Register
It is currently Wed 22 Feb 2017 11:36 pm

WorldMark Credits Not Shuffling?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2016 6:14 am   

Crystal:
That is the way it is supposed to work, but it is NOT working. I have made fake reservations which should have pulled forward all of the old credits. I thought I had them all, but there were still over 2K hiding in a later reservation which didn't come forward to where I could see it.

I think it has to do with "assigned credits" (credits rented in), and possibly having both WM and WM+A assigned credits in the account.

Tom:
I don't usually have an expiring credit problem either, but a couple of odd circumstances caused a backlog of credits this past year. Plus the fact that I made two deposits into II and these did not take the oldest possible credits - that was my fault - learning experience. I now know I have to ask the agent to check all of the reservations and pull forward the oldest credits before they take the credits for a deposit.
I cannot assume that I have identified the oldest credits myself (since I can't see the credits in each reservation.)

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2016 9:48 am   

I think it is broader than that. I have received any assigned credits in over 5 years, and have this problem. Only WM credits in my acct.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2016 10:50 am   

I was purely guessing at what the difficulty might be, and thought that the two types of credits rented in might have been a factor. Since that is not the case for you, then I don't have any other guesses at what has caused the program to fail.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2016 11:58 am   

I think that if brought in credits shuffle, it may be more difficult for a VPC to work out the number of cRedits brought into the account per september 1st rule.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2016 3:21 pm   

I suspect a connection to the Sept change and the programming needed to track it. I've noticed over the years problems seem to impact different owners at different times. I haven't had any problems with credit shuffling in either of my 2 accounts with a variety of type of credits. However, given this notice, I will be on the alert to make sure to catch it when it does impact me.

It appears to me that programming changes are sometimes applied to different batches of owners. I first noticed it years ago when some owners couldn't see all the resorts in the drop down menu. We had a lot of discussion trying to figure out why it impacted some but not others. The worst was a few years ago when credits were appearing and disappearing without any notice or explanation. Others reported it first in late summer, I got hit in the fall and others reported it appearing early the next spring. This may be something similar with the shuffle turned off for a set of accounts while they work on something and it may then apply to the rest of us in stages. When it comes to Wyndham programming, caution is always called for.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn.

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2016 7:53 pm   

I have an account that hasnt shuffledfor a week, same account went all of October without a shuffle, then one day in november it suffled, not sure if has shuffled since, I book cancel etc., to try and get it to shuffle, no luck

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2016 10:44 pm   

Seems to be hit and miss. Two days ago I cancelled a reservation that had a small number of already expired credits in it. When I went to cancel online it warned me that they were expired (I guess I've never had to cancel a res with expired credits before so that was a great new-to-me feature!). I called an OCR and she told me not to worry, that they would shuffle into an existing reservation over night, but that I could take a note of it and if they DIDN'T shuffle I should call back so they could investigate.

She went ahead and cancelled it for me while I was on the phone. I then checked my account and they showed as available in the credit detail screen with the past due expiration date. The next day they had shuffled and my credit balance remained but with a future expiration date. I had five reservations on the books so no clue as to which they shuffled into. Hopefully I won't have to cancel and find out! ;)

Wish I had taken print screens to share....

*As of Apr2016* 97 reservations, 32 properties, 369 total nights including:
Visited: (partial list in rough order of favorites) Kapa'a Shore, Las Vegas Blvd, The Camlin, Arrow Point, Sydney Suites, Orlando Reunion, SanFran, Rotorua, Reno, Leavenworth
Gifted: (partial list) Coral Baja, Denarau Island, Birch Bay, Depoe Bay, Royal Kuhio, Windsor, The Canadian

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2016 7:43 am   

Do NOT rely on the "feature" that tells you whether you have expired credits in a reservation. I have had many reservations with expired credits and when I had pressed the cancel button, that "feature" has not appeared when it should have.

In my opinion, you were given bad advice to leave those credits "loose" in your account. The "shuffle" program is supposed to run before the "delete expired credits" program. But, what if it doesn't? What if "shuffle" fails, but "delete expired credits" runs, or someone manually kicks off "delete expired credits"?

It is much wiser to keep all expired credits and token tied to a reservation before the close of business each night.

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2016 9:46 am   

shayla.scott wrote:
. I had five reservations on the books so no clue as to which they shuffled into. Hopefully I won't have to cancel and find out! ;)

Wish I had taken print screens to share....

Shayla -

No need to guess. Just have a notepad ready and call OS and have them look up each ressy and tell you the dates of the credits and HKTs. I've done that a few times and they don't seem to get too upset with me - or should I say I haven't had the phone go dead after I tell the person my name YET! :roll:

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jan 2017 6:39 am   

I recommend Alexis in Owner Care, she is in the Missouri office. She has lots of experience with issues relating to credits not shuffling correctly. She had to manually shuffle my account for a month while IT fixed a glitch that had one reservation that would only accept anniversary credits and would not accept assigned or incentive credits.