Register
It is currently Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:57 am

Credit Purgatory

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 02 May 2007 2:59 pm   

So, yesterday was my anniversary date. I anxiously checked my account today to find... no credits added. I called OS and was told they had it straightened out. I checked again and - sure enough - there were all my credits. Yeah!

But...

Later I went to plan next year's vacation, only to find that over half of my current credits were gone. I sent a request for a credit audit via the WM website, so we'll see what happens. I upgraded twice during the year AND should have had 'bonus credits' added which never came through, so I'm amazed at how complicated the credit accounting can be when WM screws it up.

The moral of the story is that I am downloading the Credit Manager and highly recommend others do as well. I'm stuck in Credit Renewal Audit Purgatory (CRAP). Don't let it happen to you! :yuck

PostPosted: Wed 02 May 2007 3:51 pm   

Very funny!

:rofl:

PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2007 1:22 pm   

BillPhi wrote:
So, yesterday was my anniversary date. I anxiously checked my account today to find... no credits added. I called OS and was told they had it straightened out. I checked again and - sure enough - there were all my credits. Yeah!

But...

Later I went to plan next year's vacation, only to find that over half of my current credits were gone. I sent a request for a credit audit via the WM website, so we'll see what happens. I upgraded twice during the year AND should have had 'bonus credits' added which never came through, so I'm amazed at how complicated the credit accounting can be when WM screws it up.

The moral of the story is that I am downloading the Credit Manager and highly recommend others do as well. I'm stuck in Credit Renewal Audit Purgatory (CRAP). Don't let it happen to you! :yuck

If not for the Credit Manager, I would not have gotten any of my "disappearing" credits back. As it is, I could not recoup 7000 of them because I didn' t keep my records at the very beginning of my ownership. I did get 5,000 of my credits restored though after two audits and 5 1/2 months.

Diana

WM: Bass Lake x1, Big Bear x16, Branson x4, Estes x1, Indio x16, Klamath x6, Las Vegas x29, LOO x1, Oceanside x67, Palm Springs x9, Reno x3, Running Y x4, Schooner Landing x1, Solvang x2, Tahoe III x 5, Yellowstone x1
Other: Cancun Resort x27, Marriot Waikiki x 3, El Conquistador x1, GPP x25, Grand Chateau x27, Marriott Buttes x2, Marriott Mesa x3, Palm Cyn Resort x23, HGVC X1, Heavenly x18, Hilton LV x1, Grand Sierra x1, Red Rock x1, Hilton Sedona x2, Pointe Hilton x3, Marriott Willow Springs x2
TS Owned: WM, Marriott G. C., MGV x 2, Palm Cyn Resort, Pac Mon x 2, Sundance, Heavenly Vy TH

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2007 2:04 pm   

Location: "To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men." A. Lincoln
I nominate C>R>A>P> for funniest post of the month

https://www.facebook.com/WorldMarkMatty

PostPosted: Fri 04 May 2007 10:21 pm   

I too have had to wade through FIFO and LIFO explanations of credit dates and shake my head.

What is the easy way?