Register
It is currently Sat 26 May 2018 12:02 am

lake tahoe or denver for x-mas

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPosted: Sun 13 Jun 2004 10:13 am   

Joined: Sun 13 Jun 2004 10:09 am
Posts: 1
Location: Michigan
I am looking to go to either lake tahoe or denver from the 28th to the 2. Does anyone have a recomendation for which would have better skiing at that time of year? What is my best bet for waitlisting co or lake tahoe?

thanks, Jp.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 13 Jun 2004 12:17 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 01 Jan 2004 8:41 am
Posts: 1933
Location: Beautiful Southern Colorado
You can always waitlist for both and see what comes up! :)

Also... while the week between Christmas and New Year's will have limited availability, you will find things will come up in II within the 59 day window. Best to have an ongoing search or watch the inventory VERY closely. I would think your chances on Tahoe through II would be reasonable.

Something to think about would be airfare. Your waitlist may not confirm until 60 days out... you might be better off booking the airfare during the fall sales and having a backup accommodation plan you can cancel without too much of a penalty should your WM or II reservations confirm.

Kim


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 13 Jun 2004 9:10 pm   

Joined: Tue 02 Mar 2004 12:34 pm
Posts: 161
Location: San Francisco
jp wrote:
I am looking to go to either lake tahoe or denver from the 28th to the 2. Does anyone have a recomendation for which would have better skiing at that time of year? What is my best bet for waitlisting co or lake tahoe?

thanks, Jp.


Last two years Lake Tahoe was lucky with snow and skiing was good and there was HEAVY snow for one day during that week. But snow is unpredictable in the Tahoe Area. My personal experience about getting WM South Shore is that it is impossible. Last year, even though we were on the wait list for WM South Shore since July, we only got partial days and that did not come through until early Dec. Last year, there were some TUG postings for Tahoe Ridge 1 BR for $800 for the week. Someone was offering 2BR Embassy for $1800 and they did not even bother to reply when I offered $850. None was available through either RCI or II. We have normal reservations for one unit for this year Dec 26 to Jan 2 and have put ourselves on the wait list in March for one additional unit for the same Dec 26 week. I rate our chances as very low. It is easier to get exchange to Incline Village (Hyatt) or Squaw and skiing conditions there are much better than at South Shore. But those locations are about an hours drive from the Casinos. I have no information about Co but if you have more questions about South Lake Tahoe, I will try to answer them. /Sultan


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010