Register
It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:48 am

II Deposits Received, and Their Trade Power

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 PostPosted: Fri 16 Aug 2019 3:12 am   

Great3 wrote:

Today, I logged into my II account, and I see:

WorldMark Grand Lake - WGN
Unit: UUU2(2 Bedrooms)
Week: 49 Fri, December 07, 2018 Fri, December 14, 2018

From what I read, it seems like it's will be a dog, but I guess I will find out. I will report back later what it got traded for.

Thanks,
Great3

Well, this one was a lot harder to find an exchange for what I wanted, but I am happy to report I ended getting a studio in Maui, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North (KAN), for Sept. next year. Would have prefer a one bedroom, but hey, at least I got Hawaii still :)

From what I read so far, it seems like all the studios at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North (KAN) have a 2-burner cooktop, large Refrigerator, and Washer/Dryer, which are the biggest reasons why I want a 1 bedroom in the first place. So, it seems like a Westin studio in Maui will work well enough for me, and I feel very lucky to be able to get this trade with a WorldMark Grand Lake unit.

Great3

PostPosted: Fri 16 Aug 2019 5:54 am   

Congratulations! The WKORVN studios are the best studios I've seen. You will enjoy it!

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug 2019 10:48 am   

Good trade!! Westin studios are nice - both Ka’anapali and Princeville!

PostPosted: Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:33 am   

Asked to transfer 2 - 2 br 6000 pt green weeks & received 2 - Grand Lake wk 49 about 2 wks later. Time to try out this e+ trading magic! [-o<

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2019 8:31 am   

TheOptimist wrote:
Asked to transfer 2 - 2 br 6000 pt green weeks & received 2 - Grand Lake wk 49 about 2 wks later. Time to try out this e+ trading magic! [-o<

Just matched to:
The Kona Coast Resort Phase II - KON
Unit: 1BED (1 Bedroom) Week: 47
Sat, November 21, 2020 - Sat, November 28, 2020

It's Thanksgiving week, it doesn't work for us so we let it go, but if anyone else wants it set up your request now & maybe you can pick it up?

PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug 2019 5:04 am   

A holiday week on the Big Island for 6k + fees, is pretty impressive!

PostPosted: Thu 29 Aug 2019 2:29 pm   

Light speed deposit. I called in on Monday and the deposit was in my account today, Thursday.
2 BR Bass Lake week 43 TDI 110. I got pretty excited until I remembered I deposited a white season week to use up some expiring credits. But it's still a very good week.
I was curious to see what the extra 2000 credits would get me. To compare: my last deposit was a pair of blue 2 BR Palm Springs week 30 = TDI 90. They were actually a white week so the deposit was better than normal. Looking back at the previous 5 years of blue 2 BR deposits, they were mostly TDI of 50-65. In 2016, I got 2 Seaside deposits which had a TDI of 70 and 75 and got me into FSA. I haven't seen any report of Seaside deposits since (or very many FSA deposits for that matter; the glory days are gone). Looking at the previous 10 years: I received a nice mix of resorts ranging mostly between 70-90 with 2 low end Grand Lake (60) and Wolf Creek (65) and 1 white week at Big Bear for a TDI of 110. The latter was after there seemed to be a struggle between II and WM over the quality and number of resorts deposited and they seemed to hand out better deposits when it was settled. I suspect something similar is happening now with the large number of deposits made last spring. There are still duds out there, but at least the chances of getting something decent is better than when all the deposits were frozen tundra weeks in OK or Missouri.

Also noted that the week I received has already been traded for. I wonder if they prioritize those weeks as 2019 winds down?

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Aug 2019 5:15 pm   

Wow! that is the fastest report I have heard of.
So week 43 is Halloween? Yosemite might still be a draw during that week.
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep 2019 12:58 pm   

TheOptimist wrote:
TheOptimist wrote:

Just matched to:
The Kona Coast Resort Phase II - KON
Unit: 1BED (1 Bedroom) Week: 47
Sat, November 21, 2020 - Sat, November 28, 2020

It's Thanksgiving week, it doesn't work for us so we let it go, but if anyone else wants it set up your request now & maybe you can pick it up?

Glad I sent it back. I like this better!

Hanalei Bay Resort - HAN
Unit: 2BED (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 45

This definitely exceeds my expectations for trading with a Grand Lake deposit :D

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep 2019 8:51 am   

I've read that the view from Hanalei Bay is very nice. Be sure to read reviews for the resort/units.

I've stayed at Kona Coast, and enjoyed it very much.

I agree that many nice resorts in Hawaii are a terrific exchange with a 6K deposit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33