Register
It is currently Sun 28 May 2017 1:05 pm

Disneyworld February 2017

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2017 2:31 pm   

I am a member of Interval, NOT RCI. For going to Disneyworld, what are the preferred resorts on Interval and liklihood of hitting (for February 2017).

What about RCI?

When I did a search for February there were a lot of 1 bedrooms available on Interval with wide ranging reviews. I'm not familiar with the area but are there some that have a tram or complimentary bus to the Disney parks?

We won't be spending a lot of time in the unit so location is more important to us, but at the same time we don't want to stay in a dump.

Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2017 3:49 pm   

RCI has Disney Vacations.

If you are not on Lake Buena Vista, you are probably not going to have a free shuttle to DW. Since you are Flex time, any Marriott will be good, but no free shuttles. The WM properties are well liked, but again, no free shuttles.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2017 7:59 pm   

atom wrote:
RCI has Disney Vacations.

If you are not on Lake Buena Vista, you are probably not going to have a free shuttle to DW. Since you are Flex time, any Marriott will be good, but no free shuttles. The WM properties are well liked, but again, no free shuttles.

Think there is any luck getting any of the Disney Vacation properties in February 2017?

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2017 8:23 pm   

wmviewer wrote:

Think there is any luck getting any of the Disney Vacation properties in February 2017?

None if you only have II.
Do you have the II AC? There have been quite a few Orlando Marriott weeks showing up with a week of check in. If you are looking for a Feb week that is not a school holiday week, you might be able to get it for $274. You could book one of the WM and cancel if the AC comes in.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 1:49 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
wmviewer wrote:

None if you only have II.
Do you have the II AC? There have been quite a few Orlando Marriott weeks showing up with a week of check in. If you are looking for a Feb week that is not a school holiday week, you might be able to get it for $274. You could book one of the WM and cancel if the AC comes in.

Sue

hehe, yeah, I am willing to sign up for RCI if there is a chance of getting a Disney Vacation in Feb 2017 but if based upon people's experience that it is extremely difficult and almost no chance then I won't sign up for RCI.

I had a AC but when I login to II now I don't see anything about having an AC. :(

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 2:01 pm   

wmviewer wrote:

hehe, yeah, I am willing to sign up for RCI if there is a chance of getting a Disney Vacation in Feb 2017 but if based upon people's experience that it is extremely difficult and almost no chance then I won't sign up for RCI.

I had a AC but when I login to II now I don't see anything about having an AC. :(

IMO, it's not worth signing up for RCI for the very small chance of getting into RCI.

For the AC, look under My Units and see if you have the AC. They used to be pretty limited. However, the current one has been pretty dynamic with more locations and options opening up the closer you get to check-in.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 5:43 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
wmviewer wrote:

IMO, it's not worth signing up for RCI for the very small chance of getting into RCI.

For the AC, look under My Units and see if you have the AC. They used to be pretty limited. However, the current one has been pretty dynamic with more locations and options opening up the closer you get to check-in.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Yes in fact I have an AC and looks like there is availability for first week of February for an off brand location for one bedroom. The others are west gate and only studios.

I'll have to read up on using AC in terms of cost versus ifi just use points since we are within 59 days.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 7:44 pm   

There are lots of getaways available... more choices.