Register
It is currently Fri 25 May 2018 11:54 pm

Kihei Worldmark is WONDERFUL!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 25 May 2004 10:23 am   

:D My sister and I just returned from a wonderful 6 nite stay at WM Kihei. What a super resort! We changed our plans on going to Florida 5 days prior to leaving and WM had an opening in a "less desirable" 2 bedrm unit. We snatched it. We actually stayed our last nite in a studio and then off to the Embassy Vacation Resort in Kaanapali for our last 2 nites. (Our favoritie place by the way)

The WM staff is always nice, but at Kihei they were absolutely wonderful. One nite, while laying in bed and watching a little tv .. I spotted a huge, big, black, ugly, crawly critter sprinting across and up the wall. Okay, I was a little freaked. It was nite and my husband was not there to catch and kill that pesty thing. Eeww... neither of us could sleep with that critter on the loose. Called the front desk and they sent this nice gentlemen to capture the creature. Well, low and behold it was not a "creepy, crawly bug", but a nice friendly gecko. Okay, we could live with a gecko in the room. He vanished and was not spotted for remainer of our trip. Poor gecko, hope he got out. Thank goodness for WM and the nice person who assisted us.

Later during the week, when we were to move from the 2 bedrm to the studio, the front office just told us to pack everything up and leave it in the front room and they would move it all for us including any food items in the fridge. Very nice :D and we loved that feature.

The "less desirable unit" was great. The lanai overlooked the parking lot, but for the most part we were out enjoying Maui and soaking up the sun rays. The unit was great as was the studio. My sister a "non WM" owner was impressed.

The actual resort facilities were very nice too. The pool was fun with a nice waterfall and plenty of lounging chairs. They offered many activities and would be wonderful for a family .. lei making, snorkeling and scuba instructions, basket making and etc. The beach is about a block away, but very duable. My sister and I walked there the first day to catch some rays and realized with we don't like the sand. Love the beach with water, but can they just do away w/the sand? One must have a lounge chair in the sand was our final conclusion and from that point on we remained at pool.

I am so impressed with the facilities and the staff there. 5 stars for them.

Kihei is a nice town, but we do prefer Kaanapali to Kehei because of the nice tradewinds that cool you down. We love to lay out in the sun and we literally baked in Kihei. In and out of the pool every 15 minutes. Kanaapali is aways nice and comfortable due to the winds there .. wow what a huge difference there is between the 2. We love the Embassy because you do get a complimentary (okay, I know somewhere in that price you do pay for it) buffet breakfast from 6:30-9:30am. It is a huge spread with everything hot and cold. Also, from 4-6pm each day there are complimentary driinks. The pool is huge (1 acre) and overlooks the ocean. The downfall to the Embassy is that if you have a family there, the "kitchen" is a counter top with a tiny fridge, toaster, microwave and serving plates, utensils for 4. They also charge $10/day for parking. We will be saving up to purchase at the Embassy thru the resale market because that is the only way one can assure themselves a spot there. After orthodontics of course .. for my kiddos :roll:

We spent 2 days snorkeling. One day we went with Paragon to the island of Lanai. We ate a picnie lunch on the beach in Lanai after snorkeling. We love just being on the water enjoying all the sunshine. The spinner dolphins did not show themselves during our 2 trips .. they must have been snoozing off of the beaten pathway. Our second snorkeling trip was on the Silver .. something with Boss Frogs. We went to Molikine to snorkle and to what is referred to as "turtle town" to snorkle with the turtles. Both stops were great.

Super trip. Nice and relazing and ready to get back to the real world .. planning for our trip next year. :D

Last edited by tinkerbell on Tue 25 May 2004 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 25 May 2004 10:41 am   

Grreat recap! Thanks so much. It gives folks a real flavor of the resort and area. I'm glad you had a nice time. 8)

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Tue 25 May 2004 11:19 am   

Wow, Thanks for the great review!

I am so envious of trips like this. Makes me want to drop, oh, say 100 lbs., put on the retired sequined speedo and head to the tropics!!!!

Do you have pics that you plan to post? Maybe you already talked about that, I'll go read again.

Glad your trip was fun, that's what it's all about!

McCall x6,Gleneden,Wolf Creek x6, Bear Lake, Seasidex4, BirchBay,Dolphins Cove,Oceanside,Vegas babyx2, St. George,Camlin, Yellowstone,Depoe Bayx2, Newport,Arrowpoint,Eaglecrest

PostPosted: Tue 25 May 2004 11:44 am   

:D No pics yet. I did not take our digital camera, because my husband was not there to do the set on our laptop and well .. I am not that computer literate, but I do manage on the net. I did take a roll of shots with a disposal that I have yet to develope since I got home yesterday at 3am. I will be getting them developed at some point this week and then will post a link.

Oh.. about the beach chairs, which I read about on this board before going to Kihei .. they are starting to phase out putting them in the rooms. You need to call the front desk to get them.

Thank you for both of your nice comments. :D

PostPosted: Tue 25 May 2004 12:08 pm   

tinkerbell wrote:
:D No pics yet. I did not take our digital camera, because my husband was not there to do the set on our laptop and well .. I am not that computer literate, but I do manage on the net. I did take a roll of shots with a disposal that I have yet to develope since I got home yesterday at 3am. I will be getting them developed at some point this week and then will post a link.

Oh.. about the beach chairs, which I read about on this board before going to Kihei .. they are starting to phase out putting them in the rooms. You need to call the front desk to get them.

Thank you for both of your nice comments. :D

Great report! When we were at Kihei at the beginning of April, they had two beach chairs in our unit. We went down to the office to see if we could get two more for our friends and that is when we found out that they were fazing them out but they gave us some weaved mats to take with us to the beach. Also, some of the vacationers bought their own beach chairs and left them for other vacationers that would use their unit after they left. I think that the chairs are pretty reasonable -- $5 or $6. We just took turns with the mats and chairs instead of buying two more chairs.

I, too, give the staff 5 stars. Very impressive people.