Register
It is currently Tue 14 Aug 2018 3:43 am

McCall info request

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 09 May 2004 11:56 pm   

McCall is next on my list of WM properties to explore. Any comments,advice, or travel trips would be great! :D

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 7:10 am   

Depends on when your going. It's nice at all times but activities vary depending on season. Give me some idea of what your in to and when your going and maybe I can help you out with some ideas.
Doug

McCall x6,Gleneden,Wolf Creek x6, Bear Lake, Seasidex4, BirchBay,Dolphins Cove,Oceanside,Vegas babyx2, St. George,Camlin, Yellowstone,Depoe Bayx2, Newport,Arrowpoint,Eaglecrest

PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 7:15 am   

joe wrote:
McCall is next on my list of WM properties to explore. Any comments,advice, or travel trips would be great! :D

I'm moving the to the Resort Discussions for all to find under Resorts.

I haven't been to McCall, yet, sorry can't help with info.

www.thekiteshoppe.com
www.wmowners.com

PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 10:21 am   

McCall in May , 4days. Into food, music, thrill rides, and on a very limited budget :(

On that note, (limited funds), we splurged on a Emerald Bay cruise while at Tahoe. Money well spent!!! Wated to do parasailing, but the cost was totally prohibitive :shock:

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 10:39 am   

http://www.mccall-idchamber.org/visiting/1visit.html

Here is a good link to research and get ideas.

Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Burgdorf hotsprings is a good bet for relaxation

Right by the airport is a Mexican Rest that is good (can't remember the name)

You can't visit McCall and call it complete without eating Lardo's. If you drive thru town it is on the other end from the resort.

Not a lot of beach but if you want to swim and lounge at the water there is a good beach area on the north end of the lake. Towneys can give you easy directions. Also, Ponderosa State park will give you access to some other smaller beachy areas and there is the one in the middle of town. That one is usually too crowded for our taste.

If you are into IceSkating they have a big rink in the middle of town.

Horseback rides, atv rentals etc can be found everywhere.

Lastly, I would drive to Brundage Mtn ski resort. There may or may not be anything going on but the drive up has some great overlooks. Take your time and stop at every pulloff to enjoy the views. Also, your a bit more adventurous head towards New Meadows and drive or hike back to some of the little lakes. The turn off is marked and towneys can give you directions to it. Stay to the trails though because of poison ivy.

Have a great time, the Resort is relaxing and the staff is top notch. They are locals so they can give you some good directions and ideas as well.

lastly, the lake is ok for brief swims etc but if your like me you will want to get a wetsuit for jetskiing to take the nip off. It is a cold, deep, mtn. lake.
Doug

McCall x6,Gleneden,Wolf Creek x6, Bear Lake, Seasidex4, BirchBay,Dolphins Cove,Oceanside,Vegas babyx2, St. George,Camlin, Yellowstone,Depoe Bayx2, Newport,Arrowpoint,Eaglecrest

PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 11:54 am   

Doug!

Thanks for the info. I printed out your tips. How did ya know I like mex food? LOL :)

Thanks again for your speedy reply!

JOE[/list][/quote]

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon 10 May 2004 12:37 pm   

Last thing Joe. Stay away from foresters (it's a local bar). I will probably make some McCall person mad here but deal with it, it's your town.

It has turned into a local hangout for something to prove loggers, unemployed and bitter timber workers and ranch hands in need of a bull to ride.

As late as last year when I popped in there they were not all that friendly. I was with my wife so couldn't stay and "make friends."

If your like me, it might not take too long to be "invited" outside to get a down and dirty tour of the local alley. But then again, if you ARE like me, you'll like the challenge :twisted: Have fun. Other than right in front of the front door of this place all of McCall is friendly and inviting, no matter the time of day or night. Just avoid that 10 ft strip after midnight.
Doug

PostPosted: Thu 20 May 2004 8:59 am   

joe wrote:
McCall in May , 4days. Into food, music, thrill rides, and on a very limited budget :(

On that note, (limited funds), we splurged on a Emerald Bay cruise while at Tahoe. Money well spent!!! Wated to do parasailing, but the cost was totally prohibitive :shock:

Joe! You been to McCall yet? Don't forget to update us.