Register
It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 5:59 pm

San Francisco parking?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 2:12 pm   

Will be driving to and staying at WM San Francisco for the first time next week for a few nights. I'm assuming there is no resort parking like Seattle here, free anyway. Was wondering what others have done for parking in the past, is there any pay to park lots close, or like lots that the resort is affiliated with? We don't plan on using our car while there, think we'll be on foot wherever we go.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 3:33 pm   

It is not for everyone ..... but I parked in BART long-term parking and took BART to the resort. It was free on weekend/holidays, and a few bucks a day for weekdays. Dropped the family/bags off at the resort and then parked. Then used a nearby and more expensive (than BART) private garage downtown for the last night.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 4:17 pm   

The Camlin's parking is not free, at least when I stayed there last.

There is a parking lot across the street. At one time, I heard, WM had a couple spaces assigned for them. You still paid, but at least it was a convenient space to the hotel. I don't know if they still do. It's called the Stockton Sutter garage https://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/pa ... ton-garage also, the last time I drove by, I thought I saw a valet parking sign in front of the hotel.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 4:50 pm   

benh7777 wrote:
Will be driving to and staying at WM San Francisco for the first time next week for a few nights. I'm assuming there is no resort parking like Seattle here, free anyway. Was wondering what others have done for parking in the past, is there any pay to park lots close, or like lots that the resort is affiliated with? We don't plan on using our car while there, think we'll be on foot wherever we go.

You look a lot younger than I am so maybe walking will work for you, but it's those hills nearly killed me

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 5:22 pm   

shift.4 wrote:

You look a lot younger than I am so maybe walking will work for you, but it's those hills nearly killed me

To get to Union Square, cross the street to the parking garage, cross the garage to the fast elevators, take down to Stockton entrance, walk out, turn left and you are there. Reverse to get back to the hotel.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 6:54 pm   

atom wrote:
The Camlin's parking is not free, at least when I stayed there last.

Yeah, I meant to word it that I am assuming there is no on site resort parking, like the Camlin.

I noticed on the confirmation email something about BART. That sounds like a good way to go. My wife would probably prefer the convenience of that Stockton Garage........

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun 2017 7:07 pm   

If you do park in the garage, leave nothing showing, or the car will be broken into.