Register
It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 5:25 pm

Now they are removing lamps

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 12 Apr 2017 10:03 am   

OT: The Marriott Grand Chateau we stayed in last week had a "proper tea kettle".

PostPosted: Wed 12 Apr 2017 11:04 am   

I phoned ahead to the Marriott Shadow Ridge this Feb and asked if they have teapots. She assured me they did. When we got there and I called to ask where it is, she said "it's right on the stove". Oh, do you mean the whistling metal thing?" "Yes, that's it." hmmmm - I decided it would be no use to try to explain anything to her.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villas, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avaria, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas, Marriott Shadow Ridge Vikkages, Sheratin Desert Oasis, more to come.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Apr 2017 6:35 pm   

We asked for a tea pot at the westin once.... it was a one cup pot.

Now we make tea in a saucepan. Shucks. I have started to dislike tea.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Apr 2017 7:15 pm   

My wife usually forgets to ask for a tea kettle when we check-in and that is what she ends up doing.

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 8:23 am   

We were at Running Y a few years ago and they were removing all of the charming lamps with the mountain theme. In the bedrooms there were wood frames with painted designs around the mirrors. The old lampshades were pierced to allow the light through. All gone now. I just returned for the first time yesterday and all of the furnishings have been updated and "modernized". The unit is not nearly as welcoming and attractive as it used to be. I wish they didn't feel like they have to make everything look the same.

etc.

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul 2017 8:51 pm   

We've had to ask for a floor lamp for years at Depoe Bay. At first, we took our own, then one year there was one, so next time we did not take ours. Oops, no floor lamp!! Last December we were told there were no extra floor lamps available but maintenance did bring us up a table lamp which worked after finding a small table to set it on.
The new furnishings in Depoe Bay are pretty bad.

WorldMark today is not WorldMark from yesterday!!

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul 2017 1:29 pm   

3cats5 wrote:
We were at Running Y a few years ago and they were removing all of the charming lamps with the mountain theme. In the bedrooms there were wood frames with painted designs around the mirrors. The old lampshades were pierced to allow the light through. All gone now. I just returned for the first time yesterday and all of the furnishings have been updated and "modernized". The unit is not nearly as welcoming and attractive as it used to be. I wish they didn't feel like they have to make everything look the same.

We always have enjoyed the rustic, mountain-cabin feel of the Running Y units. I remember the lampshades. Although attractive, they resembled deerskin and did not emit much light...not so good for bedtime reading...which was compounded by the low energy light bulbs.

Maybe someone can post a couple of photos of what you mean by "modernized".