Register
It is currently Wed 18 Oct 2017 2:33 pm

Arrow Point Idaho

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 31 Aug 2014 7:11 pm   

Drove over from Salem Oregon today. This is a two day stop over on the way to West Yellowstone. The folks at the front desk very helpful and friendly. We have a two bedroom unit. It is hugh. Had a beer on the deck. Ate dinner while watching sunset. Gorgeous views. A few days ago Patti read a couple reviews from Worldmark folks. People complained about the 9.6 mile drive from the freeway and what a horrible drive it was. They obviously have never driven Hwy 1 on the north California Coast or the Road to Hana on Maui. The drive in today had lots of curves and you probably will stay under 35 MPH but other than that it was a beautiful drive.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.
Newly planned and Reserved: Leavenworth.

PostPosted: Sun 31 Aug 2014 7:23 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
Drove over from Salem Oregon today. This is a two day stop over on the way to West Yellowstone. The folks at the front desk very helpful and friendly. We have a two bedroom unit. It is hugh. Had a beer on the deck. Ate dinner while watching sunset. Gorgeous views. A few days ago Patti read a couple reviews from Worldmark folks. People complained about the 9.6 mile drive from the freeway and what a horrible drive it was. They obviously have never driven Hwy 1 on the north California Coast or the Road to Hana on Maui. The drive in today had lots of curves and you probably will stay under 35 MPH but other than that it was a beautiful drive.

Nice comparison...having previously driven these routes.

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2014 10:27 am   

geist1223 wrote:

Road to Hana is almost an autobahn... you need to drive to Julia's for banana bread next time in Maui. Long sections have two way traffic on a one lane road, with drop-offs to the side. Or better yet, just drive in Ireland... the roads there are like the road to Julia's... except the speed limit is 100 KM/hr. So your approach speed is 200 KM/hr to opposing traffic on a single lane road.

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2014 7:21 pm   

Agreed. The drive was not even half as bad as some make it out to be. Even at night. And was very pretty during daylight.

The drive to Grand Lakes (Afton, OK) is very similar in length and twists/turns.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2014 8:31 pm   

I have driven in Wales and Ireland. I have a picture of me standing in the middle of a road in Wales and my arms almost stretch completely across the Road. It was a two way road that even large lorries drove 40 mph. The Road to Hana reminds me of the Hawaiian method of turning a one way road into a two way road -- simply paint an ocassional line down the center.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour - Terraces, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach Wa, Reno NV.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Castle Ireland, Bali Hai Kauai, Dyserth Falls Resort Wales, Haven Court Wales, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife Scotland, Club Paihia New Zealand, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai, Kauai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants Connelles France, Royal Regency Vincennes France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu.

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 10:58 am   

geist1223 wrote:
I have driven in Wales and Ireland. I have a picture of me standing in the middle of a road in Wales and my arms almost stretch completely across the Road. It was a two way road that even large lorries drove 40 mph. The Road to Hana reminds me of the Hawaiian method of turning a one way road into a two way road -- simply paint an ocassional line down the center.

Ah, the ubiquitous "single track" in the vernacular of the Isles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 1:50 pm   

I wouldn't mind the drive so much if there was something to do once you get to the resort but there is nothing except to look at the water.

PostPosted: Wed 10 Sep 2014 8:44 am   

geist1223 wrote:
They obviously have never driven Hwy 1 on the north California Coast or the Road to Hana on Maui.
Or Hwy 50 to WM SouthShore. I have driven all 3. I would consider renting a sports car for the Road to Hana. :twisted:

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 8:03 am   

Just made an overnight stop at Arrow Point and I probably would not return. As an older adult with no children and not a boater or hiker this is not a place that offers much for me. The drive is not bad, but I thought I would be closer to the town whose name I can't spell correctly, LOL. The condo was beautiful and spacious, but probably because some of these condos are privately owned, which is a concept that I don't especially care for. I went on to Discovery Bay and I loved it. Unfortunately I only had two nights there, but I would love to return and spend time going through the small towns near by. I don't mean to be a killjoy, but if your kind of hiking is in the city through shops, this might not be the place for you.

Owner since 1999

etc.

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017 11:34 am   

We only use Arrow Point as a stop over on our way to and from Yellowstone.

II - Newport Coast.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.