Register
It is currently Sun 17 Dec 2017 9:20 pm

Resort2net

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 28 Nov 2015 7:52 am   

I'm getting ready to spend 2 weeks at Depot Bay. I need good internet for my business, the question I have is the internet there any better than it has been in the past? And if not, why do we put up with such crap for internet service?

PostPosted: Mon 28 Dec 2015 4:22 pm   

The internet at Depoe Bay is still terrible. During the day it is okay but in the evening it grinds to a crawl and then just stops. I suspect more people get on the system at night but that is no excuse. If you advertise high speed internet that is what you should get. I am off to the manager to complain again and get some type of reimbursement.

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jan 2016 4:43 pm   

kevinj67 wrote:
The internet at Depoe Bay is still terrible. During the day it is okay but in the evening it grinds to a crawl and then just stops. I suspect more people get on the system at night but that is no excuse. If you advertise high speed internet that is what you should get. I am off to the manager to complain again and get some type of reimbursement.

I completely agree with this. The price for internet service is pretty high - especially since it limited you to the number of devices that can be connected. If I'm paying a lot, it needs to work well.

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jan 2016 9:44 pm   

The Internet at San Diego Mission was worthless also.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2016 10:42 am   

It was also spotty at best at Indio and La Paloma recently. It is frustrating that they are charging for something that does not work.
When you call to report problems to Resortnet2 the response tends to be that they are aware of the problems, but it sure doesn't appear that they make any effort to fix them.

WM Stays: Eagle Crest, Running Y, Gleneden, Seaside, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Long Beach, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, Bass Lake, Rancho Vistoso, Oceanside, Indio, San Francisco, Windsor, Surfside Inn, Victoria, Coral Baja, Granby, Seattle, Birch Bay, Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas Tropicana, McCall, Deer Harbor, Clear Lake, Angel's Camp, Estes Park, Bend Seventh Mountain Resort, Leavenworth, Lake Chelan Shores, La Paloma, Mariner Village, Bear Lake, Wolf Creek, Isla Mujeres, San Diego Balboa Park, San Diego Mission Valley...and we hope to stay at many more.
Exchanges: Torres Mazatlan, Wapato Point, Waikaloa Beach Resort, Grandview Las Vegas, Villa Del Palmar (Cabo), VI Sun Valley, Peaceful Bay Montana

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2016 1:36 pm   

The ResortNet2 at Anaheim in January 2016 was good -- very pleasantly different from the extremely poor performance at Indio in November 2015.

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 4:32 pm   

The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there. Oh well, since Verizon recently increased my unlimited data package by 20.00 per month more, I now look for ways that I can use data as much as I can. Before it was typically only 3-5 GB per month. I think I got it up to close to 30 GB this month by streaming everything for 2.5 weeks of vacation and streaming at home because my internet was out for 4 days when I got home after this vacation. Fortunately, for them, I can't keep up that kind of data usage.

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 7:41 pm   

I don't know what service ResortNet uses. Cell phone connection is spotty for some services in Lincoln County. Plus my Charter service slows down at night not only because of user numbers but because they work on it at night- whether it be upgrades, road work, landslides, local power outages during storms every time a tree goes down- you name it.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 9:36 pm   

My husband was not able to use the WiFi in Victoria to connect to his work. The employer help desk suspected a low quality connection

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2016 9:59 pm   

allenke wrote:
The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there.
Ken

This is exactly the same thing that they told me in November when I was there.

I am not sure what the truth is, but when they give the exact same story almost 4 months apart, I find it hard to believe them.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 12:06 am   

samehere wrote:
allenke wrote:
The Wifi at Indio did not work for me either. I was told that they were revamping the system presently and that the Tech people were onsite for the next few days. It never did work for me the 8 nights we were there.
Ken

This is exactly the same thing that they told me in November when I was there.

I am not sure what the truth is, but when they give the exact same story almost 4 months apart, I find it hard to believe them.

Now that is disheartening!

Ken

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 1:19 pm   

wanderwoman wrote:
I don't know what service ResortNet uses.

It is most likely a different provider for each location.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 9:11 pm   

We were in Depoe Bay a couple of weeks ago and because of a screw up at check in, (another subject)
we were given the week with free ResortNet. Not much of a prize let me tell you. Unless you would wander
around outside and find a "hot spot" it was pretty much worthless.

On the other hand, the weather, ocean, and events at the Lincoln City Cultural Center were spectacular and that is why we go to Depoe Bay!!!

PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 12:57 pm   

:cry:
Internet at every resort I've been to has been horribly slow. I called tech support at ResortNet to find out why only 2 mbps download thinking there was a problem (after all it is advertised as high speed internet). Nope, the tech says, that is the speed that they have been contracted to provide. 2 mbps down and about 0.3 mbps upload is too slow for any type of work related connection over VPN and way too slow for teens wanting to stream anything (last thing anyone wants on vacation are grumpy teens that can't get their internet fix!). I've had to head off to Starbucks anytime I have to connect to the office to do some work (which doesn't stop because I think I am on vacation).

Why such slow connect speed and the restrictions for number of devices that can connect in today's age of massive internet usage is beyond reason.

Has anyone had any other information? Anyway to get whomever it is that sets these agreements up with a internet provider to demand better (read reasonable) connect speeds?

PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep 2016 3:07 pm   

NorthWet wrote:
:cry:
Internet at every resort I've been to has been horribly slow. I called tech support at ResortNet to find out why only 2 mbps download thinking there was a problem (after all it is advertised as high speed internet). Nope, the tech says, that is the speed that they have been contracted to provide. 2 mbps down and about 0.3 mbps upload is too slow for any type of work related connection over VPN and way too slow for teens wanting to stream anything (last thing anyone wants on vacation are grumpy teens that can't get their internet fix!). I've had to head off to Starbucks anytime I have to connect to the office to do some work (which doesn't stop because I think I am on vacation).

Why such slow connect speed and the restrictions for number of devices that can connect in today's age of massive internet usage is beyond reason.

Has anyone had any other information? Anyway to get whomever it is that sets these agreements up with a internet provider to demand better (read reasonable) connect speeds?

Did they say you could pay to have higher speeds?