Register
It is currently Wed 18 Oct 2017 2:24 pm

Booking hard to get destinations

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul 2017 6:09 pm   

pleanne wrote:
Do you know how to do this? I have been trying for over a month to book a three-bedroom at Yellowstone without success. The night before the booking window, I can see at least one unit available. The next morning it is gone 1-2 minutes before e-booking is even open. Sometimes I'm able hit the "book it" button, but by the time I get through the "prove you are a human" pop-up windows, the unit is gone. What is going on? I have been with WorldMark for seven years and have booked several prime destinations. I've never had this much trouble. Can someone shed some light? I would appreciate any strategies you are willing to share. Thank you.

To answer your question vs a discussion on the policy:

Do the best you can to get a reservation by avoiding the captcha: log into google first (if you don't have a gmail account, you can set one up for free and then ignore it). Then open Worldmark. That has worked for me to avoid dealing with that extra step and may give you a head start on others.
If you don't get the reservation, call in ASAP and get on the waitlist. Try to pick a time that the megarenter is least likely to rent and thus, most likely to have to cancel.
Make other plans that will allow you to switch over if you get the waitlist. This might not happen until closer to the 30 day mark.
Good luck.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 7:17 am   

I don't understand "log into google first". So let's say I have set up a gmail account in the past. When I haul my *Censor* out of bed at 5:45 and stumble to the computer, do I first type in Google.com and after that page comes up then type Worldmarktheclub.com?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 8:14 am   

benh7777 wrote:
geist1223 wrote:
benh7777 wrote:
I think just simply limiting an owner to 2 reservations in another name other than themselves per year would kill the mega renter.

Hate this idea. We send family members and friends more than twice a year. This is one way we reward our long term pet/house sitters.

You may be rewarding your dog sitter but you could also be contributing to the lack of availability problems for owners that are having a hard time booking their own vacations.

RVC (Resort Vacation Certificates) is a good way to reward employees, friends/family. Affordable, they can choose when and where on their own, and you can select the level you want to pay.

In order to come up with a solution that works everyone is going to have to compromise somewhere, some way. We see the alternative right now, I for one don't like it.

They are our Points and whether we use them for us or for family members and friends they are going to be used and take up Reservations. We paid for them. We get to use them. We do not rent and we do not charge. Unlike other people on this Forum and their "Party Weekends." Sometimes we even pick up the TOT. If I am able through hard work able to Book 8 to 12 Reservations year. Then others should be able to get their 1 or 2 Reservations per year. Now I will admit that most of our Travels are September through June. It is so nice to be in Salem during the summer. For the very first time we are going to be in Seaside this summer in a 3 Bedroom Delux.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 12:50 pm   

Please don't get me wrong.....
I don't think the way you use your points or if you book for others is wrong or unfair, some owners may, I don't.
I have booked for friends and family many times in the past. In fact I have 2 booked right now in the next 3 months for family.

I guess where we differ is that I am willing to put a limit on reservations for people other than myself in order to create more available inventory, where you obviously value that ability more than I. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe most owners would be ok with 2 reservations per year for someone other than themselves in order to have more availability for themselves.

I would bet that a very large percentage of owners book no more than 2 reservations per year (not counting bonus time) for someone other than themselves. This is a great win/win compromise. Owners can still book for friends and family, it highly restricts the mega renter without loop holes, happy owners = a rising value of ownership and credits instead of a plummeting value, which only benefits Wyndham.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 3:34 pm   

Actually we am willing to bet that due to the average size account (about 14,000 Points) the average WM Owner only books only 2 regular reservations per year. So the "average" owner would be happy to place unreasonable limits on us. If they want more regular Bookings they should buy more Points and learn how to use the System. We have acquired our number of Points so we can make Reservations where we want, when we want, for whom we want, and for how long we want. We suppose people would object that our Average Booking for our use is 2 weeks in length, rarely 1 week, but sometimes 3 weeks. That deprives other owners of a week or two. Some people would object to that. If we wanted to Book Seaside for an entire summer; or, Kihei or Kona for an entire winter that would be our choice on how we use the Points we bought and on which we pay MF's.

Every restriction on use by Owners has a negative effect and unintended consequences. If one wants a highly restricted Timeshare join Wyndham.

I am still waiting to see greatly more available Bookings with the restrictions on Point Transfer and the no HKT Transfers.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 5:24 pm   

4catmom wrote:
I don't understand "log into google first". So let's say I have set up a gmail account in the past. When I haul my *Censor* out of bed at 5:45 and stumble to the computer, do I first type in Google.com and after that page comes up then type Worldmarktheclub.com?

Open your gmail account first. Then open a separate window and log into worldmarktheclub. As long as the gmail account is open in the other window, the cookie google places on your computer cancels out captcha (from what I understand). That should save you a little bit of time and might allow you to grab a unit before somebody else. Good luck.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 8:53 am   

4catmom wrote:
I don't understand "log into google first".

"gmail" is Google's mail system

Set up a gmail account
Then log into WorldMark in another tab.

Set up a Saved Search now.*
The first available date for a 3br is 8/19/18
click on it
enter the 7 in the number of nights
Select SAVE SEARCH

Day after tomorrow, log in to WorldMark at 5:58 am
Press View Saved Search
Click on the link MT-West Yellowstone
It takes you right to the screen with that month pulled up on the calendar
As soon as the clock hits 6:00 am press Book It (do not calculate first)

Since there is only one 3br unit available on 8/19/18, it is unlikely that you will be "first", but at least you have a chance.

*If you have not created a saved search before, practice on a lower-demand resort that has availability that you could potentially reserve today. (8/17/18 or earlier)

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 1:06 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
Actually we am willing to bet that due to the average size account (about 14,000 Points) the average WM Owner only books only 2 regular reservations per year. So the "average" owner would be happy to place unreasonable limits on us. If they want more regular Bookings they should buy more Points and learn how to use the System. We have acquired our number of Points so we can make Reservations where we want, when we want, for whom we want, and for how long we want. We suppose people would object that our Average Booking for our use is 2 weeks in length, rarely 1 week, but sometimes 3 weeks. That deprives other owners of a week or two. Some people would object to that. If we wanted to Book Seaside for an entire summer; or, Kihei or Kona for an entire winter that would be our choice on how we use the Points we bought and on which we pay MF's.

Every restriction on use by Owners has a negative effect and unintended consequences. If one wants a highly restricted Timeshare join Wyndham.

I am still waiting to see greatly more available Bookings with the restrictions on Point Transfer and the no HKT Transfers.

Let them eat cake.

This is no different than the mega-renters who feel entitled to operate as they want, without any consideration for anyone other than themselves.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 1:31 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
geist1223 wrote:

Let them eat cake.

This is no different than the mega-renters who feel entitled to operate as they want, without any consideration for anyone other than themselves.

And your point is? We should not be entitled to use the Points we have paid for and on which we pay MF's?

II - Newport Coast.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 1:46 pm   

Tom - the point is that some people only think of themselves and ignore clear signs that the situation is unsustainable. But since they only care about themselves, it doesn't matter to them.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 5:36 pm   

javanite wrote:
4catmom wrote:
I don't understand "log into google first".

"gmail" is Google's mail system

Set up a gmail account
Then log into WorldMark in another tab.

Set up a Saved Search now.*
The first available date for a 3br is 8/19/18
click on it
enter the 7 in the number of nights
Select SAVE SEARCH

Day after tomorrow, log in to WorldMark at 5:58 am
Press View Saved Search
Click on the link MT-West Yellowstone
It takes you right to the screen with that month pulled up on the calendar
As soon as the clock hits 6:00 am press Book It (do not calculate first)

Since there is only one 3br unit available on 8/19/18, it is unlikely that you will be "first", but at least you have a chance.

*If you have not created a saved search before, practice on a lower-demand resort that has availability that you could potentially reserve today. (8/17/18 or earlier)

Just a note on logging into google: it doesn't have to be Chrome. I use Safari and as long as I'm logged into gmail, I'm good to go.

Sue

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 6:20 pm   

Good to know. I hadn't tried other browsers.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 8:45 pm   

geist1223 wrote:

There was a 31,000,000 (that is 31 MILLION) credit transfer reduction in just the first 6 months after the Credit Transfer change.

If you can't see a difference in available Bookings, you must be looking in all the wrong places.

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul 2017 6:33 am   

I would not support any restrictions on our ability to book for friends and family. We had 3 units (summer) at rancho vistoso for family in for my dad's memorial service. If we had not booked them, the rooms would have been vacant.

We have also used the waitlist a lot. I am really upset about the max 4 wait lists, and am considering a second account to resolve this issue (5k to 7k plus our 30k).

We have booked many family trips to Anaheim with extended family, using two two bedroom units.

Harry

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul 2017 8:44 am   

Does everyone know the names of their guests at booking time, ie friends, family, gifted stays?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next