Register
It is currently Mon 16 Oct 2017 4:53 pm

Camlin 2 bedroom deluxe vs. penthouse

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 25 Apr 2015 6:56 pm   

What is the difference between the 2 bedroom deluxe and the penthouse units at the Camlin besides the point factor and the balcony for the 2 bedroom penthouse?

PostPosted: Sat 25 Apr 2015 10:17 pm   

Pcmama wrote:
What is the difference between the 2 bedroom deluxe and the penthouse units at the Camlin besides the point factor and the balcony for the 2 bedroom penthouse?

2 Del: Queen bed in master, no jetted tub in master bath (I think).
PH: King bed in master, jetted tub.

Note: the 2 Del is more expensive than the PH on Sundays.

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Sat 25 Apr 2015 11:34 pm   

LLW wrote:
Pcmama wrote:

2 Del: Queen bed in master, no jetted tub in master bath (I think).
PH: King bed in master, jetted tub.

Note: the 2 Del is more expensive than the PH on Sundays.

Ahh thanks :)

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 12:35 am   

Bleh. After all this talk of Seattle, Hubby found out no full kitchen so he said Oregon Coast.....

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 7:12 am   

Pcmama said: Note: the 2 Del is more expensive than the PH on Sundays.[/quote]

Interesting anomaly. I had to look it up to see for myself. It is 100 pts. less in red and white season - in blue, the 2 Del is cheaper by 100. Someone must have missed their morning coffee that day. It's all in the details, they say. :D

Yooping it up in Pinetop for a couple nights after getting to Phoenix on Allegiant today. Fish fear me!

Blessings to all my WMO friends.
tom

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 7:16 am   

I booked the 2 br penthouse twin just in case while I figure b out the Portland flights. The queen bed in master for deluxe is a deal breaker for me. The kitchen not so much.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 11:43 am   

While there is no kitchen in the rooms... There is a community bbq in the courtyard and a full kitchen in the owner's lounge for owner use. We use both every time we go and have made some amazing meals there with fresh fish and produce from Pikes. Knock on wood but we've never had to wait... Both the bbq and the kitchen seem fairly underutilized.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 1:18 pm   

Good to know on kitchen. What floor is the owners lounge on?

It's amazing how spoiled my husband has gotten. Before he was happy with a microwave and tiny mini fridge. Now a room with a washer dryer, small fridge, mini dishwasher and microwave isn't enough for him. Sigh.

I really want to do Seattle for a few days. I'm thinking maybe if I pair up with discovery bay or Leavenworth he might be ok? But what can I do with small kids age 5-9 thrtr? They like easy hikes and anything different from home (hawaii).

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr 2015 3:01 pm   

Book Leavenworth first and use your Camlin nights in a penthouse midweek to reduce cost. I did a 10 day trip in that order once... 5 nights in Leavenworth and 5 in Seattle. Owners lounge is next to the courtyard on the first floor. My kids LOvE walking around the city... From Pikes to the waterfront to Seattle center. Lots of fun stuff to look at and taste and experience....from fish throwing to singing flower sculptures. Leavenworth has some great hiking, lots of shops, tubing, rafting, summer theatre, and our resort is a nice walk along the river to downtown.

PostPosted: Mon 02 May 2016 1:04 pm   

Sigh.. So I'm finally booking Seattle for next summer. I really need the room from June 7th but booked lead in days from today because I need a 2 bedroom so I booked the only one I can which is a regular 2 bedroom. Does anyone know what floors the regular 2 bedrooms are? Does anyone know what floor the community laundry is on?

I'm going to try for that penthouse Queen tomorrow but with only 1 open, I'm not holding my breath!

PostPosted: Mon 02 May 2016 3:15 pm   

Discovery Bay is also a good option to pair with the Camlin. There is lots of good hiking in the Olympics nearby or along Dungeness spit. What time of year is this for?

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 02 May 2016 6:13 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
Discovery Bay is also a good option to pair with the Camlin. There is lots of good hiking in the Olympics nearby or along Dungeness spit. What time of year is this for?

This is for next June after an Alaska Cruise. The only thing is this darn 13 month rule is messing me up. I liked it so much better when I could link reservations and plan things out with one phone call rather than having to book each location at 13 months out.

PostPosted: Mon 02 May 2016 9:31 pm   

For hiking: the high country doesn't melt out typically until mid-late July. The NE corner of the Olympics tends to melt out earlier so June is really nice though you will likely still have snow at Hurricane Ridge. The area around Sequim is in a rain shadow. This is also true for Leavenworth which will also have good hiking in June but hikes closer to Stevens Pass will still have lots of snow. So either will be a good option for you. Leavenworth will be hotter and drier.
Both resorts are all 2 BR units. Leavenworth has K, 2twins and a murphy. Discovery Bay has K, 2 twins or queen and a sofa sleeper in the living room and, if a loft unit, an additional sofa sleeper outside the second bedroom upstairs.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Tue 03 May 2016 8:52 am   

I've stayed in the SN two bedroom Penthouse many times, and both the two bedroom deluxe and the two bedroom.

The two bedroom is on the 10th floor and is like the one bedroom units with two baths. I think both baths are shower only, but I don't remember for sure. There is a laundry on each floor in the hall and I've never had a problem using it. There is no air conditioning and no fireplace or balcony, just like all the smaller units. All units
have granite countertops.

The deluxe and the penthouses are all on the 11th floor. All of them have w/d in the units and all have air conditioning. There is a jetted tub in the master bedroom in the S/N penthouse and fireplaces in all the penthouses with a bigger fridge and I'm pretty sure there was a dishwasher even though there was no stovetop or oven.

There is a "reading room" on the 11th floor that used to have awesome views before they were blocked by buildings that all guests can use but mostly don't. It's furnished in the old Camlin style with a few chairs and a couple of couches and I always use it, especially when I'm staying on the 10th or 11th floor. It's very peaceful and I channel the old Cloud room which it is nod to.

On the main floor, the charming owners lounge with an open kitchen opens to the lovely courtyard with a large barbecue which I've seen used once. Several people could use it at the same time. I like this area so much, I sometimes drop in when I'm downtown- and I don't feel this way about most of the lounges.

Some of the S/N one bedrooms face the courtyard and I find some of the regular one bedroom configurations charming. Priority booking is by size and by views that no longer exist, so I can usually get one I like last minute. So unless getting a penthouse in the winter when the fireplace is unbeatable, or when I can use the balcony or require air conditioning, I always book the one bedrooms.

Marian

PostPosted: Tue 03 May 2016 9:43 am   

For two people, I like the Camlin studio courtyard units. They are on the ground floor (with some steps up) and are conveniently located near the courtyard BBQ and full kitchen in the lounge.