Register
It is currently Mon 16 Oct 2017 4:41 pm

Anyone know what's going on in Angels Camp?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 8:53 am   

I have two condos reserved for June. I just got this email:

Greetings,

We are reaching out to you regarding your upcoming stay at the WorldMark Angel’s Camp Resort.

Due to a maintenance issue at the property, we are seeking a number of volunteers who can reschedule their upcoming reservations for a later time or alternate location. If you are able to cancel your reservation, we are offering a certificate*(guidelines below), along with the return of your vacation credits and/or reservation fees.

We apologize for the concern this communication may cause and assure you that we’re doing all we can to accept as many arrivals as possible. It is our hope that if you have the flexibility of rescheduling this vacation and could accept our offer, it would limit the potential impact to other owners and guests.

So is there a chance we can get there and they have no rooms for us?
Will this be like United airlines and they have the cops drag me out of my room? lol
Anyone know what the "Maintenance issue" is?

The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 10:15 am   

I believe they installed solar panels on the roofs of some of the units .... major storm damage occurred. Lots of refurbishment needed.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 12:14 pm   

We've got a couple of nights reserved in June but didn't get a similar e-mail.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 12:40 pm   

Just curious, what are they offering if you change your reservation? :?:

I don't envy you. Whenever the airlines announce they are overbooked and need volunteers, I get all excited and wonder what they are offering and the "Queen" is like "No, we need to get home!" Buzz-kill. :lol:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 12:53 pm   

DenMar wrote:
Just curious, what are they offering if you change your reservation? :?:

I don't envy you. Whenever the airlines announce they are overbooked and need volunteers, I get all excited and wonder what they are offering and the "Queen" is like "No, we need to get home!" Buzz-kill. :lol:

They offered to refund the credits and fees and give us a voucher for the same number of nights stay at a later time. It's really not a bad deal, but we are going with another family and we all had to arrange time off from work months ago. I replied to the e-mail saying we were not able to change our dates, and that we expected our rooms to be ready as agreed. I have yet to hear back from them.

And what loser solar company screwed up the roofs with solar panels? Typical lowest bidder WM mentality.

The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 12:59 pm   

I believe they had storm and water damage in the late winter that was pretty wide spread in the Resort. Good luck on actually getting a Unit.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 4:37 pm   

Ironstone Vineyards has some concerts in June, I think it is "Boston" but not sure. This is the weekend of Fathers Day, June 17 and 18. The demand is pretty high for the concert weekends. Maybe they want your units to rent to others for their profit.

PostPosted: Thu 18 May 2017 8:46 pm   

The renovations have been going on For months.

PostPosted: Sat 20 May 2017 7:55 am   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldma ... 791090515/

This person was notified 5 days before check-in. 3br PH reservation was cancelled.

They should have been warned as soon as the damage occurred so they had the choice to wait it out or to make alternate reservations.