Register
It is currently Thu 24 Sep 2020 10:14 am

NorCal GOO @ Worldmark Windsor > November 10,11 2006

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2006 6:14 pm   

Windsor:
3 bedroom Penthouse, lower floors available on Friday 11/10 (1 unit)

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2006 10:35 am   

getawayguy wrote:
\:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/
Looks like we're going to have a good turnout and good weather for our Windsor Goo next weekend. 8) If any WM owners live in the area, please stop by to meet and visit with us and to share your WM past experiences and your future vacation plans. We'll be arriving Friday afternoon and evening as well as Saturday and leaving on Sunday. :brightidea: Bring along any pix you have to share including those from other resorts besides WM. :D

This is off-topic, sorta, but related to your comment on a good turnout and good weather up here over the week-end, Ty.

We had PERFECT weather (75F and sunny blue skies) yesterday, and the turn-out was OVER 80%. Amazing!!! Best turnout I've seen in 6 years!

Oh, BTW, I'm referring to my 16 hours of civic duty, serving as an Election Official in Solano County (not so far from Windsor) yesterday, and just thought I'd share that good news. Any time you can get out the vote (80%-worth) these days, is a good news day. People were coming out of the woodwork and practically stacked on top of each other.

Hope the Windsor GOO is exciting also, with beautiful weather and an equally good turnout. Have fun all. Will look forward to the next one up here.

Lynne

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2006 10:55 am   

Thanks Lynne. We will miss you at the GOO :( I hear there is a chance of rain on Saturday ... hmmm .. so much for nice weather ...

We still plan to have a great time ... :drunk:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2006 3:42 pm   

Lou and I will be there Sat and Sun. Hope to get more details of dinner on Sat and Sun brunch. Thanks. /Sultan

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 8:09 am   

How do phil and I get in contact with others once we are at the resort? Does someone post something? I am looking forward to getting away a few days. I've been cooped up at home with two fractured radial heads (one in each arm. We were exercising more the last 3 months. Out on an evening walk I trips on the sidewalk and caught myself with my palms. The force caused the fracture at the elbows. For a few days they splinted one arm. After seeing the orthopedic doctor, she took off the splint and said only to use a sling on the left arm as needed. Referred me to PT and told me not to lift or pull. I was given permission to drive myself to PT and back.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 8:50 am   

The manager, Hugh, is aware of our gathering. Ty has already been in touch. Ty and Helen are planning to check in around 4 on Friday. You can ask at the front desk for Ty after 4 PM.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 9:15 am   

Thanks! I look forward to meeting other owners.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 9:24 am   

GOO attendees so far (as of 10/29/06 6 PM)
  • philandjan
  • CaboLH (Leann)
  • getawayguy & getawaygal (Ty & Helen)
  • Ken_from_Northern_California (Ken & Debbie)
  • Lorene
  • javanite (Maria and Tim)
  • kapish and family
  • DF (Debbi)
  • Tonya
  • Melba and Rich
  • Lou and Sultan
  • edalsneerg (Mike G.) (tentative)
Tentative Agenda
  • Fri afternoon: Check in. (kapish arriving late; hope others will get together for dinner/activities)
    >>Ken, Ty, Maria etc. arriving Friday afternoon. The manager, Hugh, will know Ty's unit info.
  • Saturday morning walk/hike (8:30 - 10:00)
  • Saturday mid-morning brunch (11-2; location TBD)
  • Saturday Dinner/GOO > 6 PM > location TBD (Lorene is working on this right now. Will post update later today.) and then night cap/get together for drinks at owner's unit.
  • Sunday checkout and brunch. [possible to do this as a potluck/BBQ]
GOO attendees: Please add your suggestions regarding restaurants, time etc. and help with the planning. If you have a great restaurant that can hold our party of 30, please post the info. ;)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 9:57 am   

\:D/ =D> :wave: Thanks, Manoj, for all the update info. Looks like we're gonna have another great NorCal Goo. :mrgreen:

Remember Angels Camp in March? :)

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 12:41 pm   

getawayguy wrote:
\:D/ =D> :wave: Thanks, Manoj, for all the update info. Looks like we're gonna have another great NorCal Goo. :mrgreen:

Remember Angels Camp in March? :)
I do and I wish we could attend again. Have fun!

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2006 7:45 pm   

Thanks Ty!

Yes!!! Soooooooo looking forward to this GOO! Lorene and I already had discussed the Saturday dinner venue - we will be getting together at Mary's Pizza Shack in Windsor. I will provide the address and directions shortly.

"Faster than a speeding bullet ... the Windsor GOO is here!!"

Believe it or not, I think we will have a larger turn out at this GOO than the ones we had earlier this year in Northern California! We are expecting about 30 people for this! It will be a fun crowd! \:D/

Saturday night dinner will be at:
    Mary's Pizza Shack
    9010 Brooks Rd
    Windsor, CA 95492

Directions:
    From WM Windsor Go East on Shiloh Rd.
    Take N-101
    Take the First exit > Go stratight at the light
    Left at the next light.
    Mary's Pizza Shack is in the same complex as Safeway.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2006 8:37 am   

Worldmark owners,

I will be there with both my mother and father in tow this time. We will show up at the brunch. I need details.......

Mike :wave:

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2006 8:43 am   

Mike, looking forward to meeting your parents and yourself at the GOO. Are you staying Saturday night? Thanks.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2006 10:40 pm   

Greetings all! We have the Windsor GOO under way!! So far the following people have checked in, and we are waiting for the rest of the gang.

getawayguy (Ty and Helen)
DF (Debbi)
Ken and Debbie (platinum29 AKA ken-from-nor-cal)
Maria and family (javanite)
Phil and Jan
kapish and family

Ty/Helen, Phil/Jan, Ken/Debbi, and Debbi had already connected and they have already gotten together for dinner tonight at Johnny Garlics!

We will be getting together at the lobby at 8:30 tomorrow morning to go for the hike. We will hike for an hour and get back to the resort by 10:30.

We will then head for lunch at KC's Downtown Grill in old Downtown Windsor KCs Downtown Grill. 9501 Duvander Windsor, CA 95492 (707-838-7800)
(From the Windsor resort, turn right on Shiloh Rd. continue driving until you come to the "T" turn right and continue until you get to old downtown. Look for Duvander and turn right.)

After lunch, we will be back at the resort lobby/hot tub from 2 to 5. Then we will be getting to Mary's Pizza Shack for dinner at 6.

After dinner at Mary's we will gather again for hot tub/GOO \:D/

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. :wave:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2006 11:05 pm   

Hi All!

I'm here too - along with my friend CJ - but we didn't get to see you all tonight. We'll miss the hike in the morning, but see you at lunch and dinner!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel (AKA Dr. Seuss)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next