Register
It is currently Tue 02 Jun 2020 7:26 am

II Cancellations due to Covid-19

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 12:45 pm   

I spoke to II yesterday.

If you need to cancel an exchange arriving by April 30, 2020, you have two options:

1. Receive an Accommodation Certificate without restriction of resorts to retraded for. You have until 12/31/20 to use the Certification and can only be used 30 days prior to arrival. No additional fees.

2. Receive an Accommodation Certificate without restriction of resorts to retraded for. You have until one year, from cancellation, to use the Certification and can be used anytime. A new exchange fee will be charged.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 1:23 pm   

I worked with Mark via the tug/Interval connection. The choices are as atom laid out. However, if there is something in inventory that you want, you can get that instead of the certificate.

I had an exchange of a blue Palm Springs into Whispering Woods for Apr 5
An AC into Running Y for Apr 11 (cost $299).

I also had an exchange using a white Bass Lake week into Sunrise Ridge on Vancouver Island for Oct 23. This one had 2 eplus trades remaining with a booking deadline of the eplus of Dec 19, 2021. So I asked that he eplus this to a Welk week for Dec 11, 2021. There is now 1 eplus remaining and I have a year to find something else (won't be able to use the Welk).
He then cancelled the Whispering Woods and used the Palm Springs to book the Sunrise Ridge (something that week likely would not have pulled). This move did not use one of my remaining eplus retrades so I still have 2 of those.
The Running Y was rebooked into Thanksgiving at WM Victoria. I mentioned the Victoria weeks as a back up option if I couldn't get the Sunrise Ridge change, but he offered that as an option for the AC week.

I consider this way more than I expected under the circumstances and am very happy.

I sent the email to Mark at 10 this morning and received the call back a couple hours later. Excellent service!

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 5:45 pm   

Thanks for sharing that Sue.

Our WDW is going to be toast now that Shelter in Place has occurred in our area. I started searches for later this summer to use up the RCI week. Since we normally travel during Easter vacation and summer, we are hoping to reschedule the WDW to summer.

But our next vacation may be affected. I'll keep Mark in mind in case II extends its "cancellation exception" date parameters to the date of our exchange.

Our son's school was shut down for at least three weeks, plus the Easter vacation week. We're waiting/hoping that "online learning" will commence, so that school ends on the same date originally planned, otherwise, Ko Olina must be moved.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 7:10 pm   

I also retraded a May exchange. It was almost to the 60 day point, but when I heard that Canada was telling its citizens to not travel and, if they did, to quarantine for 14 days, I decided sooner was better than later. I think there will be a lot of competition for fall weeks as people need to move their exchanges.

I traded into Timber Lodge for Sept 27. There are a bunch of fall/winter weeks available now.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar 2020 3:22 am   

atom wrote:
I spoke to II yesterday.

If you need to cancel an exchange arriving by April 30, 2020, you have two options:

1. Receive an Accommodation Certificate without restriction of resorts to retraded for. You have until 12/31/20 to use the Certification and can only be used 30 days prior to arrival. No additional fees.

2. Receive an Accommodation Certificate without restriction of resorts to retraded for. You have until one year, from cancellation, to use the Certification and can be used anytime. A new exchange fee will be charged.

I cancelled my week at the Marriott's Timber Lodge (March 22 check-in) and received the Accomodation Certificate. The so called without restrictions Certificate is in fact very restricted. Many areas are restricted as shown below. I'll be calling Customer Relations first thing this morning.

Detailed Restrictions Listed:

All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date DECEMBER 31, 2020.

Certificate not valid for 16DEC to 31DEC travel dates.

Certificate not valid for 01JAN to 14MAR travel dates.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Tampa Bay,California, Kirkwood,California, Southern Coast,California, Big Bear Lake,California, San Diego Area,California, Northern National Forests,California, San Francisco,California, Napa Valley,Hawaii, Oahu,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,

This certificate has no cash value.

Gleneden Beach,Depoe Bay,Seaside,Running Y,Eagle Crest,7th Mountain,Lake Chelan,Leavenworth,Canmore,Vancouver, Arrow Point,Long Beach,Mariner Village,NV-South Shore,Angels Camp,Bass Lake,Clear Lake,Marina Dunes,Pismo,Oceanside,Indio,St. George,Phoenix,Kihei,Kapaa,Valley Isle,Kona,Windsor,Las Vegas Blvd,Daytona Beach,Kingstown Reef,Isla Mujeres
Marriott's:
Maui Napili Villas & Ocean Club,Waiohai,Ko Olina,Timber Lodge,Grand Chateau,Newport Coast Villas,Cypress Harbour,Ocean Pointe,Aruba Surf Club,Phuket,Desert Springs l&ll,Canyon Villas,OceanWatch
Other:
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos & Cabo,Berkshire on the Ocean,Whaler On Kaanapali,Westin Ka'anapili & Nanea & Princeville & Lagunamar,Hanalei Bay Resort,The Cliffs Club,The Bay Club Waikoloa Beach,Polo Tower Suites,Four Seasons Aviara & Scottsdale, The Banyan Resort,Charter Club Naples Bay,The Royal Islander & Caribbean,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Wyndham Shearwater

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:40 am   

The key is to have a specific week in mind that you can trade into. This is especially true if you had eplus on the week. The trade will preserve the remaining eplus trades so you can retrade again later.

Find something in Dec which will give you as much time as possible to figure it out. Remember that you aren't comparing the new week with what you originally had, but rather with the certificate so don't be picky. Give them something to work with and remember they are slammed on the phone so make it easy and quick for them and you will have a better chance of getting it done.

Sue

PostPosted: Fri 20 Mar 2020 1:02 am   

sue1947 wrote:
The key is to have a specific week in mind that you can trade into. This is especially true if you had eplus on the week. The trade will preserve the remaining eplus trades so you can retrade again later.

Find something in Dec which will give you as much time as possible to figure it out. Remember that you aren't comparing the new week with what you originally had, but rather with the certificate so don't be picky. Give them something to work with and remember they are slammed on the phone so make it easy and quick for them and you will have a better chance of getting it done.

Sue

Sue, thank you for reminding us to be easy and quick for the reps. I cannot imagine the calls they are getting. We have a May 1st check in date, ours fall under option 2 from Atom's post above. We have one year from the date of cancellation to rebook ours within a 59 day window because our reservation was a Flexchange. The rep was very courteous and informative. We will postpone our cancellation until mid April to take advantage of the one year period as far into Spring as we can to hopefully get some place warm and sunny next Spring. The gal did say if things get worse, they may change their policies. Please post change updates as you hear them. Thanks and take care, everyone!

PostPosted: Fri 20 Mar 2020 3:06 am   

I talked to an upper level Customer Relations agent that was happy to change the Accommodation Certificate to one without any restrictions except the following:

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale.

Eliminating the restrictions was important to me because we travel regularly to Hawaii, Florida, and California.

The agent did not rush our conversation and seemed very happy to help me out. He indicated that the first Accommodation Certificate I received with restrictions was likely a mistake.

Gleneden Beach,Depoe Bay,Seaside,Running Y,Eagle Crest,7th Mountain,Lake Chelan,Leavenworth,Canmore,Vancouver, Arrow Point,Long Beach,Mariner Village,NV-South Shore,Angels Camp,Bass Lake,Clear Lake,Marina Dunes,Pismo,Oceanside,Indio,St. George,Phoenix,Kihei,Kapaa,Valley Isle,Kona,Windsor,Las Vegas Blvd,Daytona Beach,Kingstown Reef,Isla Mujeres
Marriott's:
Maui Napili Villas & Ocean Club,Waiohai,Ko Olina,Timber Lodge,Grand Chateau,Newport Coast Villas,Cypress Harbour,Ocean Pointe,Aruba Surf Club,Phuket,Desert Springs l&ll,Canyon Villas,OceanWatch
Other:
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos & Cabo,Berkshire on the Ocean,Whaler On Kaanapali,Westin Ka'anapili & Nanea & Princeville & Lagunamar,Hanalei Bay Resort,The Cliffs Club,The Bay Club Waikoloa Beach,Polo Tower Suites,Four Seasons Aviara & Scottsdale, The Banyan Resort,Charter Club Naples Bay,The Royal Islander & Caribbean,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Wyndham Shearwater

PostPosted: Fri 20 Mar 2020 8:05 am   

I'm glad to hear that. I may be in the same boat if travel is still restricted at the end of May.
Thanks for letting us know.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar 2020 10:44 am   

I have a two bedroom Four Seasons Aviara booked for May 8th with three retrades left that was booked in flexchange. To extend the trade I assume I need to book another two bedroom. If I book a Marriott two bedroom for May 30 - June 6 to extend my trade would I still have enough trade power to trade back into a two bedroom at the Four Seasons? (Just checking to see if anyone has experience with this?) The Four Seasons is what I really want but it seems unlikely things will be back to normal by then.

WM Visits: Bear Lake, Wolf Creek 15, Oceanside 5, Discovery Bay, Las Vegas 6, Lake of the Ozarks, Orlando, FF Pompano Beach, St. George 9, Corla Baja, Kihei, McCall, Midway, Estes Park, Depoe Bay, Bass Lake, West Yellowstone, Sundance, Park City

Exchanges: Sol Mar (Cabo) Marriott Mountainside (Park City) Oyster Bay Beach Restort (St. Martin) Lawai Beach Resort (Kauai). Marriott Maui Beach Club (Maui), Ptarmagin (Whitefish, MT) Kona Coast Resort (Big Island), Royal Sands (Cancun), Marriott Grande Vista (Orlando), Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Harbor Ridge (Maine), Paniola Greens (Hawaii), Marriott Canyon Villas at Deseret Ridge (Phoenix), Four Seasons Aviara, Marriott Kauai Beach Club The Point at Poipu, Royal Islander

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar 2020 12:03 pm   

beacgnin5 wrote:
I have a two bedroom Four Seasons Aviara booked for May 8th with three retrades left that was booked in flexchange. To extend the trade I assume I need to book another two bedroom. If I book a Marriott two bedroom for May 30 - June 6 to extend my trade would I still have enough trade power to trade back into a two bedroom at the Four Seasons? (Just checking to see if anyone has experience with this?) The Four Seasons is what I really want but it seems unlikely things will be back to normal by then.

Trade power won't be an issue. Availability will be. If you can find it, you should be able to book it, if it is available. If travel is back open then, you will be competing with a lot of other folks, but the economy may keep them at home. Normally, the chance of getting a summer week at FSA is essentially 0; those weeks just aren't deposited. So trading into a late May week and then rebooking within 60 days of that will only be likely if nobody is traveling.

Option B: Call II and see if you can get them to move that week to a week late in the year. They will have to override the 60 day limit, which they have been doing. However, you booked this after things started going south so I'm not sure if the booking date plays into it. It's worth a try. Have a week in mind to trade into; make it something you wouldn't mind using. However, also ask to have the date restriction lifted or extended to the end of the year. When I moved mine, the original 'use by' date stayed with the week. So while I was able to move one to late October, the latest I can search is the original date of Sept. In your case, that may mean early July.

Sue

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:33 pm   

Thank you. Knowing that trading power is not a problem is very helpful. I made the request before Covid19 was an issue and it came through when I was traveling without any form of reception so I couldn't cancel in time. I was thinking of walking the reservation forward as much as I could with the retrades and hoping for a fall booking. I will call II and see what they say. How did you contact the Tug/Interval person?

Thanks again.

WM Visits: Bear Lake, Wolf Creek 15, Oceanside 5, Discovery Bay, Las Vegas 6, Lake of the Ozarks, Orlando, FF Pompano Beach, St. George 9, Corla Baja, Kihei, McCall, Midway, Estes Park, Depoe Bay, Bass Lake, West Yellowstone, Sundance, Park City

Exchanges: Sol Mar (Cabo) Marriott Mountainside (Park City) Oyster Bay Beach Restort (St. Martin) Lawai Beach Resort (Kauai). Marriott Maui Beach Club (Maui), Ptarmagin (Whitefish, MT) Kona Coast Resort (Big Island), Royal Sands (Cancun), Marriott Grande Vista (Orlando), Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Harbor Ridge (Maine), Paniola Greens (Hawaii), Marriott Canyon Villas at Deseret Ridge (Phoenix), Four Seasons Aviara, Marriott Kauai Beach Club The Point at Poipu, Royal Islander

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar 2020 3:54 pm   

beacgnin5 wrote:
Thank you. Knowing that trading power is not a problem is very helpful. I made the request before Covid19 was an issue and it came through when I was traveling without any form of reception so I couldn't cancel in time. I was thinking of walking the reservation forward as much as I could with the retrades and hoping for a fall booking. I will call II and see what they say. How did you contact the Tug/Interval person?

Thanks again.

via this thread: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/interval-international-provides-direct-email-for-tug-member-support.198023/

Sue

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr 2020 12:32 pm   

II has updated it's cancellation policy.

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr 2020 3:20 pm   

beacgnin5 wrote:
II has updated it's cancellation policy.

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year

Are you required to book something currently available or do they give you a "My Unit" with which you can establish a pending search?