Register
It is currently Mon 22 Oct 2018 12:21 am

Camlin Seattle WA

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2004 10:55 pm   

LLW,

I will be surprised if the Camlin gets any RC units at all. In fact, I think it will be a while before any more are built anywhere. I have not heard anything official though... just rumors. The sales staff at Seaside did not mention Camlin to me at all. They did think that maybe there would be some at Indio... but I am not sure they know for sure either.

/Jim

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 4:09 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
We waited...and waited for some schedule about the RC units to be available on the top floor of the Camlin at Seattle ( four 2BR penthouse units). We have been really interested over the past year or so. However, we finally gave up and in January purchased a secure "lock & leave", condo in Ballard (a few minutes north of downtown area). In retrospect, although the cost is somewhat more than an RC arrangement, we can come and go anytime, any day of the week and don't have to move our stuff in and out. And with a covered, gated garage, we can leave a car there. We were a little uneasy about the Saturday-Friday arrangement of the RC....and airfares are cheaper during the week and we often stay 10 days or so, which doesn't fit very well with the 1 wek out of 13 pattern. The Camlin location is neat, but we couldn't find anything on prices. I think the RC's are a great concept. The timing just didn't fit for us. We have a new granddaughter in the area (our first!) and neded a place to hang our hat on occasion.

I did not get the impression with the inital information given about Camlin, that there would be any RCs there. Anyone heard differently?

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 4:33 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
We waited...and waited for some schedule about the RC units to be available on the top floor of the Camlin at Seattle ( four 2BR penthouse units).

I remember a lot of talk on the forum (old archived WM4M) about the Camlin. I think there were even some articles someone posted about it.
I'd bet a search on the old forum would turn up some clues.
I remember something, I just can't remember exactly what it was.I'm sure it came up, just cant remember. Image

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 4:56 pm   

We heard (from CA, I think) that the Camlin would be 100% WM. No RC units.

'Course ALL is subject to change! lol

Janet

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 5:12 pm   

Well, those are good questions about the Camlin. Maybe things have changed. However, I remember being told in some WM literature or maybe on the 4M...back when it was announced about a year ago...that the top floor (formally the "Cloud Room" cocktail lounge ) was going to transform into four 2 bedroom units (the only ones in the building) and that they would be fractional ownerships units. However, at that time plans were still being formulated. Perhaps the RC units were later dropped. All of the lower floors are going to be 1 BR and studios (as I recall)...so if the only 2 BRs were the four units on the top floor, it would seem a little difficult for families.

Incidentally, at one time ( I'm giving away my age) the Cloud room had a view of Puget Sound. Today however the water view is blocked by numerous hi-rise buildings. Nevertheless, one can walk to the theaters, symphony, shopping, etc...and easy entry/exit on/off I/5. A nifty location for a few nights.

Oh well, we have the condo in Ballard now and we're happy as pigs in mud. Except we still want more WM credits of course...which I plan to purchase after Jan 1...on the resale market thanks to all the great information here at the WM Owners site...Rosemary...Nena :!: :D

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 5:15 pm   

janetez wrote:
We heard (from CA, I think) that the Camlin would be 100% WM. No RC units.

'Course ALL is subject to change! lol

Janet

That's what I remember! :roll: Thanks Janet!

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 9:41 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
Well, those are good questions about the Camlin. Maybe things have changed. However, I remember being told in some WM literature or maybe on the 4M...back when it was announced about a year ago...that the top floor (formally the "Cloud Room" cocktail lounge ) was going to transform into four 2 bedroom units (the only ones in the building) and that they would be fractional ownerships units. However, at that time plans were still being formulated. Perhaps the RC units were later dropped. All of the lower floors are going to be 1 BR and studios (as I recall)...so if the only 2 BRs were the four units on the top floor, it would seem a little difficult for families.

:D

I seem to recall those same 2 bedroom units on the top were to be penthouses in the WM system? I guess we will know this coming summer/fall?

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2004 10:38 pm   

Here is the link in the forum archives that states there will be no RC units in the Camlin. http://forumarchive.worldmarktheclub.co ... Main=91606

Lisa

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2004 3:11 pm   

The bar from the Cloud room is for sale on eBay. Tutortom put the link in the Camlin thread on the WM4M.

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2004 6:02 pm   

Lisatoo wrote:
Here is the link in the forum archives that states there will be no RC units in the Camlin. http://forumarchive.worldmarktheclub.co ... Main=91606

Lisa

Thanks for that link Lisa. Now I'm a little more content with my Ballard condo purchase. Unfortunately however, the condo is not large enough to accomodate the bar from the Cloud Room. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed 19 May 2004 5:27 am   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
AreWeThereYet wrote:
The bar from the Cloud room is for sale on eBay. Tutortom put the link in the Camlin thread on the WM4M.

Again? That's interesting ... it was on eBay several months ago. I wonder if it didn't go the first time, or if the purchaser the first time around is now selling it again.

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Fri 21 May 2004 5:29 am   

LLW, I hope you don't mind, I copied some wonderful suggestions you posted, to paste over here in the Camlin thread. Got to thinking, what a great idea you had, sharing ideas of what to do in Seattle, and start filling up our Camlin Resort info for out-of-towners.

I Love Seattle! (except I-5, 405, 90, 167, 18.....) So much to see and do!! And the ferries and the islands, and the Mariners, Wow what a game last night! OK...OT..... :)

Quote:
* Snoqualmie Falls (It's taller than Niagara Falls)
* Space Needle, Seattle Center and the Experience Music Project (especially for your son)
* Pike Place Market and the waterfront
* An Elliott Bay & Lake Union Cruise from Seattle, or Lake Washington cruise from Kirkland (you will see Bill Gates' mansion - from the water, that is. Or if you are from Silicon Valley, you don't have to see it. )
* The Seattle area's 2 floating bridges (they are miles long and float on pontoons on Lake Washington)
* The Ballard Locks where boats go through different water levels
* Majestic Mt. Rainier and beautiful Hurricane Ridge (Olympic National Park) are worth seeing and hiking on. (Discovery Bay is closer to Hurricane Ridge if you want to do it, but there is probably no availability now.)
* Seattle's new downtown non-traditional library is opening this Sunday.

While you are at it, you may want to take a look at the Camlin which is scheduled to open by the end of the year. Then there are the outlet malls in North Bend and Burlington.

www.thekiteshoppe.com
www.wmowners.com

PostPosted: Fri 21 May 2004 11:53 am   

That's right - we have to warn people about driving in Seattle during rush hour. I try to avoid it.

It's a good idea to have Seattle info in the Camlin thread. :lol: I love Seattle too. :P

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun 2004 7:01 pm   

I don't think I have ever been in Seattle when it seem like rush hour on the freeways.

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun 2004 7:15 pm   

manda wrote:
I don't think I have ever been in Seattle when it seem like rush hour on the freeways.

HUH? When it did or didn't?
Seems like there's always a bottleneck; but hopefull Camilin tourists can miss the heavier stuff further north.