Register
It is currently Fri 25 May 2018 11:54 pm

Depoe Bay question

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jun 2004 8:53 am   

:D

I notice on the E-Booking for WM...........................there are different phases at Depoe Bay...............can someone please tell me what is the better location and what the difference is between phas I & II.
Any info would be appreciated.
Marlene

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jun 2004 11:26 am   

Welcome!

We're planning a GOO for the 8th of July, at Gleneden, some of us will be staying at DB and going over for the GOO.

Do you have some time reserved at DB yet?

Basically, Ph I and Ph II are pretty similar. Ph I was built first, then a couple years later, Ph II was added when the adjacent RV park land was aquired. All units face the ocean, however, a few in PH II, at the south end, overlook more of the little cove there.

I've only stayed in PH II once...seem to remember there may not be a jetted tub in their master bedrooms. Ph I fractionals all have jetted tubs in the master bathroom. Ph I is closer to the check in lobby, the outdoor pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean, and the Ph I clubhouse with the indoor pool. There is another clubhouse, and indoor/outdoor pool, with kids wading pool and hot tub, in Ph II.

Sorry if I'm not much help! I stay in Ph I, and haven't stayed in Ph II enough to compare.
I'm sure others will chime in here and give some more info!

Theresa

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jun 2004 4:10 pm   

We've stayed in both I & II. The units in Phase I are a little larger than in Phase II and some say the units are noiser in II but we've never had a problem with noise. Phase II does not have a jetted tub.

You'll have a great view no matter which phase you stay in. We've been lucky enough to see whales when we've been in Phase II.

Kathy

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jun 2004 4:37 pm   

Phase 2 is closer to the sea gull rock. The babies have just hatched. I love being at that end--I like to get up at night and hear the gulls, to see them flying across the moon. Fractionals there have the jetted tubs--but they are a little easier to get into than the ones in Phase 1. I do not enjoy the end units that look over the cove as much as the ocean ones, but I have also heard folks say that they find the cove much more interesting.

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul 2004 9:03 am   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
I noticed that on availability it lists 2 bdrm, 2 bdrm Ph 2, and 3 bdrm. Because it doesn't list 3 bdrm Ph 2, does that mean that all 3 bdrm units are in phase 1? And does anyone know what the layout is ... are there 3 bdrm units available on all floors? (The way Wolf Creek is designed, the 3 bedroom units are all top floor, because they have loft-style master bedrooms.)

Edit: Another question. The WM directory shows that Depoe Bay has an occupancy tax. Can anyone tell me -- even approximately -- how much that is?

Thanks!

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul 2004 2:04 pm   

Hi Marci.... I have just cancelled a spring 2005 holiday in Depoe Bay, for a two bedroomed unit. :bigcry: I had managed to get some exchanges with II for Mexico. :D

My account has been refunded $33.53 (approx). Hope this helps.

ann

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul 2004 7:49 pm   

scrappymt wrote:
I noticed that on availability it lists 2 bdrm, 2 bdrm Ph 2, and 3 bdrm. Because it doesn't list 3 bdrm Ph 2, does that mean that all 3 bdrm units are in phase 1? And does anyone know what the layout is ... are there 3 bdrm units available on all floors? (The way Wolf Creek is designed, the 3 bedroom units are all top floor, because they have loft-style master bedrooms.)

Edit: Another question. The WM directory shows that Depoe Bay has an occupancy tax. Can anyone tell me -- even approximately -- how much that is?

Thanks!

Not sure of the Occupancy tax, but I do not remember it being very much.

There are three bedrooms in both phase 1 and phase 11 and these three bedrooms are on all three floors.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul 2004 7:01 am   

scrappymt wrote:

Thanks!

Yep, as Ken says, there are 3 bedroom units in both phases. They are on all floors...1st, 2nd and 3rd. Most of all the units are all 'stacked' the same, from the bottom to the top. However, there are some on the end of the buildings, that are 3 BD on the 1st and 2nd floor, and the 3rd floor is a 2 bedroom layout. This is only on some of the ends of the bldgs.

As for the TOT, I was looking for a past reservation I'd made, booking with credits, to see what I'd paid. I found one in history, that said $5.98 for a 3 bedroom for one night. And a 2 BD for $10.04 for 2 nights.
My 'form' letter from the city of DB, states 7% is to be collected, if rent is received. But it's dated 2000, and can't seem to find a current one. :( So maybe they haven't changed the %.

Theresa

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul 2004 7:26 am   

Theresa wrote:
scrappymt wrote:

Thanks!

Yep, as Ken says, there are 3 bedroom units in both phases. They are on all floors...1st, 2nd and 3rd. Most of all the units are all 'stacked' the same, from the bottom to the top. However, there are some on the end of the buildings, that are 3 BD on the 1st and 2nd floor, and the 3rd floor is a 2 bedroom layout. This is only on some of the ends of the bldgs.
:shrug:
As for the TOT, I was looking for a past reservation I'd made, booking with credits, to see what I'd paid. I found one in history, that said $5.98 for a 3 bedroom for one night. And a 2 BD for $10.04 for 2 nights.
My 'form' letter from the city of DB, states 7% is to be collected, if rent is received. But it's dated 2000, and can't seem to find a current one. :( So maybe they haven't changed the %.

Theresa
The two nights I had when we had the GOO were $4.89 each night.
Looking back, I had 7 nights there last year and it was $10.90, so not sure how the TOT is applied. Maybe les for 7 nights. :shrug: :shrug:

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul 2004 8:15 am   

I just reserved a 3 bedroom at Depoe Bay and the current TOT was $5.78/night in red season or $40.46 for a week.

Teddy

N wrote:
Theresa wrote:
scrappymt wrote:

Thanks!

:shrug:

Theresa
The two nights I had when we had the GOO were $4.89 each night.
Looking back, I had 7 nights there last year and it was $10.90, so not sure how the TOT is applied. Maybe les for 7 nights. :shrug: :shrug:

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul 2004 9:52 am   

I found a site yesterday where it looked like they raised it from 7% to 8%..

http://www.depoebaynews.com/Meetings/030520DBCCReg.htm

Is the percentage calculated on what it would cost to stay there on bonus time? (4c per point)?

Been to: Oceanside, Las Vegas, Big Bear, Indio, Pismo Beach, Tahoe I, Rancho Vistoso, Wolf Creek, St. George, Solvang
Exchanged to: Carlsbad Seapointe, Gas Lamp Suites
Also stayed at: Wyndham Grand Desert

Profile ICQ  
 PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul 2004 9:54 am   

RichM wrote:
I found a site yesterday where it looked like they raised it from 7% to 8%..

http://www.depoebaynews.com/Meetings/030520DBCCReg.htm

Is the percentage calculated on what it would cost to stay there on bonus time? (4c per point)?
I don't know, good question....we can find out and then we can add it to the Depoe Bay Resort Discussion info.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul 2004 11:48 am   

We'll be at Depoe Bay next week, first time there.

Questions:

1. Where is the closest supermarket (Fred Meyer/Albertsons/Safeway, etc)

2. Is there a Costco/Sams nearby or on the way from the Portland airport?

3. Is there a Trader Joe's nearby or on the way from the Portland airport?

Many thanks,
Maria

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul 2004 12:22 pm   

javanite wrote:

Questions:

Many thanks,
Maria
Hi Maria,
There is a FM and a Safeway in Newport. That's the closest.
Well, there is a Coscto in Portland, but I couldn't tell you how to get there, someone else could tho'.
There is a Walmart in Newport almost across the street from FM and Safeway, located on the north end of the little town.
Trader Joes, don't know.
Hope you have a wonderful week, you'll love it.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul 2004 12:24 pm   

javanite wrote:

Questions:

Many thanks,
Maria

Hello Maria!

You will love it there!!!! The staff are wonderful (say Hi for me!), and the resort is fantastic! Have fun!

The closest Safeway, is in Lincoln City. As you are coming into LC, from the north, turn Right, at the First signal light. (McDonald's will be on your left) Take the right, and as it curves around to the right, you will see Safeway on your left.

The closest Fred Meyer, is in Newport, approx 10 miles south of Depoe Bay. Continue south on 101, thru Newport, and you will see it on your left. Can't miss it....it's big.
Albertson's.....nope never seen one there.....but there is one in Tualatin, at the intersection of Hwy 99 & Tualatin/Sherwood Road. Also a Safeway there too.

Costco....none at the beach...only one I know of on the coast is just south of Astoria....good if you were going to Seaside....
As for Costcos in Portland.....the easiest one, without fighting Portland traffic, IMHO, is just east of the airport. As you leave the airport, continue east on Airport Way. About 6 or 7 signal lights to the east, turn right (south) onto 138th. Go a couple 'blocks' and you will see it on your right. When leaving Costco, go back out the same way, back onto Airport Way, to get back to I-205, to go south, to Depoe Bay. The last couple times I drove it, in July, I continued on south to I-5, to the Salem Parkway/Keizer exit, and took Hwy 22 over to Hwy 18. I hate getting hung up in traffic....and it seems over the years, growth and progress have added a major traffic bottleneck between Tigard and McMinneville. A long stretch, for crawling along at 20 miles an hour!

But once you get to the resort.....it's well worth it!

Have Fun! Tell us all about it when you get back!

Theresa