Register
It is currently Wed 18 Oct 2017 2:30 pm

Wyndham Sydney Suites

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul 2017 10:06 pm   

Hello. I tried to book online tonight -- but it sez no availability. May I know what would be the chances of getting Jan 12-15, 2018 for Wyndham Sydney? And I guess we have to call (and wait, wait wait) for WM to patch us thru to Wyndham / Club Pass? Thank you

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul 2017 6:54 am   

To Book directly into Wyndham Sydney Suites you have to have WM+A or Travelshare Credits/Points. You do not have to use Wyndham Pass. You just call the VPC and if the person that answers can not help you ask to be connected to one of the folks that deals with WMSP. The biggest problem is trying to Book Sydney during their summer with only about 6 months notice. I just checked online and there is lots of availability for 1 bedroom Units but little to no 2 Bedroom Units. This happened to us a couple years ago. So we Booked 2 - 1 Bedroom Units and went on the Wait List for a 2 Bedroom Unit. As happens most of the time the Waiit List came through.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul 2017 6:56 am   

What size unit?
I see 1 br available.

Club Pass is now a prompt when you call in to WM. I don't know the wait time, but I don't think you have to reach a WM agent before talking to Wyndham now.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul 2017 12:42 pm   

But why use Club Pass and pay an Exchange Fee of $99 when Sydney is available to anyone with WM+ or Travelshare directly thru WM? Which are the same folks that have access to Wyndham Pass.

I guess I am spoiled with my Platinum Call in Number. Little to no wait and they help me with everthing.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul 2017 6:37 pm   

Good luck with getting into Sydney at all over any weekend, particularly in Summer, but it's worth wait-listing.

It's also worth a look at Interval & RCI, they both have 4 options in Sydney, and at different locations too.

Owners since 2005. Flynns Beach x3, Kirra Beach x3, Sydney x3, Pokolbin Hill x2, Coffs Harbour x2 (Terraces & Treetops), Cairns (x2), Port Macquarie, The Entrance, Ballarat, Seven Mile Beach, Shoal Bay, Phillip Island (all Australia), Denarau Island (Fiji), Victoria & Vancouver (Canada). Exchanges - Grand Canadian (Canmore, pre WorldMark), Marriott Harbour Lake (Orlando), Marriott Ocean Pointe (Palm Beach Shores), Mariner's Boathouse & Beach Resort (Fort Myers Beach). Next stop - DAE - The Moorings, Batemans Bay

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jul 2017 8:20 pm   

Just stayed there this past January (last week of 5 weeks NZ and Down Under), not bad but be prepared for lots of walking, get yourself an Opal card for the buses and ferries. When you first get there take the free bus tour to learn your way around, we also did the free walking tour and used the opal card to get back, they were very helpful with local info.

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2017 8:04 am   

glacier wrote:
Just stayed there this past January (last week of 5 weeks NZ and Down Under), not bad but be prepared for lots of walking, get yourself an Opal card for the buses and ferries. When you first get there take the free bus tour to learn your way around, we also did the free walking tour and used the opal card to get back, they were very helpful with local info.

Even with the language barriers? :wink:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2017 10:07 am   

DenMar wrote:
glacier wrote:

Even with the language barriers? :wink:

They can tell you are a foreigner because of your lack of an accent. You do have to learn how to order your coffee. And in the apartment how to use a French Press.

II - Newport Coast.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul 2017 10:08 pm   

Believe it or not...
There is actually an Australian - English dictionary (available for purchase in Australia, don't know about in the U.S.). For the first few days I thought we needed a translator...or a hearing aid. Then, we began to learn the language. :) ...we had a really fun time for the next 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 4:08 am   

Or Australia in general.
We have credits purchased way back before Wyndham-thru trend west. But I can't use them for Australia? A counselor told me I could do it thru RCI but I did not find those places listed. The advantage of Worldmark for me is the ability to book for last than a week at a time.
Any help/ advice greatly appreciated.

Anita

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 4:28 am   

Hi Anita,

If you have had your credits for that long, you should be able to book WMSP accommodation. Your only issue might be if you are trying to book in peak periods with only a 11 month booking window.

When are you trying to get into Sydney?

Colin

Owners since 2005. Flynns Beach x3, Kirra Beach x3, Sydney x3, Pokolbin Hill x2, Coffs Harbour x2 (Terraces & Treetops), Cairns (x2), Port Macquarie, The Entrance, Ballarat, Seven Mile Beach, Shoal Bay, Phillip Island (all Australia), Denarau Island (Fiji), Victoria & Vancouver (Canada). Exchanges - Grand Canadian (Canmore, pre WorldMark), Marriott Harbour Lake (Orlando), Marriott Ocean Pointe (Palm Beach Shores), Mariner's Boathouse & Beach Resort (Fort Myers Beach). Next stop - DAE - The Moorings, Batemans Bay

Last edited by ColinT on Tue 15 Aug 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 4:35 am   

anitak wrote:
Or Australia in general.
We have credits purchased way back before Wyndham-thru trend west. But I can't use them for Australia? A counselor told me I could do it thru RCI but I did not find those places listed. The advantage of Worldmark for me is the ability to book for last than a week at a time.

Anita
Or Australia in general.

Anita

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 4:41 am   

You have just reposted the same text. Where are you trying to get to, and what time of year?

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 5:55 am   

I am surprised not to see Worldmark Sydney in RCI or II.
Interval seems to have more Australia options over RCI including some of the Worldmark. If you aren't looking for Sydney specifically, you should be able to do an exchange. However, I have no idea how difficult it is to trade into SP.
If you purchased before Wyndham, you should have WM+A credits which can be used to book WM South Pacific. How many WM+A credits do you have currently available in your account? That may be the issue. If all your credits are tied up in reservations, you may need to wait until your anniversary date to get more.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug 2017 6:07 am   

You might want to call the VPC. Then ask for one of the folks that deal more with WMSP. Having made 4 trips Down Under it helps if you have a Vacation Counselor that understands WMSP. Most of the folks at the VPC try very hard to help but seldom have to deal with WMSP issues.

Also you can Wait List WMSP requests. On our last trip to Sydney there were no 2 Bedroom Units available. So I Booked 2 - 1 Bedroom Units and Wait Listed a 2 Bedroom Unit. The Wait List did come through.

II - Newport Coast.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.