Register
It is currently Sun 17 Dec 2017 9:20 pm

Resort2net

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPosted: Sat 28 Nov 2015 7:52 am   

Joined: Tue 21 Nov 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 11
I'm getting ready to spend 2 weeks at Depot Bay. I need good internet for my business, the question I have is the internet there any better than it has been in the past? And if not, why do we put up with such crap for internet service?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 28 Dec 2015 4:22 pm   

Joined: Sat 04 Jul 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1
The internet at Depoe Bay is still terrible. During the day it is okay but in the evening it grinds to a crawl and then just stops. I suspect more people get on the system at night but that is no excuse. If you advertise high speed internet that is what you should get. I am off to the manager to complain again and get some type of reimbursement.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed 27 Jan 2016 4:43 pm   

Joined: Tue 19 Dec 2006 10:04 am
Posts: 54
kevinj67 wrote:
The internet at Depoe Bay is still terrible. During the day it is okay but in the evening it grinds to a crawl and then just stops. I suspect more people get on the system at night but that is no excuse. If you advertise high speed internet that is what you should get. I am off to the manager to complain again and get some type of reimbursement.


I completely agree with this. The price for internet service is pretty high - especially since it limited you to the number of devices that can be connected. If I'm paying a lot, it needs to work well.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu 28 Jan 2016 9:44 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 25 Feb 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Oregon
The Internet at San Diego Mission was worthless also.

_________________
KEN
Forgiveness is the gift you give your self.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2016 10:42 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 29 Apr 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Clancy Montana
It was also spotty at best at Indio and La Paloma recently. It is frustrating that they are charging for something that does not work.
When you call to report problems to Resortnet2 the response tends to be that they are aware of the problems, but it sure doesn't appear that they make any effort to fix them.

_________________
WM Stays: Eagle Crest, Running Y, Gleneden, Seaside, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Long Beach, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, Bass Lake, Rancho Vistoso, Oceanside, Indio, San Francisco, Windsor, Surfside Inn, Victoria, Coral Baja, Granby, Seattle, Birch Bay, Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas Tropicana, McCall, Deer Harbor, Clear Lake, Angel's Camp, Estes Park, Bend Seventh Mountain Resort, Leavenworth, Lake Chelan Shores, La Paloma, Mariner Village, Bear Lake, Wolf Creek, Isla Mujeres, San Diego Balboa Park, San Diego Mission Valley...and we hope to stay at many more.
Exchanges: Torres Mazatlan, Wapato Point, Waikaloa Beach Resort, Grandview Las Vegas, Villa Del Palmar (Cabo), VI Sun Valley, Peaceful Bay Montana


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2016 1:36 pm   

Joined: Sat 13 Apr 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 103
The ResortNet2 at Anaheim in January 2016 was good -- very pleasantly different from the extremely poor performance at Indio in November 2015.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 4:32 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 25 Feb 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Oregon
The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there. Oh well, since Verizon recently increased my unlimited data package by 20.00 per month more, I now look for ways that I can use data as much as I can. Before it was typically only 3-5 GB per month. I think I got it up to close to 30 GB this month by streaming everything for 2.5 weeks of vacation and streaming at home because my internet was out for 4 days when I got home after this vacation. Fortunately, for them, I can't keep up that kind of data usage.

Ken

_________________
KEN
Forgiveness is the gift you give your self.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 7:41 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 14 Feb 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 2078
Location: Oregon coast; pic:Polyphemus@Running Y
I don't know what service ResortNet uses. Cell phone connection is spotty for some services in Lincoln County. Plus my Charter service slows down at night not only because of user numbers but because they work on it at night- whether it be upgrades, road work, landslides, local power outages during storms every time a tree goes down- you name it.

_________________
Owner since 1998:
WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 9:36 pm   

Joined: Mon 16 Feb 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 21
My husband was not able to use the WiFi in Victoria to connect to his work. The employer help desk suspected a low quality connection


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 9:59 pm   

Joined: Sat 13 Apr 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 103
allenke wrote:
The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there.
Ken


This is exactly the same thing that they told me in November when I was there.

I am not sure what the truth is, but when they give the exact same story almost 4 months apart, I find it hard to believe them.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 12:06 am   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 25 Feb 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Oregon
samehere wrote:
allenke wrote:
The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there.
Ken


This is exactly the same thing that they told me in November when I was there.

I am not sure what the truth is, but when they give the exact same story almost 4 months apart, I find it hard to believe them.


Now that is disheartening!

Ken

_________________
KEN
Forgiveness is the gift you give your self.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 1:19 pm   

Joined: Tue 08 Apr 2008 7:34 am
Posts: 12039
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
wanderwoman wrote:
I don't know what service ResortNet uses.

It is most likely a different provider for each location.

_________________
Owner since May 2008
Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 9:11 pm   

Joined: Tue 18 Sep 2007 8:11 am
Posts: 7
Location: Everson, WA
We were in Depoe Bay a couple of weeks ago and because of a screw up at check in, (another subject)
we were given the week with free ResortNet. Not much of a prize let me tell you. Unless you would wander
around outside and find a "hot spot" it was pretty much worthless.

On the other hand, the weather, ocean, and events at the Lincoln City Cultural Center were spectacular and that is why we go to Depoe Bay!!!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 12:57 pm   

Joined: Tue 20 Sep 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 2
:cry:
Internet at every resort I've been to has been horribly slow. I called tech support at ResortNet to find out why only 2 mbps download thinking there was a problem (after all it is advertised as high speed internet). Nope, the tech says, that is the speed that they have been contracted to provide. 2 mbps down and about 0.3 mbps upload is too slow for any type of work related connection over VPN and way too slow for teens wanting to stream anything (last thing anyone wants on vacation are grumpy teens that can't get their internet fix!). I've had to head off to Starbucks anytime I have to connect to the office to do some work (which doesn't stop because I think I am on vacation).

Why such slow connect speed and the restrictions for number of devices that can connect in today's age of massive internet usage is beyond reason.

Has anyone had any other information? Anyway to get whomever it is that sets these agreements up with a internet provider to demand better (read reasonable) connect speeds?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 3:07 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Wed 25 Feb 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Oregon
NorthWet wrote:
:cry:
Internet at every resort I've been to has been horribly slow. I called tech support at ResortNet to find out why only 2 mbps download thinking there was a problem (after all it is advertised as high speed internet). Nope, the tech says, that is the speed that they have been contracted to provide. 2 mbps down and about 0.3 mbps upload is too slow for any type of work related connection over VPN and way too slow for teens wanting to stream anything (last thing anyone wants on vacation are grumpy teens that can't get their internet fix!). I've had to head off to Starbucks anytime I have to connect to the office to do some work (which doesn't stop because I think I am on vacation).

Why such slow connect speed and the restrictions for number of devices that can connect in today's age of massive internet usage is beyond reason.

Has anyone had any other information? Anyway to get whomever it is that sets these agreements up with a internet provider to demand better (read reasonable) connect speeds?



Did they say you could pay to have higher speeds?

_________________
KEN
Forgiveness is the gift you give your self.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010