Register
It is currently Sat 15 Aug 2020 3:19 am

NorCal GOO @ Worldmark Windsor > August 9 2006

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul 2006 9:39 am   

Thanks to those who PM'd me that "my" studio was available yesterday. It was gone by the time I got to the WM site. =; Really appreciate the team effort.

As it was, I got a 2-bedroom on BT the day before. Just in case anyone has a studio and wants a 2-bedroom on August 9, there is only one of me and I'm willing to trade if someone needs more space for more people on the 9th. PM me with possibilities.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it, soon. \:D/

Thanks, Lynne

PostPosted: Thu 03 Aug 2006 6:57 am   

There are currently 2 two-bedroom twin units available for night of Aug 9

PostPosted: Sun 06 Aug 2006 9:01 pm   

Let the count down begin! 3 days to Windsor GOO!! \:D/

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 6:40 am   

So far we have the following people coming to the GOO om the 9th:
  1. scrappymt (Marci)
  2. platinum (Lynne)
  3. kapish (Manoj)
  4. tonya (Tonya)
  5. lorene (Lorene)
  6. wmsonoma (J.R)
  7. getawayguy & getawaygal (Ty and Helen)
  8. melbaj (Melba and her friends)
  9. swift (Theresa from TUG who lives in Windsor)
  10. edalsneerg(Mike)

windsordebbie, I have sent PMs and emails to you. Looks like we will miss you at the GOO.

Am I missing anyone else? If others can make it to the GOO pelase PM me and drop by.

I hope to see pictures from your travels and hear stories from your adventures ;)

Last edited by kapish on Tue 08 Aug 2006 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 7:07 am   

Manoj (Mr. Cheerleader),

Have you forgotten anyone? Hint-hint. =D>

Lynne

PS: Are we just getting together at Mary's Pizza Shack, or still meeting by the pool around 3pm?

PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 7:33 am   

platinum wrote:
Manoj (Mr. Cheerleader),

Have you forgotten anyone? Hint-hint. =D>

Lynne

PS: Are we just getting together at Mary's Pizza Shack, or still meeting by the pool around 3pm?
Hi Lynne, Sorry about that. I guess I am still recovering from the weekend :drunk: We are still planning to get together by the pool by 3 PM Wednesday and then will move the party over to Mary's Piazza Shack at 6.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 7:40 am   

kapish wrote:
Hi Lynne, Sorry about that. I guess I am still recovering from the weekend :drunk: We are still planning to get together by the pool by 3 PM Wednesday and then will move the party over to Mary's Piazza Shack at 6.

Oh goodie. Big time GOO subject! What Manoj did over the week-end! =D> I bring no pictures, as everyone else has great ones. It's summer, and I'm in relaxation mode. Hopefully Shiva can get another great group shot. No birthday cake this time, I assume? Ty already had his. :-#

PS: Edited to say thanks for updating the list, especially with our first names. That helps. Also, I don't have pictures but have plenty of stories. I used to travel in Europe with a guy (just a friend, not a boyfriend) who had been to 99 countries. Very impressive guy. Learned alot from him. He never took pictures, except he would haul out his camera once in each city. Just to remember that particular trip. He had a photographic memory and had more travel stories than anyone I've ever met. Whew. Those were the good old days. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 1:52 pm   

If I am reading the date correctly Goo is for Wednesday. I have that day off and once I get mom back from the oncologist's appointment, I can run over to Windsor to make an appearance.

I'll give my cell phone # to Manoj

Hope to see you all there.
Mike

Gifted out:
Jan 2005 Flextime 7 night Carnival Cruise to the Mexican Riveria for Parents
Kehei for brother (they loved it)
Kehei for friends (they loved it)

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 3:56 pm   

Hey Mike,

Make sure to make an appearance around "food time." Looking forward to meeting the guy who finds and shares all the awesome media articles.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 5:42 pm   

Lynne and Mike, thanks so much for keeping this thread alive \:D/ I am sorry, I have been away most of the day.

Mike, glad you are able to make it to the GOO. It will be fun! :mrgreen:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 12:58 pm   

I have sent a note to Sultan_SFO reminding him of the GOO, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 1:14 pm   

Hey there,

I know most of you have seen my postings in "Hidden Little Jewels of the Backroads" postings.

I will bring along a fun little informational DVD video that I purchased online from the people restoring the resort (S). The DVD video shows the restoration of my favorite Southern Indiana resort, West Baden Springs.

The video 25 minutes shows historical photos and goes all the way through the restoration up to date.

You have to see this place to believe it. If we are destined to be in the mid-west with resorts such as Galena and Wisconsin Dells, then I would like our group to be educated about these resorts.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 1:23 pm   

I think it is a great idea. Bring the DVD and see how many are interested in watching it. We probably could watch it on the DVD/TV set near the lobby. Thanks Mike. :wave:

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 1:38 pm   

"Faster than a speeding bullet ... the Windsor GOO is here!!"

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 2:59 pm   

edalsneerg wrote:
Hey there,

I know most of you have seen my postings in "Hidden Little Jewels of the Backroads" postings.

I will bring along a fun little informational DVD video that I purchased online from the people restoring the resort (S). The DVD video shows the restoration of my favorite Southern Indiana resort, West Baden Springs.

The video 25 minutes shows historical photos and goes all the way through the restoration up to date.

You have to see this place to believe it. If we are destined to be in the mid-west with resorts such as Galena and Wisconsin Dells, then I would like our group to be educated about these resorts.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Mike,

Haven't seen that thread as yet, but as you --- I love the Midwest, even though I'm a born and bred California girl. Have done many roadtrips throughout the Midwest over the years.

I was in Southern Indiana last year for awhile (a friend's wedding) and also in Kentucky and Tennessee (the FF in Nashville is awesome, for any WM owners who want to try to get those two units).

The American history in the area (I was in New Albany and Jeffersonville, Indiana) assocated with the Ohio River ---- Lewis and Clark, etc. --- is awesome. I want to go back when I don't get soaked.

The two days I was in Southern Indiana (right across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY) I was seeing all this advertising (from the Visitor's Bureau): "Southern Indiana --- the Sunny Side of Louisville", and the sun never came out, even though it was Spring. Funny.

See you tomorrow. I'll look at your DVD.

Lynne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next