Register
It is currently Mon 16 Oct 2017 4:48 pm

Pagosa Springs experience (posted by user on TUG)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 1:44 pm   

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?thre ... gs.255720/

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 5:19 pm   

javanite wrote:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/wyndham-worldmark-pagosa-springs.255718/

Link led me to:

Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums - Error

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 7:27 pm   

JohnPaul
JohnPaul
TUG Member
In the not too distant past, Worldmark added Pagosa Springs as one of their dual WM/Wyndham resorts. I have stayed in a number of these and they have been just fine. In fact they are frequently telling us how much nicer the Wyndham units are than the Worldmark units

Well, in my trip planning looked at WM Pagosa. Pictures look like very nice updated typical WM units. They show units on the water, but I didn't count on that. I booked a standard one bedroom unit that sleeps 4.

We arrived yesterday. They had barely heard of Worldmark here. Non standard for WM check in processes that a CC required and 10 am checkout (vs noon). Not the end of the world.

Went to our unit in the Ptarmagin section. What a disaster. The property looks like old military housing. We had unit 7223B which is apparently the lock off side of a two bedroom. It was tiny and ancient. The kitchen did not have full size appliances and was so small that the coffee maker, toaster and blender were on top of the refrigerator. Ikea would have been ashamed of the cabinets.

After we unpacked the car and I went to the grocery store I came back and fired up my computer. Checked out "Worldmark Pagosa" and it was a lovely property.

I called the desk to complain assuming somehow we had been assigned to a non Worldmark unit. They immediately moved us to a better unit but it is also the lock off side of a two bedroom. Of course, that meant packing up and moving. It has a full size kitchen but no dining table. There are only 4 plates, glasses, silverware, etc for a unit that sleeps four. Still not really up to WM standards.

When the concierge called to see how things were we told her. She was very nice and sympathetic and said she would have a manager call.

Manager called and basically said they have no control whatsoever about Worldmark.

I have written to Gail Mandel who I believe took over for Franz Hanning.

They would be much better off to have no resort here than to treat WM owners like this.

Huge bait and switch.

I'm sure there are some lovely units here, but nothing we have been offered.
JohnPaul, Today at 3:40 PM #1
CO skier
CO skier
TUG Member
JohnPaul said: ↑
In the not too distant past, Worldmark added Pagosa Springs as one of their dual WM/Wyndham resorts. I have stayed in a number of these and they have been just fine. In fact they are frequently telling us how much nicer the Wyndham units are than the Worldmark units

Well, in my trip planning looked at WM Pagosa. Pictures look like very nice updated typical WM units. They show units on the water, but I didn't count on that. I booked a standard one bedroom unit that sleeps 4.
The 1 BR WorldMark units are located in the sections constructed during the late '70s early '80s. I would describe them as "rustic", at best. For many people, the location of Wyndham Pagosa is so appealing, they do not mind the mountain rustic ambiance of these units; others do not like them - a lot.

Units I would consider "WorldMark grade" are in the Teal Landing section (the lakeside buildings typically pictured for Wyndham Pagosa). I do not think any WorldMark units are assigned in this section.

The WorldMark 2 BR Loft units are in the Eagles Loft section of the resort. These are the "mushroom houses" next to and near the lake. Very 70's retro style complete with steel spiral staircase to the unit's loft. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but my kids think it is great. We have a vacation scheduled there this August in one of these units. Two outdoor decks, one off the master and one off the kitchen, is the place to be in the summer.

Teal Landing is probably booked solid. There are so many Eagles Loft units, you might be able to arrange some kind of upgrade, if a unit is available in that section.
Last edited: Today at 9:53 PM
CO skier, Today at 4:52 PM #2
ecwinch
ecwinch
Mod note - moved this thread from the Wyndham forum as it seemed more appropriate for the WM forum.

Though from your description it is not clear if you are a WM member or a Wyndham member that booked into WM side of Pagosa via Club Pass. Since you mention having a CC collected it sounds like the latter must be the case.

If not, as a WM owner, I would complain to WM Owner Care.
ecwinch, Today at 5:45 PM #3
clifffaith
clifffaith
TUG Member
We are WM owners and stayed there two years ago in late April and had a 1 bedroom right on the lake. I guess it is the luck of the draw. As I recall the kitchen was pretty small, but adequate for our needs. I was up from 1AM until 4 or 5AM every day because of altitude issues. Did enjoy watching the osprey hunt for fish at dawn. I have the same sleeping issues in Santa Fe.
clifffaith, Today at 8:04 PM #4
JohnPaul
JohnPaul
TUG Member
The point values here are quite low which is probably in keeping with the units. The problem is that WM's web site is not at all representative of what you get. Apparently a Wyndham owner would know that a Deluxe unit is the better side of a two bedroom lock off and that a plain one bedroom is the tiny side.

However, in the Worldmark world "Deluxe" usually means a unit that is slightly nicer than a regular one bedroom. Maybe granite or a jetted tub. A "standard" vs "deluxe" one bedroom does not typically mean minuscule kitchen and living room.

In addition, even old WM properties have been updated and of a quality eons above what is offered here. Take Tahoe III units for example.

WM goes out of the way to make clear if units are not typical WM units such as urban units, etc. "These units are smaller than typical WM units." "Limited kitchen in this unit" "These units do not have all normal WM amenities" etc Not a thing on the web site to suggest that units are as terrible as this. If they had been clear, my expectations would have been lower and I would have spent a bit more to get a "deluxe" unit.
JohnPaul, 18 minutes ago #5

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 7:29 pm   

The above info was copied from the thread, but it is easy to read it on the TUG site.

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 8:13 pm   

I corrected the link in the original post.
I apologize for the bad link.

PostPosted: Mon 15 May 2017 1:50 pm   

I booked a two bedroom at Pagosa last October and was delighted with the room. The kitchen was full sized, and the bedroom with two queen beds, not the master, had a door that allowed the bedroom and bathroom to be closed so that it became very private. There was a dining table and chairs that would seat 6. I don't remember the name of the building but it was just in back of the lake-front building.

Have to admit, the staff acted like WM was the moon and very foreign.

etc.

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jun 2017 7:00 pm   

Thanks to herindoors, JohnPaul but too late for me. I am, right now, sitting in the same unit you must have been in 7223B. There was absolutely no mention that the kitchen was subpar. The counter is less than 12 inches wide. The only thing that fits on the counter is the coffee pot. I have to put the toaster on the table. Very subpar, and I wish I had complained. I would have booked the 'Deluxe' to get what I would consider a typical one bedroom. I like to cook our meals because I like organics and I'm gluten free so going out isn't always easy. This unit is a very poor showing.