Register
It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 5:38 pm

I broke both my wrists!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 4:49 pm   

On August 30 I fell down the (carpeted) stairs in our house. How? Who knows! One minute I was at the top of the stairs, the next second I was at the bottom!
I had a concussion, 6 stitches above my right eye, a black right eye, both my wrists broken, a sprained ankle, did a number on my right knee along with multiple bruises and abrasions. I never knew one person could be so black and blue!
I was taken to the trauma room of the ER then surgery. It was 10 hours from admittance to discharge.
I've since gone for my 10 day check up and my bones are healing just fine. The stitches are out. Home Health came for 2-1/2 weeks and I was discharged from Home Health today.
Today the Dermatologist advised me how to take care of my wounds.
Next Orthopedic doctor's appointment in a 3 weeks.
As Sergeant Phil Esterhaus used to say on Hill Street Blues, "Let's be Careful out there."

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 5:30 pm   

Time for a one story abode Dixie! Oops - too late. Glad you are showing progress.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villas, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avaria, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas, Marriott Shadow Ridge Vikkages, Sheratin Desert Oasis, more to come.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 7:00 pm   

DixieDeer wrote:
On August 30 I fell down the (carpeted) stairs in our house. How? Who knows! One minute I was at the top of the stairs, the next second I was at the bottom!

Good grief!!

I have read previously that most accidents happen around the home. I guess you are attempting to prove what is already known? :roll:

Get well soon!!

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 8:38 pm   

Wishing you a speedy recovery! X

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 4:06 am   

Hope you are healing well and feeling better. Everyone has their own nitch and it sounds like you are a professional at falling. You did it much better then anyone I've ever heard of.
Do not, I repeat Do not go into the stunt business.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 7:43 am   

What a terrible fall - I'm happy to know you're recovering. And you are to type ;) Keep us apprised of your progress, and may you have a very speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 7:54 am   

Yikes! What an ordeal, glad you are on the mend.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:28 am   

OMG, the year of "Bad Falls"!. Glad you are getting better. Ann too!
First my poor daughter blacked-out, fell down the stairs & suffered a compound fracture. Then couple weeks ago, my 12 month old husky lunged on her extension leash, pulling me down head first, slamming my head into the hard ground. Besides a black & blue knee and a black eye, my upper right mouth is still numb.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan

Last edited by wanderwoman on Tue 19 Sep 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 1:47 pm   

Wow, Judy, I didn't know about your fall!!! So Sorry! As you know, My broken humerus, pelvis and foot are on the mend, but the arm exercises hurt like ~<#%}:;().

Dixie says she has lots of wildlife to look at.... hope our cougar population is nil this year!

How is your daughter doing?

[-o< A

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 2:59 pm   

Ann and Dixie--your tough acts to follow. Glad to hear your both doing better.

Hope to hear from you in future Dixie.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 4:31 pm   

herindoors wrote:
Wow, Judy, I didn't know about your fall!!! So Sorry! As you know, My broken humerus, pelvis and foot are on the mend, but the arm exercises hurt like ~<#%}:;().

Dixie says she has lots of wildlife to look at.... hope our cougar population is nil this year!

How is your daughter doing?

[-o< A

Glad to know you and Dixie are better too. Yeah, school of hard knocks lately! Jessie must stay off her leg/ankle but is improving. My fall knocked me silly. I was xrayed for a maxillary fracture, but it was not. Must wait and see if numbness dissipates (hopefully).

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan