Register
It is currently Sat 22 Jul 2017 1:04 am

Seaside Waitlist came through!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul 2017 7:25 am   

We have been on the waitlist at Seaside since July 2, 2016 for another 2- or 3-bedroom for August 2-9, 2017. A 2-bedroom came available yesterday afternoon (we were a "level 2")!

Since I got up at the crack of dawn last year and got a 3-bedroom for August 2-9 this year, relatives have been coming out of the woodwork wanting to come with us. With a 2-bedroom and a 3-bedroom we plan to have a mini-family reunion in 2½ weeks.

Any suggestions on what to do. Adults + two 10-year old grandchildren. Although just DH and I have been to Long Beach, WA, we've never been to Seaside.

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul 2017 8:18 am   

I'm glad it worked out for you. That's going to be a lovely vacation.

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul 2017 8:44 am   

Definitely visit Cannon Beach at lower tide, as there are tide pools near the huge rock. The beach is beautiful and I'm sure the 10year olds will love seeing the little creatures on the rocks and in those little pools.

There is also a little aquarium near to the resort.... think there are only seals there, but you can can pay to feed them.

Astoria is not far away where the Goonies was filmed. Also a fort is nearby.... don't know which one! Lol. But, you are in Lewis and Clark territory.

Have fun!