accumulated a ton of points in the last 21 months?) 3 bedroom. I have a friend that is at the same stage of treatment as I am, and another who is recovering from a heart attack who will be with us at Indio at some point.

What I find funny about taking the Spudmobile is, after 30 years of cussing some old fart that was driving too slow and impeding my truck, I will be that old fart!

Spud

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 3:34 pm   

2lazy wrote:
For full disclosure, we will be going to be on a road trip for the most part of January, and I have reserved 2 weeks in Indio (you know that I have accumulated a ton of points in the last 21 months?) 3 bedroom. I have a friend that is at the same stage of treatment as I am, and another who is recovering from a heart attack who will be with us at Indio at some point.

What I find funny about taking the Spudmobile is, after 30 years of cussing some old fart that was driving too slow and impeding my truck, I will be that old fart!

Spud

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 9:25 pm   

After much consideraton....I wonder how I can miss this, so despite my activist tendancy to boycott this resort......I think I will go.
If you're going to be there that long.......I can probably make it for a few days. I have ridden through that "God Forsaken" country before and wonder why people wanted to plant a few trees out there when God said no water here; just sand and salt!
Now look! those few people brought a resort there with a Lazy River......good grief!!!!! ( oh and can't forget TW's contribution)
Ok warm it will be.......that will be nice! ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 9:52 pm   

Glad to hear you will put aside your activism to be able to get together with Spud "Sujay" Singh and the rest of us. Thanks :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep 2006 8:32 am   

kapish wrote:
Glad to hear you will put aside your activism to be able to get together with Spud "Sujay" Singh and the rest of us. Thanks :)
:D

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 10:04 am   

kapish wrote:
Thanks thaddius. Since we have a little bit of time, let's contact all the SoCal, AZ and NV owners and get them to come to this GOO as well ;)

Folks, if you are reading this thread and if you are from the afore-mentioned areas, please let us know whether you can make it to the GOO. The more the merrier! \:D/

Hmmm ... this smells of downright elitism. Can Utahns come? We will go through AZ (briefly) and NV to get there, if that helps .... [-o< :lol:

I assume Indio is year-round red? So those of us who can't do a full 7 are stuck waiting for the 60 day mark?

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 10:39 am   

We'll be there with bells on!! :D :D (anyone for some bellydancing??)

:lol: \:D/

Chris

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 11:49 am   

scrappymt wrote:
Hmmm ... this smells of downright elitism. Can Utahns come? We will go through AZ (briefly) and NV to get there, if that helps .... [-o< :lol:

I assume Indio is year-round red? So those of us who can't do a full 7 are stuck waiting for the 60 day mark?

No, not year-round red but red in January. Indio the Palm Springs areas are popular with "snowbirds" during the winter. It has something like 10 white weeks and 2 blue. A bit more red than it should, but January should be a good time. I too have to wait till 60 days out.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 12:34 pm   

lconnors wrote:
No, not year-round red but red in January. Indio the Palm Springs areas are popular with "snowbirds" during the winter. It has something like 10 white weeks and 2 blue. A bit more red than it should, but January should be a good time. I too have to wait till 60 days out.

OK ... it's on my calendar to book at the 60 day point! (Along with a half-dozen other reminders ... book this, cancel that, check on the other ... I need a separate planner just for WM stuff! :shock: )

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 1:41 pm   

I will also make it a point to try and be there sometime during that period, but I can't get away for a whole week, so I will also have to wait until the 60 day mark to book. They should have a lot more units on line by then, so hopefully there will plenty of availability.

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.

PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 7:15 am   

HOTinPHX wrote:
I will also make it a point to try and be there sometime during that period, but I can't get away for a whole week, so I will also have to wait until the 60 day mark to book. They should have a lot more units on line by then, so hopefully there will plenty of availability.
Great Gary! Looking forward to seeing you at the SPUD GOO! :wave:

For those of you who missed the SEAGOO, we have two GOOs in planning- NorCal GOO @ Windsor on Nov 10, 11 and 12, and this SPUDGOO in Indio. Hope you can join us \:D/

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 7:57 pm   

kapish wrote:
Great Gary! Looking forward to seeing you at the SPUD GOO! :wave:

For those of you who missed the SEAGOO, we have two GOOs in planning- NorCal GOO @ Windsor on Nov 10, 11 and 12, and this SPUDGOO in Indio. Hope you can join us \:D/

We have our unit reserved for us and some special other people.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next